Bread Pudding at Disneyland

The Bananas Foster Beignets are still on the menu online.

This was the old fashioned style, where they bring the
saute pan to your table, make the carmelized sauce with bananas and throw some rum (?) on and light it on fire. Then they poured it over ice cream. OMG, it was amazing!

BTW, I also just learned that Bananas Foster was invented (created?) by Ralph Brennan!

It was created at Brennan's in New Orleans which at that time I believe was owned by a different part of the Brennan family (as I recall, they have had lots of conflict over the years). I think Ralph may own that Brennan's now after almost destroying it. Quite a turbulent family history, but it has been a long time since I read up on it (I got interested when the original Brennan's was suddenly shut down and its fate was very much in question).

Last edited:
I just wanted to post and say that I love bread pudding! I am booking Storyteller's for brunch just because they have it (and my daughter will love the characters but really the bread pudding!).

I'm really hoping that Aunt Cass' bread pudding is still there when we go in Sept.

I did want to mention that I saw Bananas Foster beignets on the menu at Beignets Expressed as someone was mentioning liking bananas Foster.

This was the old fashioned style, where they bring the
saute pan to your table, make the carmelized sauce with bananas and throw some rum (?) on and light it on fire. Then they poured it over ice cream. OMG, it was amazing!

BTW, I also just learned that Bananas Foster was invented (created?) by Ralph Brennan!

It was created at Brennan's in New Orleans which at that time I believe was owned by a different part of the Brennan family (as I recall, they have had lots of conflict over the years). I think Ralph may own that Brennan's now after almost destroying it. Quite a turbulent family history, but it has been a long time since I read up on it (I got interested when the original Brennan's was suddenly shut down and its fate was very much in question).
I miss the NOLA Brennan’s so much. Their Brandy Milk Punch was so good. Loved watching them make the bananas foster.

I miss the NOLA Brennan’s so much. Their Brandy Milk Punch was so good. Loved watching them make the bananas foster.
I feel so lucky to have gotten to go there once (way back in 2002) and the Bananas Foster was the highlight of a spectacular dining experience! I still remember our waiter, a dignified black man named Boris. He was wonderful. They really treated everyone like we were VIPs. I loved New Orleans - lol I called it Disneyland for adults. (Of course, imho Disneyland is also for the kid in us adults.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter