Booking VGF on June 23rd

We got Jan 18-24, lake view studio. I couldn't believe how open it was either!

I wonder if DVC has released the space for unsold points too. This way, non-owners will spend their points here first and free up more space for late comers later. If they hold those VGF rooms, they may go to waste and late purchasers will end up scrambling to spend their points elsewhere like BLT or VWL.

Am I the only early bird who was unsuccessful? I couldn't get a standard studio for January 10th. It came up as available several times but when I went to book it, it was unavailable.

You will not want to book a studio again, once you try a 1 BR, it's worth it.
The way I look at it, if I only want a hotel room, I wouldn't need to choose DVC. I would take a 1 BR because it's like presidential suite with extra room, etc.
I've been a DVC member since 1997. I have stayed in studios, 1BRs, 2BRS and even Grand Villas. We are perfectly comfortable in a studio.

I wonder if DVC has released the space for unsold points too. This way, non-owners will spend their points here first and free up more space for late comers later. If they hold those VGF rooms, they may go to waste and late purchasers will end up scrambling to spend their points elsewhere like BLT or VWL.
DVD has to have unsold points in declared inventory before they can sell them. So they always declare what they think they can sell at least a few months ahead of time.

wdrl has posted that he thinks DVD initially declared about 75% ( I think that is the right % or close to what he said) of the VGF resort into member inventory, so it should be easier to get something right now than it will be when the resort is fully sold out.

No idea how many points have been sold so far, but some have reported hearing from their guides that sales are going much faster than anticipated.

MoreTravels said:
You will not want to book a studio again, once you try a 1 BR, it's worth it.
The way I look at it, if I only want a hotel room, I wouldn't need to choose DVC. I would take a 1 BR because it's like presidential suite with extra room, etc.

I would take the two showers in the studio over a separate room in the 1BR. I agree with you in general, but for me, at VGF, I think the studio is the preferred layout.

Booked a lake view studio for 2 nights - jan 11-13. Toyed with a 1 bedroom just because they are so beautiful but decided to save the points and go with the studio since its just two nights. I think studios are great for a couple of nights but we love 1 or 2 bedrooms for 4 nights or more just so we can cook if we want.

Have to say I'm really excited about the opportunity to stay at this beautiful resort!! Congrats to all they have been successful in these early bookings!

DVD has to have unsold points in declared inventory before they can sell them. So they always declare what they think they can sell at least a few months ahead of time.

wdrl has posted that he thinks DVD initially declared about 75% ( I think that is the right % or close to what he said) of the VGF resort into member inventory, so it should be easier to get something right now than it will be when the resort is fully sold out.

No idea how many points have been sold so far, but some have reported hearing from their guides that sales are going much faster than anticipated.

My numbers, which are still a bit preliminary, show that 75.84% of VGF has been declared for the DVC inventory. This means that 75.84% of VGF is available for booking by DVC members. Disney Vacation Development owns the remaining 24.16% and can do with it what it wants.

VGF deeds didn't start appearing on the Orange County Comptroller's website until June 6 and the number of deeds being recorded each day seems to be increasing.

As CarolMN points out, non-VGF owners will have the best odds of getting a VGF reservation during the early days of the resort when the declared inventory greatly exceeds the inventory owned by VGF owners.

I could have gotten those two days in a standard view also but I left them for you. :)

Those are the two days that we are at AKL. Hoping a waitlist comes to make it 4 days. It sure was a toss up between AKL and VGF. Glad to see you got them.

Do you think new owners already have all the studios for Christmas to new years? Is there just 47 possible one bedroom units?

I could have gotten a 1 bedroom unit but will save my points for Summer 2014
since we do not need that large of a unit.

Thanks Tigger1 I hope you can get what you wanted. Since I could not get all my nights in a studio, I splurged and booked a 1 BR lake view for this trip.

I had a 2BR villa BLT reservation for the 2nd week of December 2013 that I was just able to switch to a brand new 2BR villa at VGF. I was able to add the same type of room at VGF on the Disney website but I called and did the reservation change over the phone. I was transferred once and then put on hold for a good 10 minutes - the CM told me that they were slooooowly loading the VGF villas into their system and she was just barely able to make the ressie change. She said I was very lucky and I agree! Anyway, I am not a DVC member nor did I buy into DVC - I am cash pay and I am more than 4 months out from my reservation dates. Just thought I would share.

I had a 2BR villa BLT reservation for the 2nd week of December 2013 that I was just able to switch to a brand new 2BR villa at VGF. I was able to add the same type of room at VGF on the Disney website but I called and did the reservation change over the phone. I was transferred once and then put on hold for a good 10 minutes - the CM told me that they were slooooowly loading the VGF villas into their system and she was just barely able to make the ressie change. She said I was very lucky and I agree! Anyway, I am not a DVC member nor did I buy into DVC - I am cash pay and I am more than 4 months out from my reservation dates. Just thought I would share.

Since not all the inventory is declared yet for VGF it make sense that about 25% of the resort could be available for cash bookings.

I could have gotten those two days in a standard view also but I left them for you. :)

Those are the two days that we are at AKL. Hoping a waitlist comes to make it 4 days. It sure was a toss up between AKL and VGF. Glad to see you got them.

Do you think new owners already have all the studios for Christmas to new years? Is there just 47 possible one bedroom units?

I could have gotten a 1 bedroom unit but will save my points for Summer 2014
since we do not need that large of a unit.

Christmas is still open but New Year's is completely booked out for studios (and lockoffs as well).

We were able to book 3 nights one bedroom standard view from 01-01-14 thru 01-04-14 . We will have to split our stay this time . We were glad that we got 3 nights . Can't wait to get there on new year 2014 . Have a magical day to everyone.:dance3:

Christmas is still open but New Year's is completely booked out for studios (and lockoffs as well).

Curious how the first two weeks of dec look. This is a very busy DVC time and curious if VGF are following the DVC norm. I'm not requesting any specific availability, just curious in general as non owners will probably flood the system again come August 1 for those dates as pretty much everything else is full orclose to it for those dates.

Curious how the first two weeks of dec look. This is a very busy DVC time and curious if VGF are following the DVC norm. I'm not requesting any specific availability, just curious in general as non owners will probably flood the system again come August 1 for those dates as pretty much everything else is full orclose to it for those dates.

When I checked a few weeks ago studios were very spotty for both of those 2 weeks and that was before members who are new DVC owners were allowed to book. I haven't checked in 2 weeks but I would guess it will probably only be a very few non owners that will be able to book at that time.

luckyman_apd said:

Made a reservation over the weekend, and studios might already be unavailable for the weekends those first 2 weekends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter