Boulder Ridge Referb

Any speculation as to how many guests you will be able to sleep in these newly refurbished rooms, particularly in a Deluxe Studio? In the old BRV Deluxe Studio rooms, you could fit two adults in the queen bed, two children in the pull-out sofa bed, and one child in the twin-sized murphy bed (five all together). Wondering if the refurbished Studio rooms will only comfortably sleep four (two in the queen and two in the murphy).

Any speculation as to how many guests you will be able to sleep in these newly refurbished rooms, particularly in a Deluxe Studio? In the old BRV Deluxe Studio rooms, you could fit two adults in the queen bed, two children in the pull-out sofa bed, and one child in the twin-sized murphy bed (five all together). Wondering if the refurbished Studio rooms will only comfortably sleep four (two in the queen and two in the murphy).
I can't see them going backward.

One of the above posts has a pic from D23 of the model and it does appear the wall behind the sofa will be a Murphy bed….not sure but I believe the SSR version has a sofa with a chaise…almost like a smaller sectional type sofa…this model does not appear to have that.
The studios at SSR don't have the chaise, but the larger rooms do. It'll probably be the same here (the D23 pic looks like a studio without a chaise, the older leaked photo looks like a 1 or 2 br with a chaise).

I attempted to do some color adjustments kind of just quickly. It's not perfect, but I think it might be a bit better. ETA: Also note, it appears there is a pattern on the wall behind the bed.View attachment 702024
I mean, what were they doing when taking this photo? A pro photographer would not have taken the photo with the headboard lights on. The blinds should be open to let real light in or they should have lit the room from behind the camera.

I mean, what were they doing when taking this photo? A pro photographer would not have taken the photo with the headboard lights on. The blinds should be open to let real light in or they should have lit the room from behind the camera.
Keep in mind it's a phone camera photo of a big screen projection of an original photo that's been imported into a presentation app, then probably converted to an avi file with who knows how much compression at each step of the way. The original image may have been very warm and diffused, even with the headboard lights on, but someone decided it needed to pop, especially when they needed to project it in the presentation hall.

Last edited:
I think it looks really cozy. I can imagine enjoying a cup of coffee on a cold rainy day in January there. Also glad they kept BR more rustic. I love the more modern look of CC too, but it's nice to have choices.

I'm one to give them the benefit of the doubt on the headboard thing, I really don't think an ugly one would get past the interior designers. And at least they tried to put some color in the villas. If they had done a generic one, people would be complaining about the lack of creativity and blandness.

Keep in mind it's a phone camera photo of a big screen projection of an original photo that's been imported into a presentation app, then probably converted to an avi file with who knows how much compression at each step of the way. The original image may have been very warm and diffused, even with the headboard lights on, but someone decided it needed to pop, especially when they needed to project it in the presentation hall.
I am not sure I realized this was a photo of a photo on a screen. I am excited for the refurbed rooms and will be booking a stay for Dec '23 or Jan '24.

Yes, I'll be anxious to see a photo of an actual room. As it looks right now, I really like everything except the headboard. By itself it's okay, but it doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the colors in the decor. Hoping it looks very different in person. I also like that they're keeping the rustic feel.

Yes, I'll be anxious to see a photo of an actual room. As it looks right now, I really like everything except the headboard. By itself it's okay, but it doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the colors in the decor. Hoping it looks very different in person. I also like that they're keeping the rustic feel.
I think I am one of the rare people happy to see Disney incorporated as well. I think we will be happily surprised.

I see the rug, headboard, picture, and curtains are the only difference between the photo and SSR. Seems like we are heading towards one Studio design with soft goods differences per resort.

It may be a throwback tribute to the original VWL decor, which always looked to me like a collection of old, mismatched furniture pieces brought from home to furnish the cabin in the woods. More functional than cohesive decor.
I never saw the original (heck, I’ve never stayed here at all, first stay is in November). But this hit me. DH family has a 1940’s cabin in Northern Michigan in the woods and this is EXACTLY how it looks and feels. It’s homey and cozy and isn’t “decorated” at all, but somehow it all works. Just my 2 cents 😂

Saw this in a Facebook post and not sure what to make of it:

The renovations are in full swing, there's plastic down in some of the hallways and I was able to peek into a few rooms, which are all getting new ceramic tile floors and a fresh coat of white paint (not sure if that's the primer or final color).
Rooms still have the original TV's and therefore, WDW Today on Channel 2 (vs the new smart TV's). No pumps in the shower, all individual bottles of H2O+ (queue the ugly, nostalgic cry here...).
A bit confusing/concerning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter