Bryan and Liz's Wishes Wedding 03/22/12 WP/ADH Flashback to our PS w/ pics!

Way, way, way back at the beginning of October Bryan, my parents, FMIL, and myself went to Disney for our PS, it seems so long ago now that we were there...We stayed for 4 nights, 5 days at the SSR Treehouse villas and they were amazing! My only complaint is the bus system for the Treehouses. Because they are literally out in the middle of nowhere you have to wait for a bus to take you to the main resort area and then from the main resort area transfer to another bus to go to a park or DTD...it got to be a pain in the butt waiting for so many buses and the fact that it POURED the entire time we were there made it twice as miserable waiting for the buses. But other than that the treehouse villas themselves were lovely :lovestruc
073.jpg

072.jpg

071.jpg

I thought this window in the master suite bathroom was so pretty!
063.jpg

Master Bathroom
062.jpg

I could have slept in this tub!
061.jpg

Master Bedroom
059.jpg

There was also another bedroom with a queen size bed, a third bedroom with bunk beds, washer and dryer, and utility closet that I did not take pictures of. And of course being the nice daughter that I am (and seeing as my parents helped pay for the room) of course I took the master suite :rotfl: My parents didn't mind though, they took the queen size bed and FMIL got the bunk beds. Our PS was on Friday the 7th and we were at Franck's bright and early for the first portion of our PS. While we waited there were already a number of other meetings going on and hustle and bustle (they had a full day of weddings at the WP so everyone was running around). We met our planner Diane (Bowen) and got to work. We started by discussing who was who, the timeline of events, if we were using outside vendors and who they were, etc. Then Laura Kidd our florist came in and we discussed flowers and tablescapes, decorations for the WP and reception, etc. I honestly don't remember much detail about what was said since it was so long ago now and that whole weekend was kind of a blur for me. Laura was very helpful in picking out flowers (since I'm pretty clueless as to what I wanted), she kind of laughed at me when I showed her the picture of my bouquet and she asked if I wanted mickey rhinestones and I very sternly said no (my dream bouquet picture has just plain rhinestones and I wanted it to match as close as possible, that and the mickey rhinestones just aren't me). It was a very long morning of discussing every little detail, I don't think Bryan knew what he was getting into because by the time we got to table linens and the colors we wanted and the napkin folds I don't think he cared anymore :rotfl: The biggest trouble with the PS was our cake. I am a VERY PICKY cake person...not how it tastes but how it looks. I didn't want something round (for some reason I hate round cakes) and I had no idea what I wanted. So Diane walked me through the showroom and asked me to look at the cakes that were there and tell her what I liked and what I didn't like and that's when I stumbled across this cake:
082.jpg

I LOVED IT!! :lovestruc Diane said it was brand new and had just been put in the showroom that week :) The cake topper and the strands that hang down are all made out of sugar and there's a light that goes in the top (kind of like the light up ice cubes you get in disney drinks) to make it glow. SOLD! I asked if they could make it square (I could feel everyone rolling their eyes at me lol) and we asked that the piping on the sides of the cake be taken off cause it really didn't add anything to the cake. And viola!! I finally had a wedding cake!

We then parted ways and made our way over to the BW for our tasting session with chef Charles and Diane. Chef Charles was sooooo incredibly nice!! I am a very picky eater (I basically eat nothing) and he was so accomodating and would make me special versions of what we ordered so that I could try everything. Every time there was something else I didn't like he would just go "Wow........." and make a little note to himself. Everyone had a grand old time playing guess what Liz actually eats.:lmao: In the end we finalized our menu:
Cocktail Hour we are having Brie and Stawberry Crostini drizzled with Balsamic Honey syrup, coconut shrimp with orange horseradish marmalade, and beef skewers with house-made teriyaki sauce (we tried the first 2 and they were amazing!! I would highly recommend them!)
Dinner: mixed greens with sunflower seeds, cucumbers, carrots, and grape tomatoes with zinfandel vinaigrette and ranch dressing, Martini Action Station: Yukon gold potatoes with aged cheddar, chives, sour cream, and prosciutto, Grown up mac and cheese, carving station with 3 peppercorn and whole grain mustard rubbed beef strip loin with carmelized onion compote and horseradish cream, cider glazed pork steamship with roasted apple star anise chutney and smoked paprika chimichurri, braised chicken with rich cabernet cremini mushrooms proscuitto and gorgonzola, penne primavera, and breads

And our cake flavors will be bottom tier: almond cake with bavarian cream filling, 2nd tier: chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse, and top tier: lemon cake with white chocolate mousse.

Overall our planning session went very well and after meeting Diane, Laura, and Chef Charles I knew that we were in VERY good hands. The rest of the weekend went by so quickly. Like I said it poured EVERY day. It was like invasion of the poncho people everywhere you went (plastic ponchos were definitely in style since it was the type of rain where an umbrella will do you no good). We went to MNSSHP and enjoyed the parade and the fireworks inbetween torrential downpours. We met Rapunzel and Flynn after waiting for 90 minutes (the sign said 10 minutes but boy was that a lie), and I got many many presents (Bryan and my Dad both tried to buy my love and I wasn't going to stop either one from trying, even though I love them both even if they didn't buy my a darn thing).
Wedding Stuff we bought:
153.jpg

The mickey hat ornaments that were just coming out so of course i bought them
151.jpg

And my collection of rice krispy treats to last me until March! :lmao:
148.jpg

It was very sad leaving Disney this time, but exciting because the next time we would be back was for the wedding...which is now just 22 days away!!

Can't wait to see how your cake turns out.

Getting close now.

Thanks for tuning in! I can't believe how close I am now... 3 weeks from today!! I can't wait to come back with tons of pictures and reports to share with everyone :goodvibes

That cake is fantastic!
I know right!! I think I'm in love with my cake :love: and for how much it cost I might have the leftovers preserved and put in a shrine in my house :rotfl: Yeah it's that expensive :scared1: lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter