• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

Any idea when they’re planning to have the renovations done? Looking to maybe book a 1BR in May but would need the Murphy to make it work…

I’ve been following this thread and thought I would report about what I’ve observed. We have been at Boulder Ridge since last Thursday - leaving in the morning. 😢 When we returned from the parks about two days ago we were greeted with black construction curtains and plastic covered carpet as the elevator opened. We‘re in room 2550. Only one hallway on the second floor is occupied and it looks to be the same on floors 3 and 4. The rest are blocked and covered. We have heard some construction noise but only when on the way to the elevators. Observed a sink and a toilet on the way outside. A sign downstairs says that we should use the Copper Creek laundry room and another on our floor says to go to the 5th floor for ice and vending. I think refurbishment is in full swing!

We rented points for the first time for this stay and loved it. We have stayed at the lodge before, but not DVC.

Attachments

• 7564813D-23A2-491A-A55E-61CA6D2CD884.jpeg
    7564813D-23A2-491A-A55E-61CA6D2CD884.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 3C423952-22D3-4EC4-89ED-9027BE1A8038.jpeg
    3C423952-22D3-4EC4-89ED-9027BE1A8038.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 151

I’ve been following this thread and thought I would report about what I’ve observed. We have been at Boulder Ridge since last Thursday - leaving in the morning. 😢 When we returned from the parks about two days ago we were greeted with black construction curtains and plastic covered carpet as the elevator opened. We‘re in room 2550. Only one hallway on the second floor is occupied and it looks to be the same on floors 3 and 4. The rest are blocked and covered. We have heard some construction noise but only when on the way to the elevators. Observed a sink and a toilet on the way outside. A sign downstairs says that we should use the Copper Creek laundry room and another on our floor says to go to the 5th floor for ice and vending. I think refurbishment is in full swing!

We rented points for the first time for this stay and loved it. We have stayed at the lodge before, but not DVC.
Yay. I was beginning to think they were only doing sample rooms right now. I'm glad to hear they may be started on a larger number of rooms.

Thanks for the update. I’m hopeful we will get a renovated room for our January trip. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

SSR didn’t have the twin pulldown in a studio.

No, I don't think I said it did. The table in the studios at BR was integrated into the pull down bed. In the refurb pictures, it isn't like that anymore. My only point about SSR was they they also lost their table and chairs during the most recent refurb.

We just returned from a week’s stay at Boulder Ridge. We were on the fourth floor. From what we could tell they were renovating the entire wing, top to bottom (we saw that from the outside of the villas coming home late on Thursday after MNSSHP). The only construction noise we heard was near the elevator and only during the day.

We just returned from a week’s stay at Boulder Ridge. We were on the fourth floor. From what we could tell they were renovating the entire wing, top to bottom (we saw that from the outside of the villas coming home late on Thursday after MNSSHP). The only construction noise we heard was near the elevator and only during the day.
Top to Bottom? Are you meaning the entire 4th floor or 1st to 5th floor in a particular section?

From the pictures, it looks great. They look to be keeping a lot of the charm/whimsy, at least, which is nice since in some of the refurbs they have gone a little too bland.

I’m arriving 12/11…. I’m praying for a new room.
Should I call and make this my 1st request??
I always say high floor

From what I can see through availability on the website, I have a feeling DVC plans to have the refurb complete by March of next year because rooms suddenly become available for Studios, 1 Bedrooms and 2 Bedrooms at the start of March (pictures attached)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-24 210247.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-24 210247.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot 2022-10-24 210218.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-24 210218.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2022-10-24 210154.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-24 210154.png
    102 KB · Views: 42
We will be at WDW in two days. My DH and I love hanging out in the Carolwood Room by the fireplace. It is the most relaxing place at WDW we have ever found. Our plans were to make our way over to WL a couple of times during the trip to just chill. Now I'm wondering if we will be able to relax if there is construction noise going on.

We arrive 11/28. I wonder when a few new rooms will be ready. In any case, my April trip will probably be in a refurb room!

So then everything should be done by summer? Was thinking of trying for June, but only if it’s a refurb room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter