BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see milk in there...does anyone know if Panchitos sells half and half?

I know.. a bizarre question, but I need to know for TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!

Yes, they do have half & half available for sale at the resort.
Have a wonderful trip!:goodvibes

Can someone tell me about the renovation schedule for Casita 1 and 3? We'll be there in September and might like this location for convenience to foodpopcorn::! We were there in November and were in Cabana 9A. It was beautiful! I was just thinking about trying another location. We would like to have a "renovated" room so I was wondering about my location request. Thanks to all!:yay:

Can someone tell me about the renovation schedule for Casita 1 and 3? We'll be there in September and might like this location for convenience to foodpopcorn::! We were there in November and were in Cabana 9A. It was beautiful! I was just thinking about trying another location. We would like to have a "renovated" room so I was wondering about my location request. Thanks to all!:yay:

Unfortunately, they don't have a "set" schedule. I can tell you that JamesLynn, our CSR CM, does keep me and the rest of the CSR followers up to date when she gets info. We know that Casitas 4 should be (or is) done this week. They are scheduled to start on Casitas 5 next, but that won't happen until the convention that is coming is has departed. Once Casitas 5 is done, they will have the rest of Casitas 1, 2 and 3 and Ranchos 7A and 7B to do. Each building takes approximately a month. We always stay in Casitas 4 or 5--nice location. I would suggest you just keep checking here as we update you as soon as we know something. If they continue with all of the Casitas and then go back to the Ranchos, I would guess they'll be done by September.

I saw this asked on another thread about BC and I thought I would inquire here. Can children wear life jackets on the slide?

I'm wondering this too. I have a 4 1/2 year old dare devil who would love to use the slide but I don't think I'd let him without a life jacket. Anyone have any experience with younger kids and the slide?

Thanks to all of you for posting such great advice and information! We are planning a trip for end of October. We'd like to request a double queen room in Cabanas 8B, upper floor, corner room, view of the lake. I know that's a lot for one request! does anyone happen to know the room numbers that fit this description. Thank you again for all your help!:wizard:

I'm wondering this too. I have a 4 1/2 year old dare devil who would love to use the slide but I don't think I'd let him without a life jacket. Anyone have any experience with younger kids and the slide?

Ditto! I have a 4 yr old and she would love it but without a life jacket I don't think I could let her!

Unfortunately, they don't have a "set" schedule. I can tell you that JamesLynn, our CSR CM, does keep me and the rest of the CSR followers up to date when she gets info. We know that Casitas 4 should be (or is) done this week. They are scheduled to start on Casitas 5 next, but that won't happen until the convention that is coming is has departed. Once Casitas 5 is done, they will have the rest of Casitas 1, 2 and 3 and Ranchos 7A and 7B to do. Each building takes approximately a month. We always stay in Casitas 4 or 5--nice location. I would suggest you just keep checking here as we update you as soon as we know something. If they continue with all of the Casitas and then go back to the Ranchos, I would guess they'll be done by September.

Kathy, Thanks for the info. I knew you would reply to me!
Of course I will keep checking - for the next 5 months!!! I can't wait to go back to WDW:love:

Ditto! I have a 4 yr old and she would love it but without a life jacket I don't think I could let her!

I don't know about CSR specifically but, when we took my DD @ 2 1/2 we stayed at POR and she rode the slide with a life jacket. The CMs were great and let you wait near the bottom for her.

When she went at 4 1/2, she knew how to swim but we made her wear her chest thingy and the CMs at CBR were fine with that. This will be the first time she will slide without a vest. She is 8 now. The pool slides are great, we never have enough time to go to the waterparks so this works out well for us.

:banana:

I don't know about CSR specifically but, when we took my DD @ 2 1/2 we stayed at POR and she rode the slide with a life jacket. The CMs were great and let you wait near the bottom for her.

When she went at 4 1/2, she knew how to swim but we made her wear her chest thingy and the CMs at CBR were fine with that. This will be the first time she will slide without a vest. She is 8 now. The pool slides are great, we never have enough time to go to the waterparks so this works out well for us.

:banana:

when our DD was 6, she rode the slide at WL with a life jacket. They also let my DH wait at the bottom to catch her. She knew how to swim but she'd never been on a slide and I was afraid she'd freak out coming off that slide and into the pool. Of course, our DS was fearless and he didn't need a life jacket. But I was sure thankful she was able to use one.

OK...I've read all the answers about which part is better for families, which part is better for conventioners, etc.

The more I read it the more confused I get! I'm not normally that dense, but I am trying to make this vacation as perfect as I can, since I know we won't be back for a couple of years...

We will have our car and will be driving to the parks, so transportation is not an issue...however, we do need to be close to the parking lots for mobility issues. We have a handicapped child that has issues with noises, so we need a relativly quiet area at night. Close proximity to food court, pools, playground, etc is not an issue. Although maybe being close to the playground would not be so bad. We need 2 queen beds, but I understand they are all queen now (except for the king of course!).

Other than a ground floor, no other things come to mind. I actually cannot decide between the Cabanas, Ranchos, or Casitas...I love the look of them all. They all have something great to offer.

Now, knowing all that, can someone suggest a few areas that we might like? (don't worry, I won't hold anyone responsible for a bad choice!!) I really can't believe I am having this much trouble on this! When we stayed at CBR last January it was relativly easy to make a decision...

Thanks!

Nini

Last Aug. we stayed in casitas building 4 and we really liked it, but I can't decide if I want to request that again or try something new and go with the cabana section. My kid's don't care that much about being by the main pool because they thought it was crowded a lot (we only went 2x). They actually just wanted to stay at the casitas pool. We do eat at the PM & maya grill sometimes, but thought the Casitas 4 wasn't that far away. Does anyone have any suggestions??? It's driving me crazy!!!

Other than a ground floor, no other things come to mind. I actually cannot decide between the Cabanas, Ranchos, or Casitas...I love the look of them all. They all have something great to offer.

Maybe you don't need to make a request at all. Just be surprised with what they give you when you get there. If it's really not what you want, you can ask to change.

I've been trying to figure out where our ideal spot would be and keep reading this thread and looking at pictures for weeks now. I feel like I need to pick the perfect spot because I'm not sure we can afford to stay here again (we're a family of 5... our "baby" turns 3 a week after the trip... so future trips will probably be two rooms at a value or POR). But honestly I can't decide. And then I worry if I request one area and then we get there and really like another. :headache:

OK...I've read all the answers about which part is better for families, which part is better for conventioners, etc.

The more I read it the more confused I get! I'm not normally that dense, but I am trying to make this vacation as perfect as I can, since I know we won't be back for a couple of years...

We will have our car and will be driving to the parks, so transportation is not an issue...however, we do need to be close to the parking lots for mobility issues. We have a handicapped child that has issues with noises, so we need a relativly quiet area at night. Close proximity to food court, pools, playground, etc is not an issue. Although maybe being close to the playground would not be so bad. We need 2 queen beds, but I understand they are all queen now (except for the king of course!).

Now, knowing all that, can someone suggest a few areas that we might like? (don't worry, I won't hold anyone responsible for a bad choice!!) I really can't believe I am having this much trouble on this! When we stayed at CBR last January it was relativly easy to make a decision...

Thanks!

Nini

Nini, I don' tthink you can go wrong with whatever you decide. All of the buildings have parking near them (see below photo of CSR parking). In our seven stays at CSR, we have never had an issue with noise. You could ask for Casitas 3 or 4 with a parking lot view (although I've never actually known anyone to ask for parking lot) so that you are on the "back" side of the resort near the parking lot or just ask for Casitas 3 or 4...neither of them are a far walk from parking.

ParkinglotviewofCSR.jpg

Last Aug. we stayed in casitas building 4 and we really liked it, but I can't decide if I want to request that again or try something new and go with the cabana section. My kid's don't care that much about being by the main pool because they thought it was crowded a lot (we only went 2x). They actually just wanted to stay at the casitas pool. We do eat at the PM & maya grill sometimes, but thought the Casitas 4 wasn't that far away. Does anyone have any suggestions??? It's driving me crazy!!!

Jasmin1, DH and I are having the same dilemma. We've always stayed in the Casitas (seven times) but are seriously thinking of asking for Cabanas or Ranchos this trip. We've never found the pool crowded, but we go in September and most kids are back at school. Personally, I think we're going to be bold and ask for the Cabanas next trip. :)

Wow...seven times in Casitas. That's a lot. I think if I had stayed that many times I would go with being bold also, but it's a hard decision huh? I'm taking my parents with us and my husband is going this time (last Aug. he couldn't) and they have never been to WDW before so it's going to be a special trip.
Has anyone here stayed at both spots??? I would love to here your opinion on them. Sorry if it has already been mentioned somewhere in the many pages on this post.

:woohoo: Paid off trip last night. Only 6 weeks and 2 days to go. Added a request to my ressie for either Cabana's or a top floor in Casitas. Going to fax a request closer to trip. Still having trouble deciding which one I would like best. I'm torn between those two. I think we would rather be closer to the main pool, maybe even a quiet pool and near a bus stop than El Centro.

We're going next week so I guess I should fax my request in Monday. Can't decide on casitas or cabanas. Hmmmm. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter