Breakfast at the Boardwalk...any suggestions?

karensi

My Family and Disney are my two favorite things!
We'll be staying at the Boardwalk Hotel and I'm wondering if there is a restaurant in the hotel. Also, what about on the Boardwalk itself? Any suggestions for breakfast?

It has one of the best Character breakfast on property: The Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno featuring Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Ariel and Prince Erik. It also has a bakery that serves breakfast.

Cape May at Beach Club (5 min walk) is really good too. It’s a buffet with characters, so you do pay $$$ for that.

We usually head over to the Ale & Compass across at the Yacht Club. It's a 5 minute walk. We liked it when it was Captain's Grill and it still has a nice breakfast and tends to be quite quiet and empty in the morning. We almost never bother to book ADRs and just walk in for breakfast.

If you are looking for CS, Les Halles in the France pavillion in Epcot has some reasonably good options too and is open in the morning.

I used to like Trattoria for breakfast until they changed it to a character breakfast. I understand that there is still an option to do it without characters but I think you have to sit outside which I don't want and there doesn't appear to be anywhere that you can book that. I think you just have to walk up (actually, that's what we used to do there when it was Spoodles and Kouzzina as it was never really busy in the morning but the characters may have changed that).

I enjoy both Ale & Compass as well as Trattoria al Forno for breakfast. Trattoria is mostly a character breakfast but they do have a separate room as well as the sidewalk patio they reserve where you can order a la carte off the menu with no character interaction. If you have park hopper tickets or if it’s an Epcot day, the bakery in France opens at 9 and is a quick serve option (primarily pastries). I’ve not been but have heard good things about the buffet at Fresh Mediterranean Market in the Dolphin.

There are so many options in that area. As others have already mentioned, you have the Boardwalk Bakery QS, Trattoria as a character breakfast (ADR needed) and Trattoria as an a la carte option walk-up (no characters). A short walk away, you have Garden Grove at the Swan (breakfast buffet with characters on the weekends) and Fresh at the Dolphin. If you have a AAA card, you can get 20% off of the Swan/Dolphin breakfasts. There is also Picabu QS in the Dolphin. You can also walk over to YC/BC for Cape May buffet (characters) and Ale & Compass - I would recommend ADR's for both. Both YC and BC have QS as well. You can also walk into EP (if you have a park ticket) and eat breakfast at Les Halles in the France pavilion.

We'll be staying at the Boardwalk Hotel and I'm wondering if there is a restaurant in the hotel. Also, what about on the Boardwalk itself? Any suggestions for breakfast?

Keep in mind that you are expected to go down to the BoardWalk itself for most eating and shopping. The only things IN the hotel are the Belle Vue Lounge and a very tiny gift shop.

Inside the BW resort there is a little spot called the Belle Vue lounge that has some things like muffins and pastries. Just outside the hotel part in the Boardwalk section they have a bakery that has all kinds of pastries and a few breakfast sandwiches. There is Trattoria Al Forno on the Boardwalk, It is a sit down/table service character meal and can be really had to get reservations for. Also, there are several option at Beach Club which is a shortwalk away (5 mins). If you are going to Epcot, you can enter through International Gateway and the bakery in France opens at 9 am for breakfast and there is also Akershaus (character meal with princesses...sit down table service ) int eh Norway sections ( also requires reservations adn can be hard to find availability)

One drawback for us, which was minor, was where to refill our mugs. You have to go to the pool bar or over to the bakery (maybe the Bellvue Lounge too, but I don’t think it’s always open). I just found it slightly inconvenient with kids. We love the BWI.

One drawback for us, which was minor, was where to refill our mugs. You have to go to the pool bar or over to the bakery (maybe the Bellvue Lounge too, but I don’t think it’s always open). I just found it slightly inconvenient with kids. We love the BWI.

I agree....And we were just there and the Belle Vue lounge doesnt have a drink refill station.....so it is just the bakery which seems so small to service such a big resort o the pool area

Haven't eaten anything at the Boardwalk Bakery but the butter butter sandwich on the breakfast menu sure looked tasty.

I agree....And we were just there and the Belle Vue lounge doesnt have a drink refill station.....so it is just the bakery which seems so small to service such a big resort o the pool area

I thought the same thing. Sometimes it got a little congested in there. We never bothered at the pool since you had to ask the bartender to do it, and at the time I didn't even realize we could.

It has one of the best Character breakfast on property: The Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno featuring Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Ariel and Prince Erik. It also has a bakery that serves breakfast.

I haven't yet tried the Bon Voyage breakfast, but everything I've read about it has been favorable.

In my experience the Boardwalk Bakery gets long lines (around 40 minutes) at peak breakfast times.

Cape May at Beach Club (5 min walk) is really good too. It’s a buffet with characters, so you do pay $$$ for that.
This is a great choice.

In my experience the Boardwalk Bakery gets long lines (around 40 minutes) at peak breakfast times.

Same here.

Also, for a "bakery", we find their selection of pastries and muffins at breakfast to be quite lacking.

I prefer to avoid it in the morning for these reason.

Haven't eaten anything at the Boardwalk Bakery but the butter butter sandwich on the breakfast menu sure looked tasty.
It's really really good. I'm not usually a Boardwalk Bakery breakfast fan but that sandwich changed things for me.

Going to try that butter butter sandwich at the bakery one day. Mostly I stick with eggs cooked in our DVC unit or Greek yogurt to limit carbs, but that sandwich looks worth going carb rogue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter