Breakfast Options-Must Dos

FrazierFamily

Mouseketeer
6 days to go!! Just sitting here going over all my plans, wants, and must dos for the 100th time... and I just now realize my "Food List" is lacking something majorly important! Breakfast!

Now I plan on Rope droppin' it each morning so I will be having a small bowl of oatmeal at my hotel each morning (no hotel breakfast for me) But I know I will be ready for snack/meal by 10ish. I do have lots of stuff on my list that will be available at that time.. but I have absolutely nothing that is a breakfast type food.

What are your fav breakfasts ?? I am NOT a picky eater and will try everything once. I am not looking for stuff in Downtown as I don't plan or really want to go out of the parks other than to hop between them.

I love getting a Mickey waffle from Carnation Cafe. Nothing beats sitting at one of their tables outside on Main Street and people watching. I also enjoy some of the specialty donuts that used to be available at the donut cart, but I believe have been moved to Jolly Holiday since the last time I visited.

I know you don’t want to go into DTD, but my absolute favorite breakfast is beignets and chicory coffee from Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen Express in DTD. If you ever find yourself close by, you should try the beignets!

My DH and I generally eat something at our hotel and then rope drop also. By about 10 AM we're usually in need of a snack, but not on full on breakfast. We like to grab a cheddar garlic bagel twist from Maurice's (near Fantasyland) and split it. It usually holds us over till lunch. Maurice's doesn't open till 10 AM.

I know you didn't want to go outside of the parks, but it's so close and easy...

We rope drop and take a late morning break and go to Steakhouse 55 in the DLH for a 10:30-10:45 am breakfast. It allows sufficient "golden hour(s)" time in the park. In our opinion, they have the best breakfast of any of the options in the entire DLR area. We also try the same strategy on Saturdays (Magic Morning) of our trips an go to Carnation Cafe for the last breakfast reservation possible. Food is good, but not as good as SH55. A third option we typically enjoy is to eat a breakfast bar or small item before rope drop (EMH/MM) and go to Wine Country Trattoria for an 11 am first lunch seating. We sit on the wall, enjoy lunch with wine and watch the people shuffle by.

Another tip, We also mobile order our coffee and snack bar from Starbucks near the WOD (staying at GCH) or Lego store area (staying at PPH or DLH) as we are leaving the room so that it's ready as we walk by each morning! You could easily find filling portable breakfast options at Starbucks. Mobile ordering eliminates the time consuming line. We are a gluten free family by allergy so our options can be a bit more limited. The above strategies work well for us.

Mike

We had a yummy breakfast at Flo's recently. DD2 doesn't like eggs so she was allowed to swap them out with potatoes. She got a breakfast tamale that was smothered with potatoes instead of scrambled eggs...it was super yummy!

We also liked that you were served on real plates with real utensils instead of paper..I don't know why we got so excited about that, but we did! :-)

The Craftsman Grill (formally White Water Snacks) in the GCH has REALLY good breakfast items. If you're in DCA its pretty easy and quick to pop into the GCH. If you're looking for just something small they have some adorable donuts available as well!

Last edited:
We also enjoy the breakfast at Flo's-several good options. For a while they had a breakfast scramble at the Cozy Cones that we liked too but I don't think they have it anymore, unfortunately.

The breakfast burrito at Galactic Grill is yum!!!!

Do you know how it compares to the (former) Whitewater Snacks breakfast burrito? I don't think I've ever done breakfast in Disneyland proper before, but would consider skipping early morning then eating later in the park.

The brioche French toast with bananas and caramel at Flo’s is SUPER yummy! Honestly, it’s almost more of a dessert because it’s pretty sweet, but it’s such a treat, I would get it at least once. It’s one of the foods I’m looking forward to when I go in November! 🥞🥓🍳

Echoing what others have said, Jolly Holiday breakfast croissant (w/ egg and bacon) with side fruit cup on the DL side and Flo's on the DCA side. Flo's breakfast options are more meals than snacks, but you could always split.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter