Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

I did the math. That’s 118 rooms a month, so they’ll be completely done by mid October? Impressive
Well, let’s look at it from a different perspective. There’s little chance DVC would start a project knowing it would either impact a major resort at the holidays or require construction to completely shut down for several months then start back up. Both scenarios would bleed money.

Well, let’s look at it from a different perspective. There’s little chance DVC would start a project knowing it would either impact a major resort at the holidays or require construction to completely shut down for several months then start back up. Both scenarios would bleed money.
That makes sense. So theoretically it’s in their interests to have it completed before Halloween, Thanksgiving crowds etc - fingers crossed it goes well and they do complete quickly

except for last year at the christmas holidays they proved this otherwise because they were refurbing VGF and I'm talking the original building not the resort studios.

I am hoping this means we get a renovated room in December!

I literally received a reply from DVC Member Satisfaction on 8/7 telling me they still had no idea when BRV Refurb would begin, so it just feels part of the frustrating story of this refurb that just over a week later they begin the refurb with no communication.

If I go to book a room for later this month for BRV online, there's also no notice there that there is any refurb going on and for members to be aware of construction.

I am hope they do it right this time.

I am hoping this means we get a renovated room in December!

I literally received a reply from DVC Member Satisfaction on 8/7 telling me they still had no idea when BRV Refurb would begin, so it just feels part of the frustrating story of this refurb that just over a week later they begin the refurb with no communication.

If I go to book a room for later this month for BRV online, there's also no notice there that there is any refurb going on and for members to be aware of construction.

I am hope they do it right this time.
Hope you get that refurbed room in December too!

But I agree with what you said - it seems weird to me that the entire resort is actively being refurbed (apparently in rooms right next to current occupants!!), and they aren’t giving people with current reservations any heads up this will be occurring during their stay? I had a GF reservation in December, and when I booked, it was very prominently displayed that there was work being performed there, and upon booking, I got an email confirming the work being done, and this is for a resevation in December. However, they haven’t and they aren’t giving people checking into Boulder Ridge tomorrow or next week or next month any indication their resort is actively being refurbed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter