Bridging / upgrading a 14 days ticket to AP

Cyberc1978

DIS Veteran
Hi

Have anyone recently in like 2023 upgraded or bridged their 14-days ticket to an AP? If so how much did it cost?

I know I did it in the past but that was before Covid I think. I call Disney today to try and do it over the phone and was told that 14-days tickets can't be upgraded.

I know from past experience that CM's sometime don't have all information and therefore provide wrong answers - I was kinda hoping that would be true in this case too.

/C

No upgrade has been the official line since AP returned for sale after Covid.
However, I have read a few people who managed to get it bridged to a DVC AP for $350. The best chances of success are at guest services in Disney Springs. The same people who managed to have it bridged there were denied in other locations first.
Anyway, if you really want it, you should be ready to enquire at multiple locations and even try to insist (politely, no need to say) that you read reports about it being possible and maybe they can inquire with a supervisor.

Yeah, I think it was easier to upgrade a 21 day ticket a few years ago for not very much.
Not heard of good deals lately

No upgrade has been the official line since AP returned for sale after Covid.
However, I have read a few people who managed to get it bridged to a DVC AP for $350. The best chances of success are at guest services in Disney Springs. The same people who managed to have it bridged there were denied in other locations first.
Anyway, if you really want it, you should be ready to enquire at multiple locations and even try to insist (politely, no need to say) that you read reports about it being possible and maybe they can inquire with a supervisor.
Thanks, I didnt know that.

I will try at Disney Springs when we arrive in October and multiple other locations.

/C

Come back and let us know if it was possible to upgrade and how much it cost. I’d be interested in this. Crossing my fingers for you that it works out 🤞🤞🤞

Come back and let us know if it was possible to upgrade and how much it cost. I’d be interested in this. Crossing my fingers for you that it works out 🤞🤞🤞
I will, but we arent going until Oct so it will be a while.

I was hoping that someone did the actual upgrade after the annual passes was reintroduced, but that was before I read that the official line was that its not possible.

So I called in yesterday and was denied an upgrade.

I tried calling again today and was told “sure no problem”

I was told that the upgrade would cost me $265 for a sorcerer pass. I upgraded instantly :banana:
My total price for the pass is: $903 including tax 8-)

So I called in yesterday and was denied an upgrade.

I tried calling again today and was told “sure no problem”

I was told that the upgrade would cost me $265 for a sorcerer pass. I upgraded instantly :banana:
My total price for the pass is: $903 including tax 8-)
That’s a great deal. Glad you got sorted 👍

Wow, $265...
I'm very tempted. With Universal deal for 15 months on the AP, I could go next year for just $265 in tickets. Very very tempting.
I was planning to go to Japan next year and then 2015 for the opening of Epic Universe, I might reschedule everything.

Wow, $265...
I'm very tempted. With Universal deal for 15 months on the AP, I could go next year for just $265 in tickets. Very very tempting.
I was planning to go to Japan next year and then 2015 for the opening of Epic Universe, I might reschedule everything.
When I called in the first CM I spoke to, quoted me $467, I asked how much value my current ticket had and was told $565. I told the CM that the numbers didn't add up as I paid more for the ticket even though I paid in GBP. She transferred me to a colleague of hers and he looked up my ticket and gave me the new qoute.

So be prepared to challenge what ever number you are given if you don't believe it adds up.

So, I assume the ticket has to be unused?
We are at WDW now
Well mine is, but I would assume that you should still be able to upgrade the ticket if you have used it, but I assume it can't be expired.

As @zavandor mentioned you might need to try multiple places and at Guest Services at Disney Springs people have ha luck in the past.

Absolutely no joy with any location or DVC member services including Disney Springs.
Everyone saying same U.K. tickets not eligible.

Absolutely no joy with any location or DVC member services including Disney Springs.
Everyone saying same U.K. tickets not eligible.
Dang.

When you called DVC, did you select #1 for Member services and then the annual pass/ticket option?

That was what I did, maybe you need to try multiple times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter