Brazilian Blowout for Hair?

Thank you for taking the time to keep us all updated. I remain curious to see how well this process works.

Hoping it "sticks" better the second time around! I will avoid ocean water for the rest of the summer.

Anyone have experience with either a Brazilian blow out or keratin treatment on dyed gray hair?

The grayer my hair becomes the more the texture is changing. It is becoming very wiry and unruly- I describe it as "witchy". I color my hair every 4-5 weeks.

Thanks!

This is me too, so frustrating, I have spots where its just as kinky as can be and other spots that are nice and soft. Its frustrating.
I want to do this treatment so bad, but we travel a lot and go in the pools and ocean and that would ruin it......

I got a 6 month keratin treatment on my hair a few weeks ago. I LOVE it. The frizz is gone. I still have my waves but no poffiness. Also when I straighten my hair it's much smoother and takes half the time. I'll be keeping up with this on a regular basis.

My hairdresser told me not to do the Brazilian blowout because it's much harsher on the hair.

there seem to be so many options, it gets confusing!

For those of you with a keritan treatment......I was told years ago when I got my very first one to wet my hair and put a heavy conditioner on it before getting in pool water or salty ocean water. I usually get mine done a week before leaving for Cozumel and it lasts as long as when we aren't in Cozumel. My treatment leaves my hair stick straight with no poofiness. I can curl it if I want and it lasts. I swear by the brand name Kera Straight. It lasts me 5 months. I've tried 3 other brands that just don't work as well.

For those of you with a keritan treatment......I was told years ago when I got my very first one to wet my hair and put a heavy conditioner on it before getting in pool water or salty ocean water. I usually get mine done a week before leaving for Cozumel and it lasts as long as when we aren't in Cozumel. My treatment leaves my hair stick straight with no poofiness. I can curl it if I want and it lasts. I swear by the brand name Kera Straight. It lasts me 5 months. I've tried 3 other brands that just don't work as well.

Thanks for more experienced insight.

IMG_7534.JPG IMG_7530.JPG IMG_7536.JPG Ok, so got my daughter's hair done- the stylist fixed her color and did the Brazilian blowout. She loves it. Before and after. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY] we will see what happens when she washed it

She also gave us a lot of home care instructions- but nothing too difficult. lol
She won't be washing it for a few days- hopefully when she does- there will be straight hair, or wavy/curly with no frizz. Fingers crossed. :)

I just made my appt. for Sept. 13th I am so excited not to be a prisoner to my hair on our cruise in Oct.

OMG, you are going to love it. I won't go back to my curly, wavy, frizzy bush of hair, LOL. I am not exaggerating but I used to look like Monica on the Friends episode!

I had nice wavy thick hair till it began graying, the gray is coming in so frizzy, yuck! My granddaughter saw it down once on a cruise as it was drying before I turned on my Babybliss and she said "Grandma, your hair looks like a rats nest." She was 4 at the time LOL My husband and I cracked up. He now regularly tells me this........

hahaha. As the show was named, kids say the darndest things. Sooo cute!

I have red hair. As I age it is fading but not graying. I am so fortunate. It looks like I have it highlighted. I get so many compliments on it. One good thing for my hair anyway, LOL.

Wow, this thread is so old. I just got a Brazilian Blowout on Wednesday for the first time since 2017. My hair had gotten so frizzy/curly the grayer it got. I just washed it and let it air dry.
It is smooth! Have a wedding next week, so didn't want to look like a witch!

How is everyone here these days????

I've had 4 Brazillian Blowouts as well as tried numerous products that were guaranteed to work. Sometimes you just can't fight nature.

I've had 4 Brazillian Blowouts as well as tried numerous products that were guaranteed to work. Sometimes you just can't fight nature.
so true, I honestly am always a little disappointed with the results. This was the 3rd one I've ever had. Just wanted to do something about my looks for the upcoming wedding. I haven't gone anywhere for over two years,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter