• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

Thanks for these! I had missed them as I was searching for Boulder Ridge and not BRV. Still haven't seen a video of a studio, but appreciate the pics!

I will miss the funky backsplash and shower tile, among a few other things. But as one of the naysayers, I have to say I am pleasantly surprised with the redo. Don't LOVE it, but it's still nice, distinctive and retains some of the lodge character. Certainly an improvement from the recent iteration (which I stayed in last March).

i just saw a video of a 2 bdrm refurb on the DVC FB page which did not look as if the sofa is a Murphy bed. It looked like one of the rooms (not sure which floor it is) at BRV that has the sloped ceilings. I’m thinking maybe with the slope of ceiling the Murphy beds wouldn’t fit? Anyone have any info on this?

i just saw a video of a 2 bdrm refurb on the DVC FB page which did not look as if the sofa is a Murphy bed. It looked like one of the rooms (not sure which floor it is) at BRV that has the sloped ceilings. I’m thinking maybe with the slope of ceiling the Murphy beds wouldn’t fit? Anyone have any info on this?
Link? I looked and couldn't find it.

Yes. In those rooms they appear to have had to keep the sleeper sofa.

If I book a room for August of this year will all the rooms be renovated by then?
Seems they may be more or less done shortly. I'd say August is a firm bet. Otherwise if not, email them asking for a renovated room as a request.

If I book a room for August of this year will all the rooms be renovated by then?
It's been posted in other threads that the only rooms currently available are refurbished rooms. The others have been taken out of service and are being refurbished.

So, the answer should be yes.

Just stayed in a refurbished studio here for two nights and I really loved it! We never stayed before so I have no comparison, but I've stayed in several actual lodges and one railroad hotel and it seemed to hit the right notes. One thing to note is that the walls are sort of stuccoed, rather than drywall, so they don't look as modern and plain as they might in the photos. It does sell the idea of an updated actual lodge. The art in the room was my favorite part, with the faux-National parks posters, and the artwork on the murphy beds and a lovely watercolor by the bathroom. The pull down was magical for my 5-year-old, the coffee table/table was sufficient and the bed was comfy. Downside is the studio bathroom is tiny- the shower is almost an afterthought behind the toilet. And there is no full length mirror AND no makeup mirror. Also, I didn't see it before to compare, but it's definitely not Pacific Northwest, there are just too many Southwest style elements, like the throw carpet and the tapestry behind the bed. (Having an issue with my photos, but will update with some later.)

Also, I didn't see it before to compare, but it's definitely not Pacific Northwest, there are just too many Southwest style elements, like the throw carpet and the tapestry behind the bed. (Having an issue with my photos, but will update with some later.)
I think the 80 foot tall Grand Canyon-inspired fireplace in the lobby sort of extends the theming to the whole of the West, from Canada to Mexico.

Super excited to be there next month for our first -post refurb trip.

Last edited:
I think the 80 foot tall Grand Canyon-inspired fireplace in the lobby sort of extends the theming to the whole of the west, from Canada to Mexico.

Super excited to be there next month for our first -post refurb trip.
I agree! It felt very much like a mish-mash. Whispering Creek is some loose interpretation of the West from a 50's cowboys TV show, definitely my least favorite theming in the resort. I was Ok with the inconsistencies, such as they are, just noting it as some people had been debating it on this thread. The fact that the national parks posters in the room were from different-type parks, which would be miles apart, sort of owns that idea.

I agree! It felt very much like a mish-mash. Whispering Creek is some loose interpretation of the West from a 50's cowboys TV show, definitely my least favorite theming in the resort. I was Ok with the inconsistencies, such as they are, just noting it as some people had been debating it on this thread. The fact that the national parks posters in the room were from different-type parks, which would be miles apart, sort of owns that idea.
We’re not hung up on the minutia of the theming either. We just love the total feel of the resort.

We’re not hung up on the minutia of the theming either. We just love the total feel of the resort.
Agree! I didn't expect to like it so much because it's closer to my home life. I love actual forest lodges, but I do stay in them. I thought I'd want more palm trees and tropical being in Florida, as it's more unusual for me. But I LOVED it. Grand Floridian, which I stayed at next, felt meh to me in comparison- Like it was trying to be something but not quite reaching it (although construction and some issues with our booking may have played a big part in that). But it's also just not my style, whereas Wilderness Lodge is. I just adored all the carved animals in both the Boulder Ridge and main lobbies.

What a wonderful discussion on this thread! We are going the last week of March - does anyone have a sense of whether construction will be done by then (3/26)? We’d love to avoid construction noise. (I recognize noise is necessary for refurbishment, just trying to envision what it’ll be like during the day and whether our kiddos will be able to nap in the room etc.)

What a wonderful discussion on this thread! We are going the last week of March - does anyone have a sense of whether construction will be done by then (3/26)? We’d love to avoid construction noise. (I recognize noise is necessary for refurbishment, just trying to envision what it’ll be like during the day and whether our kiddos will be able to nap in the room etc.)
We stayed for two nights in Boulder ridge just over a week ago and even though an entire wing of our building was being refurbished while we were there, we experienced 0 construction noise, just a fire alarm one morning when we were leaving anyway. The resort felt peaceful the entire time. Grand Floridian, on the other hand, was nearly intolerable at times. I live in NYC and I seriously couldn't handle the level of noise at the Quick service location one morning. It basically colored our entire stay there in a negative way, especially considering how high the prices continue to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter