BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've been lurking for months on this thread. I booked on the 4/3 deal starting June 12, but wasn't sure if we would be going because of fear of job-loss. Last year I cancelled our trip for that very reason. I finally decided to quit putting our life on hold because we may not get another chance to go as a family. My daughter graduates next month from high school and will be going off to college. My son is turning 16 this month and will be off to college before I know it! Disney has been a great experience for our family. Anyway......we are going! and I can't wait. This thread is fantastic! We have never stayed at CSR and it looks wonderful. I will also have my big 5-0 birthday while we are there....LOOK OUT...YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!! :woohoo:

jb

:welcome: If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We have lots of friendly people here.

Thank you so much. :)

I've spent the morning looking at all the beautiful photos and am so looking forward to our 10 night stay at the Coronado in August. It's funny, when I booked my reservation even the Cast Member commented on all the wonderful things about the resort including the renovated rooms and flat screen tv's.

:woohoo: Paid off trip last night. Only 6 weeks and 2 days to go. Added a request to my ressie for either Cabana's or a top floor in Casitas. Going to fax a request closer to trip. Still having trouble deciding which one I would like best. I'm torn between those two. I think we would rather be closer to the main pool, maybe even a quiet pool and near a bus stop than El Centro.

:cool1: It's always a great day when the trip is paid off! I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever spot you end up in.

We're going next week so I guess I should fax my request in Monday. Can't decide on casitas or cabanas. Hmmmm. :)

Lucky you! Have a great time. :yay:

Ok, I've been lurking for months on this thread. I booked on the 4/3 deal starting June 12, but wasn't sure if we would be going because of fear of job-loss. Last year I cancelled our trip for that very reason. I finally decided to quit putting our life on hold because we may not get another chance to go as a family. My daughter graduates next month from high school and will be going off to college. My son is turning 16 this month and will be off to college before I know it! Disney has been a great experience for our family. Anyway......we are going! and I can't wait. This thread is fantastic! We have never stayed at CSR and it looks wonderful. I will also have my big 5-0 birthday while we are there....LOOK OUT...YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!! :woohoo:

Welcome to our world. Both of our boys are in college and that's when the money really comes out of our pockets (plus just found out our youngest DS may need surgery...we'll know early next week...think he tore the miniscus and mcl in his knee). We celebrated both DH's and my 50th birthday at CSR. We would not have gone anywhere else to do so! Happy 50th!
jb

Thank you so much. :)

I've spent the morning looking at all the beautiful photos and am so looking forward to our 10 night stay at the Coronado in August. It's funny, when I booked my reservation even the Cast Member commented on all the wonderful things about the resort including the renovated rooms and flat screen tv's.

It really is a beautiful resort! :)

Nini, I don' tthink you can go wrong with whatever you decide. All of the buildings have parking near them (see below photo of CSR parking). In our seven stays at CSR, we have never had an issue with noise. You could ask for Casitas 3 or 4 with a parking lot view (although I've never actually known anyone to ask for parking lot) so that you are on the "back" side of the resort near the parking lot or just ask for Casitas 3 or 4...neither of them are a far walk from parking.

ParkinglotviewofCSR.jpg

Jasmin1, DH and I are having the same dilemma. We've always stayed in the Casitas (seven times) but are seriously thinking of asking for Cabanas or Ranchos this trip. We've never found the pool crowded, but we go in September and most kids are back at school. Personally, I think we're going to be bold and ask for the Cabanas next trip. :)

That picture of CSR is great. I really puts into perspective how large the resort really is more than any ohters I have seen. It does look beautiful!

Thanks for posting it!

Okay, so after going back and fourth on which section to choose (Casitas or Cabanas) I decided to just put on my room res. req. Casitas 4 or Cabanas 9A and what ever they choose I will just assume will be meant to be. I'm not planning on faxing in my req. either. Just leaving it as is. It will still leave the excitement of not knowing. I know they are just req., but maybe I will be more likely to get one or the other. I'm so excited!! 4 months to go!

We stayed in Casitas 4 and LOVED it!! We had a pool view, it was close to the buses, and the morning walk to the main building was so beautiful going on the path between the buildings, or DH preferred the walk along the water. GREAT CHOICE!

We just got back this evening from our first stay at CSR and the entire family absolutely loved it. We requested Cabanas 8A or 8B and we got 8B and couldn't be happier. We were on the second floor and in a corner room. We liked having the extra window. When we went down the stairs the quiet pool was right there. Perfect for an evening swim. We usually took an afternoon break from the park and swam at the Dig Site but for a quick dip it was great to be so close to the quiet pool. It was just a quick walk to the Dig Site or to El Centro. Every night we walked over to ElCentro to fill our Pepper Market mug with a drink and the walk was so peaceful and beautiful. It was about an equal distance to either one and we thought our room was in a perfect location. I also liked the fact that the laundry facilities were right near the pool too because I like to toss in a load of socks and swim suits etc. It was so easy to do that since we could just run up the steps to the room or lounge at the pool until it was finished. We found that it was easy to grab a drink or amuffin at the Rix Cafe for a quick snack. We ate at the Pepper Market for breakfast this morning and we all liked it. There are a lot of menu items to choose from and is a good choice for a counter service meal.

We enjoyed everything about CSR and found everyone to be friendly and helpful. Mousekeeping was great. Each day when we returned we found a little suprise. A towel animal or our window would be decorated with one of the kids stuffed animals and a "Celebration" pin. We all enjoyed that!!

I will add some pictures whenever I get a chance and will be glad to answer any questions if I can. Thanks for all of the great advise before we left. Everything was very accurate and helpful. The only bad thing was that it went so quickly and we are home already.

How wonderful that your family enjoyed CSR so much!!

I do have a question about the corner room in Cabana's - in photos it looks like there is sort of green shutter on the corner of the Cabana's bldgs..did you find that made the room rather dark? I ask b/c I have some eye issues and need a room with lots of light. Special needs usually block a corner room for us, but I was not sure about the corner rooms in the Cabana's. Thanks much! :)

How were the buses this time of yr and were the parks or resort crowded?

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay! Sounds like it was perfect! :)

Thanks for your review. It sounds like you had a nice time and enjoyed the CSR.

We'll be leaving in 5 weeks, bringing our DSs to Disney for the first time. :banana: I've requested a room in the Cabanas section. Did you fax a request too?

We just got back this evening from our first stay at CSR and the entire family absolutely loved it. We requested Cabanas 8A or 8B and we got 8B and couldn't be happier. We were on the second floor and in a corner room. We liked having the extra window. When we went down the stairs the quiet pool was right there. Perfect for an evening swim. We usually took an afternoon break from the park and swam at the Dig Site but for a quick dip it was great to be so close to the quiet pool. It was just a quick walk to the Dig Site or to El Centro. Every night we walked over to ElCentro to fill our Pepper Market mug with a drink and the walk was so peaceful and beautiful. It was about an equal distance to either one and we thought our room was in a perfect location. I also liked the fact that the laundry facilities were right near the pool too because I like to toss in a load of socks and swim suits etc. It was so easy to do that since we could just run up the steps to the room or lounge at the pool until it was finished. We found that it was easy to grab a drink or amuffin at the Rix Cafe for a quick snack. We ate at the Pepper Market for breakfast this morning and we all liked it. There are a lot of menu items to choose from and is a good choice for a counter service meal.

We enjoyed everything about CSR and found everyone to be friendly and helpful. Mousekeeping was great. Each day when we returned we found a little suprise. A towel animal or our window would be decorated with one of the kids stuffed animals and a "Celebration" pin. We all enjoyed that!!

I will add some pictures whenever I get a chance and will be glad to answer any questions if I can. Thanks for all of the great advise before we left. Everything was very accurate and helpful. The only bad thing was that it went so quickly and we are home already.

Welcome back! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you loved CSR. It always makes me happy to hear a good report and that people enjoyed their stay. Did you see "Glen", our alligator friend in the lake while you there. I certainly hope you will share pictures when you get caught up. Thanks again for your review.

Welcome back! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you loved CSR. It always makes me happy to hear a good report and that people enjoyed their stay. Did you see "Glen", our alligator friend in the lake while you there. I certainly hope you will share pictures when you get caught up. Thanks again for your review.

We actually looked for Glen a few times and didn't see him. My son was a little disappointed but was happy enough to see the little gecko's running around!!

How wonderful that your family enjoyed CSR so much!!

I do have a question about the corner room in Cabana's - in photos it looks like there is sort of green shutter on the corner of the Cabana's bldgs..did you find that made the room rather dark? I ask b/c I have some eye issues and need a room with lots of light. Special needs usually block a corner room for us, but I was not sure about the corner rooms in the Cabana's. Thanks much! :)

How were the buses this time of yr and were the parks or resort crowded?

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay! Sounds like it was perfect! :)

The corner room was great. It provided plenty of light. I think probably more than a regular room. There are sheer curtains and drapes which you can open or close one or both and make it as light or dark as you wish. I really enjoyed the corner room. It was very quiet and the steps were just around the corner.
The resort didn't seem crowded at all. We saw people at the pool but it wasn't too crowded either. We seemed to see more people toward the end of the week...Friday and Saturday. No big groups.

The bus stop was very close. We were near bus stop 4. We never waited long at all for a bus. I don't know if we were just lucky or if that is the norm.

The parks were rather crowded, but we got to do absolutely everything we wanted to do. The average wait was 10 minutes. We did about 8 to 10 rides that were absolute walk-ons. The longest wait was test-track and we shouldv'e had a fast pass, but couldn't because we had one for something else at the time. We did Soarin twice (absolutely fabuous) by using the fastpass. We rode practically everything, saw Fantasmic, Illuminations, Spectromagic and Wishes. We didn't do any of the afternoon parades...usually returned to the resort to refuel and rest around 2 or 3.

So if you plan and are flexible the crowds won't be a problem. I do have to say that I didn't find UG's predictions to be accurate but I have to add that this is only my opinion. We went to the most recommended parks and found them to be extremely crowded and the parks to avoid to be not crowded at all !!

Hope my answers help and feel free to ask anything else you want to know !!

Oh, it really sounds like a perfect vacation!! We've also found UG to be off the mark with crowds/parks at times, so we just play it by ear.

Thank you for letting me know about the Cabana corner room. :) As I shared, Special Needs always blocks a corner room for us, but I was unsure about Cabana's - now we will not hesitate to try that location. :thumbsup2

I'm soooo happy you had such a great trip and stay at CSR!!! :goodvibes

I can't find the page with the listing of pictures from all the sections of the resort....I have looked through all the pics trying to choose, but I want to show my dd, and now I can't remember where they are! Thanks!

Nevermind...I found the link to Buzz's site...I saved it under my favorites, go figure!

Here is the link in case anyone else needs it.

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

Can someone tell me about the renovation schedule for Casita 1 and 3? We'll be there in September and might like this location for convenience to foodpopcorn::!

Casitas 4 is finished.

Casitas 5 should be next.

Please keep in mind that Mickey does pop in and out to check on the boards so I do have to be careful as to what I say. Therefore, I can't get you exact dates as to when certain buildings will be down for refurb.

Thanks to all of you for posting such great advice and information! We are planning a trip for end of October. We'd like to request a double queen room in Cabanas 8B, upper floor, corner room, view of the lake. I know that's a lot for one request! does anyone happen to know the room numbers that fit this description. Thank you again for all your help!:wizard:

Please keep requests down to around 2 things. With that many requests, you may not get any of what you would like. Pick what is most important (ie second floor).
Also don't request room numbers, I can prety much guarantee that you won't get those rooms and wouldn't want you to be disappointed when you don't get them.

Hi, we returned from an 8 night stay at CSR last night. We really enjoyed the resort.
We requested Cabanas 8A or any Cabana section. We got a ground floor room in 8A facing Ranchos. It was a perfect location for us. It was very close to the Dig site which was most important for us as we used the pool with our 2 kids almost every day. It was also close to the bus stop and just a short, beautiful walk to the main building. We liked the new room décor and I loved having the doors to close off the bathroom area. Having queen beds is a must for us and they were very comfy. I do think they will have issues with the up-keep of the dark furniture though, as ours was already showing scratches and the paint on the bathroom vanity was scraped and showing the old green paint underneath. The one thing I did miss was having a balcony so we could open the curtains. I should also remind people that the window sheers are just that….sheer. We were walking back to the room one night and saw more of one woman with the lights on and just the sheers pulled than we should have!!
We loved the Dig Site pool. Our last 3 stays have been one at the Poly and 2 at the Wilderness Lodge and those pools are not big enough for the resort. At the Dig Site we were always able to find chairs in the afternoon and there was plenty of room in the pool. My kids LOVED the slide. We also liked being able to refill our mugs at the pool and get food there as well.
We used both the busses and a car to get to the parks. Bus service was fine. No better or worse than any place else we have stayed. No complaints.
We were not fans of the Pepper Market. We ate there twice and it is just too hard to have everyone’s food ready at the same time. We did like getting the food to go and sitting outside but wish they would have paper plates to use so you didn’t need to eat out of the Styrofoam containers. We were not on the dining plan and found it to be very expensive. My daughter and I got breakfast from Rix one morning and ate by the lake and it was very relaxing.

The grounds are beautiful. We found the resort peaceful and had no issues with noise. We saw lots of fish and turtles in the lake but could not find the alligator. I also treated myself to a massage one day and it was wonderful!

I would love to stay here again and would definitely recommend it to others. Wish we were still there!!

Hi, we returned from an 8 night stay at CSR last night. We really enjoyed the resort.
We requested Cabanas 8A or any Cabana section. We got a ground floor room in 8A facing Ranchos. It was a perfect location for us. It was very close to the Dig site which was most important for us as we used the pool with our 2 kids almost every day. It was also close to the bus stop and just a short, beautiful walk to the main building. We liked the new room décor and I loved having the doors to close off the bathroom area. Having queen beds is a must for us and they were very comfy. I do think they will have issues with the up-keep of the dark furniture though, as ours was already showing scratches and the paint on the bathroom vanity was scraped and showing the old green paint underneath. The one thing I did miss was having a balcony so we could open the curtains. I should also remind people that the window sheers are just that….sheer. We were walking back to the room one night and saw more of one woman with the lights on and just the sheers pulled than we should have!!
We loved the Dig Site pool. Our last 3 stays have been one at the Poly and 2 at the Wilderness Lodge and those pools are not big enough for the resort. At the Dig Site we were always able to find chairs in the afternoon and there was plenty of room in the pool. My kids LOVED the slide. We also liked being able to refill our mugs at the pool and get food there as well.
We used both the busses and a car to get to the parks. Bus service was fine. No better or worse than any place else we have stayed. No complaints.
We were not fans of the Pepper Market. We ate there twice and it is just too hard to have everyone’s food ready at the same time. We did like getting the food to go and sitting outside but wish they would have paper plates to use so you didn’t need to eat out of the Styrofoam containers. We were not on the dining plan and found it to be very expensive. My daughter and I got breakfast from Rix one morning and ate by the lake and it was very relaxing.

The grounds are beautiful. We found the resort peaceful and had no issues with noise. We saw lots of fish and turtles in the lake but could not find the alligator. I also treated myself to a massage one day and it was wonderful!

I would love to stay here again and would definitely recommend it to others. Wish we were still there!!

WELCOME BACK (although I know you'd rather still be there). I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at CSR (sorry you didn't see "Glen, our alligator friend"). With more and more complaints about Pepper Market lately, I wonder if they will, in fact, change it to a buffet?

Anyway, glad you enjoyed your stay and that the kids loved the pool and slide! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter