Booking for 2023 DVC Member Cruise Opens July 23rd + Member Services Downtime

"Member Services will be open from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, EST on July 23rd, to exclusively support DVC Member Cruise reservations, as well as assist with any DVC Resort reservations within the next 5 days."

Probably won't be released until a few days (or less) before July 23rd.
Ok but at least we know you don’t HAVE to use points!

• Due to the unique nature of this special event, Disney Vacation Club has waived the policy of requiring at least one passenger to sail using Reservation Points. If Members would like to pay by using both cash and Reservation Points, individual passengers must be paid for by using all cash or all Reservation Points.

Last edited:
I see you have to pay in full. Is it refundable like a normal Disney cruise? Generally how much more do these cost cash price versus the non DVC cruises in the same month/itinerary?

I came here looking for prices too. I thought I just couldn’t find it. I need that info to know if I can/should/want to go. 😝

I see you have to pay in full. Is it refundable like a normal Disney cruise? Generally how much more do these cost cash price versus the non DVC cruises in the same month/itinerary?
It is refundable, not sure about the timeline.

My guess is that it’s probably 125-150% of the cost of a regular DCL cruise which turns many away from wanting to go.

I have probably been on 13 of them during my 19 years of DVC membership. Some just didn’t fit with my school schedule, I taught math at UC, and we were on quarters. My husband has been on fewer, 9 maybe, because he doesn’t think the extra money is worth it but I have always felt the “behind the scenes” talks and movies, as well as the special previews are. Never had a problem finding someone to go with me.

It is refundable, not sure about the timeline.

My guess is that it’s probably 125-150% of the cost of a regular DCL cruise which turns many away from wanting to go.

I have probably been on 13 of them during my 19 years of DVC membership. Some just didn’t fit with my school schedule, I taught math at UC, and we were on quarters. My husband has been on fewer, 9 maybe, because he doesn’t think the extra money is worth it but I have always felt the “behind the scenes” talks and movies, as well as the special previews are. Never had a problem finding someone to go with me.
Ty very much! I really want to go because of the special talks on board but I am thinking it may be an adult only trip due to the pricing.

I bought a direct contract at AKL -100pts, and then some others in resale.. will I be able to book this even if I don't have the 150 direct points?

I bought a direct contract at AKL -100pts, and then some others in resale.. will I be able to book this even if I don't have the 150 direct points?
if you have a 'blue card' then yes. some people have blue cards from purchasing only 50pts direct. it just depends on what the minimum to get benefits was when you purchased.

We are new to the member cruise, but are very much interested. We are looking for information on the booking process.

It appears that the process begins by calling member services on July 23 and then there will be a follow-up within 72 hours of the initial call to finalize things. Here is my question

Is it the initial call where you have to provide the bulk of the information like DVC member number, Castaway Club number, stateroom options, passenger info etc. and then the follow-up call is pretty much paying for the cruise? We just want to make sure we haver the needed information ready at the right time.

Thanks

We are new to the member cruise, but are very much interested. We are looking for information on the booking process.

It appears that the process begins by calling member services on July 23 and then there will be a follow-up within 72 hours of the initial call to finalize things. Here is my question

Is it the initial call where you have to provide the bulk of the information like DVC member number, Castaway Club number, stateroom options, passenger info etc. and then the follow-up call is pretty much paying for the cruise? We just want to make sure we haver the needed information ready at the right time.

Thanks
Yes. And you PIF when booking.

It is a LONG hold process. Unless you are the first 50members calling in, it will be hours before you speak to a agent.
Be sure to have your phone plugged in. GOOD LUCK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter