Booking Genie+ when parkhopping

sleepymouse

DIS Veteran
If I have a reservation for Disneyland and enter that park in the morning, can I book LL for California Adventure as long as the return time is after 1pm or do I need to enter that park at 1pm to book LL there? TIA

I know the above response is what everyone says, but we were there Oct 31-Nov 2, and I tried a couple of different times to book before we had hopped. Every time I got an error that said "this guest needs to be scanned in to the above park to book this genie+" or whatever. All times we hadn't hopped yet but return times were after 1pm. Not sure what exactly went on, but that's what happened to us.

I know the above response is what everyone says, but we were there Oct 31-Nov 2, and I tried a couple of different times to book before we had hopped. Every time I got an error that said "this guest needs to be scanned in to the above park to book this genie+" or whatever. All times we hadn't hopped yet but return times were after 1pm. Not sure what exactly went on, but that's what happened to us.
Well that's a bummer. It would be much more advantageous to be bale to book both parks after entering one.

I will double check for you this Saturday. I’ve never had an issue booking evening return times. It could be that someone in the previous party or on your app didn’t have a hopper. One time my friends annual pass was still linked to my app and I got similar messages.

Again, I’ll see what’s up on Saturday for ya!

You’re supposed to be able to book return times in the other park for after 1. If you can’t you could talk to guest relations. During my trip the first week of October I booked return times for the other park before hopping plenty of times

We are here today starting at Disneyland and were able to book evening rides in DCA before entering that park. However, because we wanted evening times we did not start booking for DCA until after 1:00. Not sure if that made a difference.

I was able to select return times in DCA yesterday as long as they were after 1pm. I will say that I had issues in October and September doing this. Some days it said I had to scan in to the other park, other days I was able to.

Can confirm I was able to select a return time in DCA while still at DL today as long as the return time was past 1pm.
Thank you for checking. We were in Disney World this summer, and this is how it worked. I am happy to hear that Disneyland operates the same way. Now if only I could start booking at 7am before entering any park :)

I was able to select return times in DCA yesterday as long as they were after 1pm. I will say that I had issues in October and September doing this. Some days it said I had to scan in to the other park, other days I was able to.
haha thanks for the validation - I was feeling crazy because I knew I was supposed to be able to, but it gave me that error throughout our 3 day trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter