Booking Private VIP Tour

Sea of Progress

Mouseketeer
I was wanting to book a private VIP Tour for our family at the end of March/ Early April and was wondering if anyone knows if they need to be booked at 60 days out or if they can be booked 60+10 days out if we are staying on property. I have called a few times wanting to get this information along with pricing for the last week of March and the wait is 2+ hours :sad2:

I would book at whatever date it opens because we tried to book for our Feb trip after the 60 day booking window was already opened and it was already booked for all days of our trip. We weren’t too far past sixty days. I only waited a half hour but that was after waiting over two hours to book a fireworks cruise so maybe I got a smaller line because I was transferred. It’s insane the wait times calling for anything for Disney

It is sad that you are wanting to give them $5000 for one day and they can’t make the wait time less than that. But, if you call literally at the stroke of 9am EST, think like you are joining the VQ for ROTR, you will have less than a 20 minute wait usually. Definitely book right at 60 days, at 9am EST, or you may miss out and then spend much more time calling literally daily to try to get a VIP (I speak from experience over Christmas when I did the two hour hold weekly until 48 hours prior to our trip when a tour opened; we have done many VIP tours in the past and I never waited 2 rings, let alone 2 hours).

I was wanting to book a private VIP Tour for our family at the end of March/ Early April and was wondering if anyone knows if they need to be booked at 60 days out or if they can be booked 60+10 days out if we are staying on property. I have called a few times wanting to get this information along with pricing for the last week of March and the wait is 2+ hours :sad2:

This should give you a heads up about how "magical" Disney has become.
We've done the private VIP tour and other VIP tour with up to 10 people. Our tour leaders were fine for both tours. When I received a survey for the second one I told them how disappointed I was because we used to be able to do as much by collecting FPs throughout the day. The private tour was awesome but pricy. My daughter and her friends were able to ride their favorites over and over in all 4 parks. We did the private tour about 14 years ago during Spring Break because it was crazy crowded.

It is sad that you are wanting to give them $5000 for one day and they can’t make the wait time less than that. But, if you call literally at the stroke of 9am EST, think like you are joining the VQ for ROTR, you will have less than a 20 minute wait usually. Definitely book right at 60 days, at 9am EST, or you may miss out and then spend much more time calling literally daily to try to get a VIP (I speak from experience over Christmas when I did the two hour hold weekly until 48 hours prior to our trip when a tour opened; we have done many VIP tours in the past and I never waited 2 rings, let alone 2 hours).

So we are technically waitlisted but do you think we would have better luck calling back? Last time I was waitlisted for my preferred day they never called me but when I called them, one had opened up for the day I was looking for. It seems crazy that they wouldn’t actually use the waitlist but then again that’s Disney for you. It doesn’t seem like the Waitlist ever works for dvc either b

So we are technically waitlisted but do you think we would have better luck calling back? Last time I was waitlisted for my preferred day they never called me but when I called them, one had opened up for the day I was looking for. It seems crazy that they wouldn’t actually use the waitlist but then again that’s Disney for you. It doesn’t seem like the Waitlist ever works for dvc either b
I was waitlisted for two days (either a Monday or Tuesday). They called me yesterday and offered Tuesday. I said I would hold out for Monday. Right away she said that she had a spot for Monday too. Would she have called for the Monday? Who knows. But you would be wasting a lot of time on the phone if you kept calling...

(QUOTE) It doesn’t seem like the Waitlist ever works for dvc either b...

Did not know about that! How do you put yourself on it?

It can definitely be booked at 60+10.

I was waitlisted for our trip the first week of Aug 2021. I did call in to check, but got the "no need to call we will call you". But luckily, I got the call 5 days before we left! So it worked out. I don't have a AP or DVC.

On the fence with this. We did it in DL and while enjoyable was NOT necessary. This was a few years back. I am a crazy good planner but just can't get myself there on WDW genie stuff. We are only a party of 3 so the cost per person ratio is high. My daughter is 23 and I rationalize to myself this could be our LAST big WDW trip with her for a while (She graduates grad school next May). This trip is May 2022. Any recent experience to help justisfy the worth..if that is even possible. Many years ago I had referred people to Pixie Dust planning type of service. They mapped out the rides etc and which order to do them in. Basically what I use to do to help family but got too busy and had to refer out. Anyone use these types recently? THANKS

I've had a ton of success booking a tour at DL but have yet to get one at WDW. The last time I called, I called at the 60 day mark and was put on the waitlist. They never called me with an opening. I plan to try again this summer so we'll see how lucky I am this time.

I will say every time we've done it at DL, we've found it incredibly worth the $$$. Of course, we were also splitting the cost between 3 or 4 families so it brought the cost down.

[/QUOT

I called right at 9am on my 60 day out and only waited about 15 minutes and was able to book for the second day of our trip. Not sure if this is too late to answer your question. Hope you were able to book it.

We are not booking our VIP tour for a few months, but I was just curious if the rumours are true. We heard that people are waiting hours on hold with VIP tours and that times 60 days out are booking up within hours of the booking window opening?

Just curious what everyones experience has been.

We did a VIP tour in June and had no problems/extended wait booking. That might not be the case now. I will say that I called Disney Signature Services this morning exactly at 9am when they opened and immediately got a cast member. The computer said I would have a 22 minute wait, but she picked up right after that message.

I called right at 9am and waited a little less than 15 minutes before I spoke with someone. Booking process was super easy. ETA: I called about 2 weeks ago for our trip in May.

I called right at 9am and waited a little less than 15 minutes before I spoke with someone. Booking process was super easy. ETA: I called about 2 weeks ago for our trip in May.

Thanks for posting that. I was also (like OP) getting paranoid about the wait times and trying to book a tour for when we go in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter