Brazilian Blowout for Hair?

snapppyd

God is Great, Beer is Good and People are Crazy!
I give up. My hair is hopelessly frizzy not matter what I use on it. I'm thinking of going for a Brazilian Blowout next month.

Has anyone here done this and were you happy with the results? How long did it last? Was it more than $200?

Thanks!

Last edited:
It lasts a couple of months but depending on how hard you are on the your hair it can be pushed to 5 or 6. Around here it is usually over $300.

I have never gone the Brazilian route but I go to a salon that uses Kera Straight. It costs me 179.00 and last about 5 months. I have been using it for probably 4 years. Most keritan treatments require you not to wash for 3 days and be careful not to kink it when sleeping. No pulling back in those days either. With kera straight she actually washes it right after the treatment. I have used other keritan treatments but none compare to Kera Straight in my opinion. I am a redhead with extremely, curly, wavy hair that frizzes unmercifully in humidity. I can now go to Cozumel without pulling it back at all, period.

What I had was not a straightening treatment, it was for the frizziness. If I don't blow dry I will still have my waves. With this you keep the volume and lose the frizz.

I got my first Brazilian Blowout a month ago and I love it. My hair would get so frizzy at even the tiniest hint of humidity. I live in the Houston area, so my hair is pretty much a year round battle. I stopped even bothering to do anything with my hair because once I left the house it became pointless.

But now I have no frizz. Zero. The past couple of weeks in Houston have been really humid, like 95% and above, and my hair has not been affected one bit. I got caught in some rain on Saturday and before my hair would've poofed up like a lion's mane, but now, nothing. I can let my hair air dry and all I need to do is a minimal amount of touch up with the straightener. I can even go outside with wet hair and not get anymore frizz.

It did eliminate most of my curls, but my hair still has volume and body, so I'm ok with losing the curls. Those were the parts of my hair that gave me the most trouble anyway. It cost me close to $300, but that included the shampoo and conditioner. My stylist said this first treatment should last about 3 months, but she said each time I do it it will last a little longer. She has another client whose hair was worse than mine who now only gets the treatment twice a year.

Yes, it's expensive, but I have no regrets. I used to dread going outside in the heat and humidity, but now it's no problem. I've never been one to spend a lot of time on my hair, even though I needed to at times, so this has been the perfect solution to being low maintenance. It took me over a year to decide to do this after the first time my stylist suggested it. The cost was a major factor. But I have had enough of the frizz and frustration I would feel every summer, so I finally decided to do it and I'm so glad I did.

I would love to do this but my hair grows SO fast (seriously an inch a month at least) it wouldn't last long before it looked terrible.

It's only been a day, lol, so will have to update after a few washings. Mine cost $200 plus a $40 tip. My hair was so dead it was crazy, and every product I tried only gave me greasy frizz. I can't wait to go to the beach this weekend and see what happens.

This was a big decision for me as I hate going to the salon, actually cut my own hair most of the time. I'm looking forward to summer and vacation this year. I usually blow dry, use hot curlers, flat iron, etc and still ended up frizzy.

Thanks to those who commented and shared their stories!

Interested in hearing your thoughts on the condition of your hair as time goes on. My oldest daughter might be interested in pursuing this route as she's been battling with her hair for years.

The pics you posted show lovely results at the start.

What I had was not a straightening treatment, it was for the frizziness. If I don't blow dry I will still have my waves. With this you keep the volume and lose the frizz.

It's only been a day, lol, so will have to update after a few washings. Mine cost $200 plus a $40 tip. My hair was so dead it was crazy, and every product I tried only gave me greasy frizz. I can't wait to go to the beach this weekend and see what happens.

This was a big decision for me as I hate going to the salon, actually cut my own hair most of the time. I'm looking forward to summer and vacation this year. I usually blow dry, use hot curlers, flat iron, etc and still ended up frizzy.

Thanks to those who commented and shared their stories!

I so want to do this to my hair, the older I get the frizzier it gets, Do you know the name of the product they used on you?

I hate when we go on vacation and I want to swim or go in the ocean, then I have to be a slave to my hair before we go out for dinner in the evening, makes me crazy.
But I have heard you can't go into the ocean after the Keratin treatment because it will destroy the treatment immediately.

I don't know the name of the product, they just called it a Brazilian blowout. I was told I could wash my hair as soon as I went home, but I'm waiting a couple of days just in case. I haven't heard about ocean water having any effects, I'll google that. My hair was very damaged from years of dying, blow drying, etc. It feels incredibly soft right now. I'll post an update after the upcoming long weekend.

After the first wash and dry. I'm 98.5% happy with it, I think I need to cut an inch or two off the length and I can never
blow dry it as good as they do. Much less frizz and more shine. This weekend at the beach will be the humidity test.

Last edited:
I tried using photobucket, didn't work out very well. Here is the before and after again: upload_2017-6-29_12-15-28.png

upload_2017-6-29_12-15-52.png

Oh, yeah, the difference is obvious! If you go back to the salon for the trim you're considering, ask if the stylist will instruct you how to blow dry it.

I get keratin every 12 weeks. My stylist does a "keratin express" treatment that costs less than the regular one ($100 each time), and I can wash my hair after 8 hours rather than 3 days. It takes the frizz out of my hair, but it doesn't make it stick straight. I still have the waves, but it's much more manageable. My stylist doesn't offer Brazilian Blowouts. He said they contain formaldehyde and it really bothers his asthma. There are a couple of stylists in his shop that will do it, but only after regular hours when other stylists and clients are not present. He recommended keratin for me so I stick with that.

It's been two weeks and five washings, I'm still happy! We went to the beach on the weekend, 100% humidity one night and no frizz. I have never been able to skip a day or two washing my hair, go outside, etc. and still have no frizz. I'm hoping it lasts through August, we have our nephew's wedding on August 19th. I'm due for a trim/styling, the woman who did my hair went on vacation the day of my treatment and just got home.

I think I will definitely be keeping up with these treatments every few months! This is just a quick blow dry, no styling:

upload_2017-7-12_6-30-7.png

Before I would have looked like a witch/lion/poodle, lol.

:offtopic: But just opened this thread after the thread on not having extra money to save for retirement. Hmmmm, how much could people save for retirement if they just left their hair the way it grows out of your head? LOL.
:sail:

I planned very well for my retirement. One of the perks of working your whole life is being able to do something nice for yourself once in a while. You could ask the same about vacations, cars, trips, etc. Different strokes...............

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter