bridge GF to MK

How does the Gondola system help the Disney pocketbook, unless they are going to raise the room prices for the Gondola hotels. I guess that is a good possibility. If the bridge is built, I am sure DVC will be paying a part of it, too.
Speculation is the gondolas will cost less to operate than buses.

How does the Gondola system help the Disney pocketbook, unless they are going to raise the room prices for the Gondola hotels. I guess that is a good possibility. If the bridge is built, I am sure DVC will be paying a part of it, too.

The Skyliner system is going to alleviate the demand for back-to-back-to-back buses at park close to Pop and AoA especially. Fewer buses running at any given time throughout the day. It'll definitely be more efficient to operate than running multiple diesel buses.

But yes, they've also been happily raising prices at Skyliner resorts.

This makes me so happy. Think about it: You've still got boats and the monorail, but now you'll have a no-wait, no breakdowns, motion sickness friendly extra "pipe" for people to flow through.

If you're parked at the TTC and can't deal with crowds after fireworks, you can just walk. If you're at the MK and want a snack outside the park, you can just walk. And if you can't walk it, there will be this many fewer people clogging up the monorails and boats.

It might even be more popular than the monorail for strollers and ECVs. Less messing around and less attention drawn as you try to park on the train.

Good point. I bet it's also the cheapest way to make it so at least 5-10% more people can get to the park on a given day.

Key words: "our Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests" ... bet they make it so only people staying at GF or poly can walk it. Maybe they open it to anyone with a reservation or something at GF but doubt they will let hoards of people post fireworks try to walk to TTC past peoples rooms at GF

Key words: "our Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests" ... bet they make it so only people staying at GF or poly can walk it. Maybe they open it to anyone with a reservation or something at GF but doubt they will let hoards of people post fireworks try to walk to TTC past peoples rooms at GF

That isn’t feasible. The press release is of course going to spin it around their hotel guests, that’s good business. But there’s no way they’re going to be checking for magic bands for a walkway. That isn’t guest friendly and seems like a nightmare to implement.

That isn’t feasible. The press release is of course going to spin it around their hotel guests, that’s good business. But there’s no way they’re going to be checking for magic bands for a walkway. That isn’t guest friendly and seems like a nightmare to implement.
Not to mention they have 0 recent history of ever limiting people from walking or taking Disney transportation to any resort. I really doubt they will limit it to just those guests since they don't do so for the CR and its as easy to take Ferry and walk to either of the two.

Do we know the walkway permit includes a bridge? This is super exciting. Think about how much better the running around the MK resorts will be! I won't have to convince DH about going to Disney or staying at the MK resorts.

The permit does not mention a bridge. But I feel like they will do a drawbridge type system over the canal with the Electrical Water Pageant in it, Similar to the one at Epcot. Unless they want to make a really bridge that goes over it.

Speculation is the gondolas will cost less to operate than buses.
I think the gondolas are cheaper because the only real running costs is the electricity.

They don't currently do anything to prevent people from walking to the Contemporary, so I don't see why there'd be anything different on the GF side.

Using google maps, looks like it's 3/4 of a mile from VGF and 3/5ths of a mile from the main building. Actually closer than I assumed.

They will not do anything to prevent walking around, but you can sure bet there will not be any signage or maps showing the way. Those who stay a Poly or GF will most likely get info on walking in their Welcome package, but no outside info will be made to the public. Also, it would be a real hike from the TTC to MK going all around the lagoon, not sure how many would really be up for it.

I think this is long overdue. Would be nice if they put up sun shades that you walk under, as that path will be scorching in the midday sun...or at least a lot of trees.

I'd use it. The wait for the boat last year extended back to the pool. It was ridiculous.

Something else I'm confused with is how will they connect this to GF itself?Screenshot_20190712-224453_Earth.jpg
Looking at the 3d image above, the new walkway would presumably go where that dirt service road is on the bottom right. They would probably have to link it in with the convention center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter