• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast at the Boardwalk...any suggestions?

You can also eat breakfast in the back room (I think its called the Taverna Room) or at the outside seating on the BW at Trattoria del Forno, ordering from an ala carte menu that is less expensive than paying for the character meal. We have always been seated right away as walk ups during breakfast hours. No characters and the bill is about half the price.

We’re going over to the Beach Club to have Mickey waffles at the marketplace. :)

OP here, Mickey Waffles.....YUMMY.
The marketplace? Is that QS? We would be going on Easter morning so thinking all places may be crowded, although we would love Mickey waffles!!

Last edited:
We usually head over to the Ale & Compass across at the Yacht Club. It's a 5 minute walk. We liked it when it was Captain's Grill and it still has a nice breakfast and tends to be quite quiet and empty in the morning. We almost never bother to book ADRs and just walk in for breakfast.

Hmmmm, Ale & Compass. Since we're going during Easter week, actually looking for breakfast on Easter Sunday,maybe I'll make a ressie there.

So excited that Trattoria has a no character option! We used to eat there on our last day every trip but ended up in the character craziness last time and HATED it! We almost always stay at BWI so may give it a try next trip! We love the food and even the prie fixe menu is fine ... just awkward when you aren't interested in the characters!

OP here, Mickey Waffles.....YUMMY.
The marketplace? Is that QS? We would be going on Easter morning so thinking all places may be crowded, although we would love Mickey waffles!!

It is the gift shop in the Beach Club. It has a food counter. It does not have seating. The Solarium in the Beach Club has seating, some of which has tables; you can take your food there.

We loved Ale & Compass--so much that we added another breakfast when we were there in December! So delicious and the service was awesome!

OP here, so couldn't get anything for breakfast at either Ale & Compass or Trattoria Al Forno. I now have a search going for both with TP. We will be checking out of the Boardwalk that day and going to our timeshare so just thought a nice leisurely breakfast might be a good way to start the day, especially since I'm guessing that our unit at the timeshare won't be ready till sometime in the afternoon.
Thanks for all the suggestions :flower3:

56787504153__B261FEF7-67CD-484D-A0F8-CA91B223E017.JPG

OP here, so couldn't get anything for breakfast at either Ale & Compass or Trattoria Al Forno. I now have a search going for both with TP. We will be checking out of the Boardwalk that day and going to our timeshare so just thought a nice leisurely breakfast might be a good way to start the day, especially since I'm guessing that our unit at the timeshare won't be ready till sometime in the afternoon.
Thanks for all the suggestions :flower3:
The Trattoria is walk up. Dh and I only waited 10 minutes 2 different mornings over NYE weekend. You just go inside and ask for standby non character breakfast. There is both inside and outside seating available.(seasonal).

This is the fruit plate.

We had the Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al forno last week and it was amazing. The pastries were delicious and the entrees were large and also delicious (I highly recommend King Triton's calzone). The characters were great with our kids and they didn't rush through at all They each spent a lot of time with each table. I honestly believe this is the best character breakfast on disney property.

You can also eat breakfast in the back room (I think its called the Taverna Room) or at the outside seating on the BW at Trattoria del Forno, ordering from an ala carte menu that is less expensive than paying for the character meal. We have always been seated right away as walk ups during breakfast hours. No characters and the bill is about half the price.

Do they take reservations, or just walk ups? Although, from what you say, I should be fine as a walk up.

Do they take reservations, or just walk ups? Although, from what you say, I should be fine as a walk up.

When I asked inside the restaurant I was told no resies for the non-character breakfast. Walk ups only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter