Bryan and Liz's Wishes Wedding 03/22/12 WP/ADH Flashback to our PS w/ pics!

disneylizzylou

Mouseketeer
So with a little under 16 months left to go until our big day I decided maybe it was time to join the party and start a planning journal!!

About us: Bryan and I went to the same college, we met my sophmore his freshman year. We actually made our relationship official while I was in Disney for Christmas with my family! We have been dating for almost 3 years now (Dec. 21st) and we have been inseparable ever since :lovestruc

The Proposal:Bryan and I recently went on vacation to Disney World for the purpose of talking to a wedding consultant to see if they could answer my questions about getting married in disney (we may have also taken advantage of the parks ). The second day that we were in disney Bryan and I had planned a romantic dinner just the two of us Jiko. When we were seated at our table he began by telling me that he was still working on the ring but he still wanted the vacation to be special so he ordered us a sweetheart dinner which consisted of personalized wine glasses and a special menu for just the two of us. It was a fantastic meal! We had a 6 course dinner of cauliflower soup, appetizers, bread, lemon sorbet, filet mignion, and a sample of desserts. The waitress brought out our extra special dessert and I looked down and saw written in chocolate "Liz, Will you marry me". I instantly started to cry I was so ecstatic and there sitting across from me was Bryan holding up a small black box with the most gorgeous ring I could imagine.
And of course I said yes!!

The Plans so Far: We have been officially penciled in for a 2:30pm wedding ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion with a reception following from 3:30-8 at the Atlantic Dance Hall and we are SO EXCITED!! :cool1: We really wanted the dance hall more than anything and were even willing to change our date to get it, but luckily luck was on our side and was available on our original date! We picked March 22nd for two reasons, the first being that it fell over spring break for the groomsmen, and the second reason is that it's my late grandfather's birthday and we thought it would be a nice way to remember him.

We are currently drawing up our room blocks so our consultant can begin drawing up our LOA. We have a couple details worked out so far for the wedding but we were waiting to hear about our spaces before we started really getting into it too much!

So that's basically it! That's us in a nutshell, we are really excited to begin some serious planning. As soon as I can figure out how to paste pictures in the post I will post some of our basic ideas so far!:rotfl:

congrats on your engagement and getting ADH!! I just wanted to say that your wedding date is my birthday :cutie:

Yay!!!!!!! Congrats!
I'm a WP/ADH bride too!!! So exciting :goodvibes

Thanks everyone for following sorry for the long gap in updates but up until now we hadn't really made any definite wedding plans. A brief update on our lives: For Christmas we took a Royal Caribbean cruise to the caribbean and it was awesome!! Especially since while we were on the ship back home was getting nailed with snow (i HATE the cold). We went to St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, and Barbados. The ship was phenomenal there was so much to do on board and the islands were absolutely stunning!!

And now for the good stuff!! :rotfl:

While we were home in CT my mom, MOH, and I decided on a whim to start dress shopping just so we could get a sense of what style dress I wanted. We started at David's Bridal and I had the WORST experience. The consultant they set me up with brought over some dresses and the undergarments and said "well your maid of honor can help you. . ." and hardly ever came back to check on us! :mad: She had another bride that she was working with too and she kept fawning over her waiting on her hand and foot while stopping over only to see if I was going to buy the dress that I was currently in. It was horrible!! Needless to say I will not be recommending them to any of my fellow CT/RI brides.

Since David's Bridal turned out to be a bust we then ventured to another dress shop that was privately owned just down the street. Walking in the store was small they had maybe 50 wedding dresses and even more bridesmaid dresses. The owner greeted us at the door and told us that they had to close up shop in a couple minutes for personal reasons but told us to look around and ask any questions. She then learned that I love Maggie Sottero dresses and went in the back and flipped through the new spring 2011 catalog with me telling me exactly what was going to be coming in. She was so nice!! So the next day we went back and I started off by letting my MOH and bridesmaid try on some dresses. The owner let us help ourselves and stopped over with every new dress they tried on and explained different components of the dress, warned us about dresses that would cause a problem/cost a lot with alterations, and made suggestions about which dresses could accomodate different body types. In the end we narrowed it down to 2 dresses! Then it was my turn. My MOH picked out the first dress I tried on, and it was terrible...not me at all and just didn't look right on me. The next two I tried on were the owners picks 1 was a Maggie Sottero dress that was very fitted with lots of beading and it was gorgeous! I loved that dress and spent a lot of time walking around and twirling in it :goodvibes I added it to my list of definite possibility and moved on to her second pull. At first I didn't think I would like it because it was very simple and I thought I wanted lots of beading. We put the dress on and I was looking in the mirror, she said do a couple spins to see all the details. So I did and after I did one spin I started to cry (and then my MOH and Mom started to cry). The dress was gorgeous and looked so stunning on me. I looked in the mirror and I could see myself standing in the WP walking down the aisle with my dad and everyone crying when they see me :bride: I felt like a bride and it was wonderful (I never thought I would have that this is the one moment). The shop owner was really nice and told me that I looked breathtaking in the dress, and enjoyed working with me so much (we had very similar taste in dresses :)) that she threw in the veil that matched the dress so well for free!! It was such a wonderful experience I can't wait to go back! :yay: I don't have a picture of me in the dress (and I'm not sure I have enough posts to post pictures yet :rolleyes1) but it's a Sottero and Midgley dress and the design name is Pauline.

So that's my dress shopping experience :lovestruc I hope everyone else's experience is as wonderful and painless :rotfl2: as mine was!

I will be back (hopefully soon) with more wedding updates, but I just had to stop in and report that I found my dress!

Only 60 days until we are a year out!! :yay:

I just typed out this long updated post. . .and then disboards deleted it. Awesome. :lmao:
So let's try this again:thumbsup2

Some updates on our wedding:
We are officially almost a year out!! So starting next month I can say I'm getting married in a year which is very exciting and slightly nerve-wracking since I feel like time is flying by. Which is good because I'm very impatient, bad because there's a lot to do!!

We are officially getting married at 2:3pm at the Wedding Pavilion followed by a reception at the Atlantic Dance Hall :cool1:

A list of vendors we have booked for the wedding:
Officiant- Rev. Kev. or more formally known as Reverend Kevin Knox. Bryan and I are not religious people so trying to pick an officiant when we had no idea what we were looking for was a huge task. We found Rev. Kev's website and foudn all the information to be very helpful and he has been very pleasant to work with so far, so I think this is going to work out just fine!

Videographer- Visual Effects by Seth, we got a great deal for an all day package and it's going to cost $2000 LESS than what I was originally going to pay Disney for their basic package!

Hair & Makeup- Beaute Speciale, they came so highly recommended how could I not book them :thumbsup2

Photographer- Roots Photography. I am ecstatic that they are doing our wedding! I just love, love, love their work and even in the couple of conversations we've had so far they seem like wonderful people!!

And now for a couple of photos, I apologize in advance if 1. the photos are huge (I have no idea how to change that lol), and 2. if they don't show up at all, although that wouldn't surprise me since I'm technologically challenged.
dahliaweddingbouquetidea.jpg

This is the bouquet I want :lovestruc

mydress.jpg

This is my wedding dress (as mentioned in previous post from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away). To say I love it would be an understatement. I probably love this dress almost as much as I love Bryan. It's practically perfect in every way. Most people just want to preserve their flowers after the wedding, but not me. I want a big ol' shadow box for my dress so that I can put it on display and stare at it from time to time. . .But Bryan tells me that will require a very large box that is probably a. very expensive and b. may take up a lot of space in the living room. . .oh well you win some you lose some :rotfl:
weddingshoes.jpg

These are my shoes I'm wearing with said perfect dress. They will be a little different though because I am adding crystals to the heels to match the ones on the bows in the front and to give them a little more "bling" :thumbsup2
And last but not least. . .
1736_impression_bridesmaid_dress_primary.jpg

This is the dress that my MOH and I were looking at for the bmaids. She tried it on when she came to visit me this month and it was stunning. The only change would be that the dress would be in navy, and then we would add fuschia accents like shoes, flowers, and a flower for the girls hair. I can't wait for the rest of them to try it!!

So that's about it for now. The only other planning we have done is we have officially booked a planning session for Oct. 7th and we are staying at the Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs, which will be awesom because the disney rep told me that they can be hard to get into since they go really fast and are wonderful to stay at. Plus I got 40% so who can pass that up!! :cool1:

I am IN LOVE with everything you picked!! That bouquet is GORGEOUS!! And the dress and the shoes, awesome!!

Love the bouquet and shoes! They look so elegant.

Also, lucky duck! I would love to stay in the treehouse villas...Can't wait to see pictures from that future trip :)

Hi and Congrats to you both!

Wow... your story is so cute! I had a look at your dress online... its lovely! Cant wait to see a picture of you!

I like your ideas too, in partictular your shoes!!! where are they from?!

Faye xx

I am IN LOVE with everything you picked!! That bouquet is GORGEOUS!! And the dress and the shoes, awesome!!

Thanks!!! :) The bouquet I completely came across on accident! I know nothing about flowers (I don't even know what I like really :lmao:) but I googled wedding bouquets and it was one of the first ones that popped up and I fell in love with it :lovestruc

Love the bouquet and shoes! They look so elegant.

Also, lucky duck! I would love to stay in the treehouse villas...Can't wait to see pictures from that future trip :)

Thanks!! :) and I am still in shock that we got the treehouse villas! I'm very excited because I've never stayed in Deluxe/Deluxe Villas! The disney rep that I talked to actually talked me into them lol :rotfl: I originally just wanted either SSR or OKW and she told me what a deal these were and how they are hard to get into and I figured what the heck! And there will be a TON of pics of that trip. . .now if i could just fast forward to October!! ;)

Hi and Congrats to you both!

Wow... your story is so cute! I had a look at your dress online... its lovely! Cant wait to see a picture of you!

I like your ideas too, in partictular your shoes!!! where are they from?!

Faye xx

Thank you so much! The shoes are from www.shoes.com and were a great deal! They were $70 but with free shipping and free returns in case they don't fit. I was having a hard time finding medium heels cause my fiance and I are the same height and when I came across these I had to have them!
Here is the link for their wedding shoes category: http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/Results.aspx?N=4294960451+6207&No=96
And as a bonus they are having a president's day sale this weekend for 25% (be careful though cause some brands aren't on sale) :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter