Book: kingdom keepers

momjkm

DIS Veteran
This book, Kingdom Keepers, is terrific! My ds (12) read it and has been after me to read it--- it is terrific!! I am tired today as I was up late reading last night- It is written by Ridlety Pearson who has written many things for kids and adults. The back of the book says ages 10 & up--- any other adult love it like me???
Jill

Lovely book! I teach middle school in the Orlando area, so my students really love it. Most of them are very familiar with Disney so the book added a new dimension of interest for them. I read it out loud to my sixth graders this year - our other read aloud was the first book in Scholastic's 39 Clues series, which was also excellent.

I believe there is a second Kingdom Keepers book.

Absolutely! I steal them from my 11 year old.:thumbsup2
I read Kingdom Keepers 1 and 2. The second one takes place in Animal Kingdom.
I am a huge fan of the Peter Pan series, as well. (The first is called Peter and the Star Catchers, if you haven't read it- go check it out!)

As my son gets older, it is nice to have something in common with him.

I completely agree. It's one if my favorites; I haven't read it in a while, though. I need to get on that. :goodvibes

On a side note, THERE'S A SECOND ONE? I'm going to go need to buy that.

-first post-:banana:

We love them too.:lovestruc Got both 1 and 2 for DS12 for Christmas this year and we both finished them before he went back to school.

DS tells me there is going to be a 3rd one. The 2nd one kind of sets this up, but I wonder if anyone else has heard this?

We love them too.:lovestruc Got both 1 and 2 for DS12 for Christmas this year and we both finished them before he went back to school.

DS tells me there is going to be a 3rd one. The 2nd one kind of sets this up, but I wonder if anyone else has heard this?

Yes, there is a 3rd one scheduled to come out - Sept 15th release. Ridley Pearson was actually at my son's middle school a couple of weeks ago. He spoke for about an hour about his books, and then signed books for the kids. My son is currently reading "Steel Trapp", so that's what he had him sign. We've both read the Kingdom Keepers books - very original and fun to read!

I've been looking for the Kingdom Keeper books to purchase and can't find them in store. Guess I'll order on-line. Have one that I was saving for next trip to read.

Yes, there is a 3rd one scheduled to come out - Sept 15th release. Ridley Pearson was actually at my son's middle school a couple of weeks ago. He spoke for about an hour about his books, and then signed books for the kids. My son is currently reading "Steel Trapp", so that's what he had him sign. We've both read the Kingdom Keepers books - very original and fun to read!

Thank you. We are excited about that release date. It will be before our next trip. We will have to check out "Steel Trap.":goodvibes

I've been looking for the Kingdom Keeper books to purchase and can't find them in store. Guess I'll order on-line. Have one that I was saving for next trip to read.

We got the original from the library - bought the second one on amazon.com for this past Christmas. I haven't looked in the bookstores.

Thank you. We are excited about that release date. It will be before our next trip. We will have to check out "Steel Trap.":goodvibes

I haven't read Steel Trapp yet, but DS seems to be enjoying it - not Disney related though. I'm guessing he'll eventually do 4 Kingdom Keepers books - one for each park.

One thing he told the kids in his lecture - he and his family have lifelong passes to DW. :cool1: Makes me want to write a book....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter