BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think all of the rooms have queen beds, but only some of the rooms are renovated. Right, Kat?

I think there are still some doubles around, but I'm sure one of the experts here will confirm. I found this info:
There are still a few rooms throughout CSR that have 2 double beds – these are being converted to King bedded rooms.
at the following: http://wdwcentral.wordpress.com/200...gs-resort-moderate-resort-now-has-queen-beds/.

This info is several months old, but I think it matches something that I also read here recently.

We're staying at CSR for the first time arriving July 4th and we also could not sleep on 2 full-size beds, so are counting on a room with 2 queens.

I will be at Coronado Springs in 24 hours!!! :cool1: We are really, really, really hoping that we get one of the refurbished rooms with the queen bed.

Anyway, I promise to take TONS of pictures and I'll post them here when I get back. :thumbsup2

Alan

I was planning to have a case of water delivered to CSR for our September stay. Somewhere on this thread I read where somebody posted their Cosco cost which I thought was terrific (around $7 - $10 for the case of water). Then, I also read someone's post about a CSR handling charge of $10 on top of the price. Does anyone know if there is in fact a $10 handling charge for a package to be delivered to the resort? If so, this $20 case of water :scared:may not be worth it! Thanks!!:worship:

I will be at Coronado Springs in 24 hours!!! :cool1: We are really, really, really hoping that we get one of the refurbished rooms with the queen bed.

Anyway, I promise to take TONS of pictures and I'll post them here when I get back. :thumbsup2

Alan

Alan, I'm counting on you!!! As you know, we're cancelling our trip. But I got good news today. A lawyer I work with has a home in Marco Island and he has offered it to Mark and I for a week in September FREE OF CHARGE! So, with the miles we have, we'll have free air so we only have to pay for a rental car and food. We can do that. So we'll soak up the rays on the beach in Marco Island and do Disney in 2010!

But I am going to miss my CSR and need my pictures from you and any news you can find out while there!

My daughter and I just got back from CSR this past Sunday. We were there for 9 days and it was our first stay at the CSR.

There were good things and bad things about the resort.

When we checked in, our room wasn't ready. We got there around 1 PM and didn't get our room until 7:30 that night. But we did get a room in the Cabanas (9B, room 9644), a renovated room (really nice) and it overlooked the small pond in the front of the resort. We saw Glen many times in the pond and did take pictures.

We were at bus stop #1 and never had to stand to or from the parks. We did wait over an hour one day for a Magic Kingdom bus in the morning, but the rest were usually within 15-20 mins.

The Pepper Market was not a favorite of mine. I didn't find the food appealing or very tasty. Now I'm from Louisiana, so I am used to certain amount of spice. The one thing they did serve that surprised me with how spicey it was, was the French Onion Soup. I think they need to rename it to Mexican Spiced Onion Soup.

We did go to the quiet pool once, however, it is not a "quiet" pool. Kids were jumping and splashing and yelling all over the place. Wasn't thrilled with that too much. Also, there was a duck that made this pool his own private lake.

The best thing about this resort for us was the buses. Second was the room. However, housekeeping was not the best. I think we will probably go back to staying at Pop Century, even though I don't like the buses there. It was nice to stay at a moderate for once, but it just wasn't worth the extra money in the long run for us. Will post pictures once I get them loaded.

My daughter and I just got back from CSR this past Sunday. We were there for 9 days and it was our first stay at the CSR.

There were good things and bad things about the resort.

When we checked in, our room wasn't ready. We got there around 1 PM and didn't get our room until 7:30 that night. But we did get a room in the Cabanas (9B, room 9644), a renovated room (really nice) and it overlooked the small pond in the front of the resort. We saw Glen many times in the pond and did take pictures.

We were at bus stop #1 and never had to stand to or from the parks. We did wait over an hour one day for a Magic Kingdom bus in the morning, but the rest were usually within 15-20 mins.

The Pepper Market was not a favorite of mine. I didn't find the food appealing or very tasty. Now I'm from Louisiana, so I am used to certain amount of spice. The one thing they did serve that surprised me with how spicey it was, was the French Onion Soup. I think they need to rename it to Mexican Spiced Onion Soup.

We did go to the quiet pool once, however, it is not a "quiet" pool. Kids were jumping and splashing and yelling all over the place. Wasn't thrilled with that too much. Also, there was a duck that made this pool his own private lake.

The best thing about this resort for us was the buses. Second was the room. However, housekeeping was not the best. I think we will probably go back to staying at Pop Century, even though I don't like the buses there. It was nice to stay at a moderate for once, but it just wasn't worth the extra money in the long run for us. Will post pictures once I get them loaded.

Thanks for the review. I'm sorry the CSR was not the greatest for you. We've had really good reviews the past two weeks and some bad reviews--mostly about housekeeping. It seems to be a growing trend at all of the resorts which is very sad.

I'm glad you gave it a try and look forward to seeing your pictures.

Alan

Have a great trip Alan! Look forward to your trip report when you return.:)

I was planning to have a case of water delivered to CSR for our September stay. Somewhere on this thread I read where somebody posted their Cosco cost which I thought was terrific (around $7 - $10 for the case of water). Then, I also read someone's post about a CSR handling charge of $10 on top of the price. Does anyone know if there is in fact a $10 handling charge for a package to be delivered to the resort? If so, this $20 case of water :scared:may not be worth it! Thanks!!:worship:

It's absolutely worth it, in my opinion, if your family drinks water at all and if you'll be there long enough to go through 24 bottles. I drink water 90% of the time over any other beverage.

Buying and shipping the water from Costco to CSR cost $7.80 (this included a small charge because I'm not a Costco member--it was less than a dollar--and NO shipping and handling fees from Costco, which is crazy cheap, because it weighed 29 pounds!). At CSR, they charged me a $10 handling fee. That's $17.80 for 24 1/2 liter bottles of water (approximately 70 cents/bottle). Roughly the same size bottle in the parks and resorts will cost you $2.50 each. If you were to buy 24 of them, you'd be out $60. $17 vs. $60, which would you rather pay?

And I was SO glad I bought that water. I ran out on my last day in the parks and refilled my bottle from a water fountain in the park. It was AWFUL. It tasted like swamp water.

We leave a week from today!!! I can't wait and thanks everyone for recent pics and reviews. I read earlier about life jackets not being always available so that made me glad I bought 2 yesterday for the girls to wear.

I am sooo ready for this vacation!
:cool1:

We've had Garden Grocers deliver in the past, but this year we're on QSDP and have Visa rewards for several TS dinners, so we don't need any food, just water!!! I started wondering if I could just check a bag with a case of water in it. I called SWA and the lady I talked to said sure, that many people do this. She said to be sure and bubble wrap it and it would be fine. Since we only take 3 checked bags and we can actually take 6 with SWA for free, I thought why not. I always take an empty duffle bag packed in one of the suitcases for dirty clothes to come home in anyway, so I'll just pack the water in it. Does anyone see a problem with this??? :confused3

We've had Garden Grocers deliver in the past, but this year we're on QSDP and have Visa rewards for several TS dinners, so we don't need any food, just water!!! I started wondering if I could just check a bag with a case of water in it. I called SWA and the lady I talked to said sure, that many people do this. She said to be sure and bubble wrap it and it would be fine. Since we only take 3 checked bags and we can actually take 6 with SWA for free, I thought why not. I always take an empty duffle bag packed in one of the suitcases for dirty clothes to come home in anyway, so I'll just pack the water in it. Does anyone see a problem with this??? :confused3

SWA has a stated policy that lets you put alcohol in your checked baggage so I don't see water being a problem. Maybe wrap it a couple times in plastic trash bags in case of leakage/breakage.

So, how do you know if a pool is closed? At other disney resorts we've swam untl much later than that - if you want to cool off after getting back from a park at 10 p.m., its nice to take a quick dip. That seems a little early to me.

So, how do you know if a pool is closed? At other disney resorts we've swam untl much later than that - if you want to cool off after getting back from a park at 10 p.m., its nice to take a quick dip. That seems a little early to me.

The main pool is open until midnight. Now, the quiet pools may be open later during the summer months, but when we were there in September, they closed at 9:00 p.m. (they put up signs). Now a security person did come around and told my DH, since he was the only one in it when they put out the sign, that as long as he was quiet and nobody said anything to him, he could stay.

Okay all of you CSR experts! I need some food help. I have gathered from this thread that the Pepper Market has good wings and pizza. What else do you LOVE from Pepper Market? Has anyone tried the cheeseburger recently? We are on DDP. Thanks!

That's a great idea -- just watch the weight. That could end up being some pretty expensive water!

Okay all of you CSR experts! I need some food help. I have gathered from this thread that the Pepper Market has good wings and pizza. What else do you LOVE from Pepper Market? Has anyone tried the cheeseburger recently? We are on DDP. Thanks!

The fajitas and the quesidillas were both very very good! DH had the breakfast burrito, he said that was good also.

The main pool is open until midnight. Now, the quiet pools may be open later during the summer months, but when we were there in September, they closed at 9:00 p.m. (they put up signs). Now a security person did come around and told my DH, since he was the only one in it when they put out the sign, that as long as he was quiet and nobody said anything to him, he could stay.

Wow. This scares me a little bit. We are used to taking that late dip. As far as I know they never closed the quiet pools at POR or at POP. Maybe they had a closing time, but they never put up signs. And of course, its easier to use the quiet pool when you're tired from a theme park day if its closer to your room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter