Booking Hotel for 2 without second Guest

JMisery

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

I'm booking a surprise hotel reservation for me and my girlfriend at the Polynesian - I want it to be a special day of exploring it to its fullest and just having a wonderful staycation for the day/night.
We are linked on the app (and can't really disconnect due to other plans, etc).
The problem I'm having is that I go to book the resort stay for two people, but it insists on me picking a Guest from my Friends & Family list to put as the second guest; it does not allow me to leave it as an unnamed guest.

Are there any workarounds for this? If I chose the second guest to be another family member (until we arrive), would I be able to change this at the front desk? Obviously she will know about the surprise booking by then lol

Thank you in advance :)

You could make it for 1 and then call Disney and add her after you tell her. Since you’re going from 1 to 2 people it won’t change the price.

You could make it for 1 and then call Disney and add her after you tell her. Since you’re going from 1 to 2 people it won’t change the price.
That definitely seems to be the smartest way - was just concerned there would be a problem but I'd imagine it would be absolutely fine. Thank you for your fast response :)

I had something similar happen. I booked a room via Priceline and it defaults to two guests. When I did an online chat with Disney to link the reservation the agent must have created a second guest using my name followed by the number 1. (bella1)

I only realized this when I tried to do online check in and it didn’t recognize bella1 as a guest. At that point I just choose to add a family member from my list.

Actually, Disney has always insisted on the name & address of every guest in a room. I think adding her after you tell her is the only way to do it. If you put someone from your friends & family list, they’ll need to know about it & why. Then you’re relying on them to keep your secret.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter