booking room now for later with fan club card

essmom

DIS Veteran
I think I should go ahead and book a room for spring break but the fan club rates aren't out yet. Is this the correct way to do it? I am new to all of this. Do I just keep calling back to get the fan club rate. they say they'll be out in November. Which room is the best deal? I think we've decided to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel for location. Is it really loud all the time ??? I've read that a few times on these boards. Thanks !!!

Yes that's a great idea. Go ahead now and book your dates so they are secure and just keep calling back usually within 3-4 months rates start to trickle out. You can stay tuned to the boards and see who is getting what and when. Last year i booked a last minute trip to PBH and HRH this was two weeks out and the PBH was 129 g/v and the HRH was 99 g/v. They had some sort of special running and i'm almost positive it was AP rates that landed those great rates. I think AP and Ent. Cards are gonna be your least exp rates. I've never booked fan club or AAA even at christmas time. I booked christmas last year in august at AAA rates called back the week before we where to leave and to my surpise AP rates for my dates where out that day and she credited my rooms. It went from 229 g/v at PBH to 159! So i was thrilled. So book now and check back once a week or so.

The problem with booking ahead of time (prior to discounts) is that if everyone did this and the hotel filled up at regular rates they wouldn't see a need to have lower rates. If you have no problem paying the rack rates if no discounts come about then by all mean book, otherwise I'd say wait. Everyone (including me) is waiting for the discounted rates and we are all trying to keep one another informed via posts.

According to several threads the universal hotels appear to be changing the entertainment rate as they aren't listed in either the books or online under half price anymore. I'm hoping this is incorrect and that they won't change any of the other discounts too.

I booked this am at a rate of $269-OUCH- but she said the rates will be out in about 2 weeks and to call back. This is for a poolview room at the HRH. I hope to get a rate of $150 or so. Anyone else had a fan club rate at HRH??

I booked RPR this morning at the rate of $299 per night (for February) The woman I spoke to seemed certain that the rate would go down before we go. She told me to keep checking. I really don't want to spend $299 a night, but I wanted to lock in the dates.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter