Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

I do not believe OKW will be able to have the Murphy beds in the 1 & 2BR's either. They'd have to block a window to do so.
Same with Vero.

Also Aulani was refurbished last year and the pull-downs were deliberately not installed. That's another resort with a rather unique layout that poses issues.

Just stayed in a refurbished studio here for two nights and I really loved it! We never stayed before so I have no comparison, but I've stayed in several actual lodges and one railroad hotel and it seemed to hit the right notes. One thing to note is that the walls are sort of stuccoed, rather than drywall, so they don't look as modern and plain as they might in the photos. It does sell the idea of an updated actual lodge. The art in the room was my favorite part, with the faux-National parks posters, and the artwork on the murphy beds and a lovely watercolor by the bathroom. The pull down was magical for my 5-year-old, the coffee table/table was sufficient and the bed was comfy. Downside is the studio bathroom is tiny- the shower is almost an afterthought behind the toilet. And there is no full length mirror AND no makeup mirror. Also, I didn't see it before to compare, but it's definitely not Pacific Northwest, there are just too many Southwest style elements, like the throw carpet and the tapestry behind the bed. (Having an issue with my photos, but will update with some later.)
Can you tell me more about the table in the studio? Is it big enough to use as a temporary work desk with a laptop?

My wife and I are bringing our boys (will be 4 and 18 months at the time we travel in November!) to DW for the first time and booked the first five nights of our stay in a one bedroom and seeing that room tour above made us so happy with our decision! Can't wait to see the new rooms in person. They look wonderful!

Still no 2 bedrooms stills or videos that I can find that are recent. I did see for the first time ten decent studio pictures on Facebook post from 02/19 if you search for Boulder Ridge studio. Pretty sure I can’t link it here because of its business.

Last edited:

That's one of the rooms they could not install the Murphy bed due to the slope of the wall/ceiling. At least it's a new pullout!
I really enjoy the curvatures in the ceiling for some reason! It just makes the space so much more cozy in my opinion, do you guys agree? Besides the no murphy bed situation, is there any other downside requesting a room like this? How is the balcony?

Any thoughts of chances getting a refurbished 2 bedroom first week of May? Thanks!

I think they are only using refurbished rooms at this point. We have a 2 bedroom reserved for early May and I am expecting to be in refurbished rooms by then.

I really enjoy the curvatures in the ceiling for some reason! It just makes the space so much more cozy in my opinion, do you guys agree? Besides the no murphy bed situation, is there any other downside requesting a room like this? How is the balcony?
I've had a room with this ceiling. The balconies were solid/enclosed. I don't know if all with the slanted ceiling are that way though. Personally I liked the room. The balcony was "ok". It wasn't a trip we spent much time on it.

We are scheduled for a trip July in a Studio. So we are really excited to see what a studio looks like! It's DW, 2 DDs, and myself, so I'd like to see what the beds are like.

I am shocked that some of the 1 & 2-bedrooms still have pull-out couches. The Murphy beds are a huge selling point for us when choosing where to stay. I don’t like that you couldn’t be guaranteed that when booking at BRV. So disappointing!!

Other than that, the rooms look really nice & are a great improvement from there previous state 😄
Totally agree. We have an adult that will be sleeping there in June so we really were hoping for a Murphy bed. I personally think they will get many complaints. For someone not needing it as a sleeping surface it’s no big deal so I sort of wish it was a bookable category.
The 5th floor rooms should have the extended balcony (it connects from the bedroom to living room as opposed to 2 separate). I think the 4th floor which is the top floor on the wing closest to the lodge is different.

Is it just the 5th floor rooms near the rotunda with the pull out couches? The 5th floor in the long wing has a regular roof line doesn't it? I am checking in early in the morning and want to make sure we get a Murphy, as my son will be using it.

Is it just the 5th floor rooms near the rotunda with the pull out couches? The 5th floor in the long wing has a regular roof line doesn't it? I am checking in early in the morning and want to make sure we get a Murphy, as my son will be using it.
When are you going? If not this week, I'd chat/email/call MS and request "Murphy bed in living room."

Hi. We are going to be staying at BRV for the first time this fall. Normally stay at Copper. Is the check in for BRV at the main lodge front desk or do you check in at BRV? Thanks.

Hi. We are going to be staying at BRV for the first time this fall. Normally stay at Copper. Is the check in for BRV at the main lodge front desk or do you check in at BRV? Thanks.
Every now and then a desk has popped up at BRV but in general that's been very rare. Check in at the main building.

We are going April 19th, 6 nights in a 1BR so yes I will add it to my requests. We also have arrival night 18th at Pop, so will be there early on the 19th to check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter