Boo To You and Jack Skellington Too!

Joining!

Love the castle pic and the one with Belle>:thumbsup2

Thanks! Belle is Becky's all time favorite (she was temporarily replaced with Anna but has since been put back into her rightful place!)

I'm here & subscribed! Great start, what a way to start your trip with an early CP breakfast!

:welcome: Wendy! I was so happy to begin it this way!

I'm here! I don't know what puffed french toast is but it looks amazing!

:welcome: It is light and fluffy french toast and yes it was very yummy!

I agree the puffed french toast looks great. Do you know if they serve it anywhere else besides CP?

It is awesome and just like Kathy said it is only at Crystal Palace. ::yes::

I swear I will always do rope drops now:
Okay so I left off with us leaving the Crystal Palace the plan was for my parents to head to BOG and see if they were giving away return times today and myself, Erkki and the girls were going to head over to Anna and Elsa and see what the current wait time was. Well off we went and the current wait time for A&E was…….90 minutes :scared1: so we explained to the girls just how long the wait was and we let them decide what they wanted to do. They thought it was too long and would rather go on rides! So the first ride we did was the carousel:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pp8iqw]

(He’s going to kill me for posting that one! Hehe)

Okay after the carousel the girls wanted to do it again but I saw that Pooh had a short wait time, so over we went to the Hundred Acre Wood! Now anyone who followed my PTR knows just how deep Becky’s love for Pooh goes, even though she is a princess through and through she has a very special place in her heart for Pooh. When we were planning this trip I asked her if she would rather eat in Cinderella’s castle with the princesses or would she rather eat with Pooh and his friends and she (obviously) choose Pooh. I was surprised at this but very happy to see that even though she is a princess she knows she can still love other things!

Sorry no ride photos, I just wanted to enjoy the ride and see Becky’s reaction (which was adorable!)

Once Pooh found his honey it was time for our first fastpass plus!!! Peter Pan, so off we went to Neverland! The girls loved scanning their bands and seeing the green Mickey, now I was nervous about Faith’s even though they assured me her band was back on. So I had the app open just in case, however it was not needed she got a green and we were on our way! Again there are no ride photos, honestly it is just too dark and all I had was my cell phone camera.

When we got out of our ship we noticed IASW had a short wait time (and the girls were asking for it) so we headed across the way, we waited about 5 minutes then were loaded into our boat:

Once we existed, I decided to call my parents and see what they were up to. Well as I was dialing I turned around and saw them walking towards us! I felt like I needed a “that was easy” button! :lmao: By now it was around 10:45 and they informed me BOG was not giving out return passes, and the CM told my mother the best bet to get in was line up at 10:30 (we decided to not do this) after BOG my parents headed to Adventure land and Frontier Land. First they used their fastpasses for BTMRR then they did POC and HM.
Now Faith LOVES the movie Dumbo, and she really wanted a Mrs. Jumbo stuffed animal so a couple of months ago I was reading Kathy’s TR (KatMark) and she mentioned a Mrs. Jumbo stuffed animal, so I commented and she told me where I could find it!! :cheer2: So we headed over to Dumbo and Big Top Souvenirs!

Right when we walked in Faith found it and she was so happy! It took Becky some time to pick out something but she finally decided on a Minnie Mouse Stuffed animal was that dressed in her Halloween costume. After some shopping we went on Dumbo, now my parents did not join us on this so they sat outside and waited, so we did not go into the play area this time (but we promised the girls they could go in another time)

Okay when we were boarding I turned around to tell Erkki to have him and Faith sit in front of us, but when I turned around they were gone! So this is the best picture of them I have.

After Dumbo my parents had a fastpass for Splash Mountain that they needed to use, now our next pass wasn’t for a little while so we headed over to Frontier Land with them, while they were on Splash we went on BTMRR. The girls loved it; Becky was giggling the whole time and even had her hands in the air!! The line was only about 15 minutes long so it was really not a bad wait. But man was it getting hot!! Living in NH I can honestly say I have never experienced heat like that before.

I had their photo of Splash but it was just somehow deleted off my account!! :headache:

Okay on that note I think I am going to leave it here as the next parts I have pictures of are the parade and some more meet and greets and I cannot fit them in this update! I promise I will get to part 3 ASAP!

Hurray for the update!!! :dance3:

Cute pictures of the girls on the Carousel. I love that you told them about the Anna/Elsa standby line time and let them decide if they wanted to wait or not. Looks like you got a lot accomplished in a small amount of time and looks like everyone was getting to do what they wanted. So nice when it all works out. :goodvibes

Love that picture of Becky on IASW. So darn cute!!!

It is always a whole lot easier to wake up on Disney day!

I'm definitely a fan of your Olaf tank. :thumbsup2

The puffed french toast is one of the main reasons to go to Crystal Palace for breakfast for me. :rotfl2:

Yup, 90 minutes for Anna and Elsa is still a little much. Good idea letting the girls decide.

Awww, a Mrs. Jumbo plush! I don't know if I've ever seen that. How awesome.

Oooh Megan, that was a potentially risky move letting the girls decide about meeting A&E or not, lol.

Yup, nothing wrong with liking other things too. In fact it's kind of refreshing to see kids choose something other than the princesses.

Also love when kids ride the coasters. Honestly when I was that age, ain't no way. Now I can't stay away.

I'm with the girls ... I'd rather go on rides than wait 90 minutes for A&E!

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

I can't wait to see pictures from the rest of the day!

Joining in!

I love the costumes the girls are wearing, so cute. I think they chose wisely as far as waiting to see A&E; rides are the way to go. It seems like you're getting a lot done quickly too. Can't wait to see the rest of the trip!

Sorry I'm a little behind (rough first week back at work and sickness in the family).

This was such a fun update. I love the Carrousel pictures (I've grown very fond of riding that with little ones and seeing the joy in their faces).

And who doesn't love playing in Pooh's playground and riding Dumbo?

Such sweet girls. :)

Hurray for the update!!! :dance3:

Cute pictures of the girls on the Carousel. I love that you told them about the Anna/Elsa standby line time and let them decide if they wanted to wait or not. Looks like you got a lot accomplished in a small amount of time and looks like everyone was getting to do what they wanted. So nice when it all works out. :goodvibes

I was glad the girls decided not to wait but I would have waited if it was a must for them :) I love rope drop! We got some much done and it was so nice to have 3 hours pass and realize that you have done all the major rides!

Love that picture of Becky on IASW. So darn cute!!!

She loves that ride!

It is always a whole lot easier to wake up on Disney day!

I wish it was that easy everyday!

I'm definitely a fan of your Olaf tank. :thumbsup2

Thanks:goodvibes, it was my favorite tank of the trip. I actually didn't know hot topic had the tanks until following your TR so THANK YOU! for the idea

The puffed french toast is one of the main reasons to go to Crystal Palace for breakfast for me. :rotfl2:

I agree

Yup, 90 minutes for Anna and Elsa is still a little much. Good idea letting the girls decide.

That was my thought too, I am happy they decided to skip it maybe it would be more bearable if there was actually something to do in the que.

Awww, a Mrs. Jumbo plush! I don't know if I've ever seen that. How awesome.

It was her favorite purchase of the entire trip! Dumbo has a very special place in her heart.

Oooh Megan, that was a potentially risky move letting the girls decide about meeting A&E or not, lol.

:lmao:Yes Rob I agree, but if they wanted to wait I would have.

Yup, nothing wrong with liking other things too. In fact it's kind of refreshing to see kids choose something other than the princesses.

I love the fact that she likes other things, it is awesome to see my princess expand her liking. Actaully for Halloween she has decided to be sully! :sulley:

Also love when kids ride the coasters. Honestly when I was that age, ain't no way. Now I can't stay away.

I wouldn't have attempted it either, she was adorable when she put her hands up I was shocked!

Following. We were there at the same time! Great report!

:welcome: it was such a nice time to be there (except for the humidity!) Thank you! :goodvibes

I'm with the girls ... I'd rather go on rides than wait 90 minutes for A&E!

Yup thats my train of thought to!::yes::

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

We did it was such a good start to our vacation

I can't wait to see pictures from the rest of the day!

Coming up soon! pixiedust:

Joining in!

I love the costumes the girls are wearing, so cute. I think they chose wisely as far as waiting to see A&E; rides are the way to go. It seems like you're getting a lot done quickly too. Can't wait to see the rest of the trip!

:welcome:

Thank you, my girls love to dress up even when we are not in Disney so doing it there is so special to them!

I am happy that we did not want for them, overall rides was going to be more fun.

After trying rope drop this year I swear I want to do it every time! We got so much done.

Sorry I'm a little behind (rough first week back at work and sickness in the family).

Kathy I hope you are doing okay! :hug:

This was such a fun update. I love the Carrousel pictures (I've grown very fond of riding that with little ones and seeing the joy in their faces).

They love it every time they rode it they were so happy!

And who doesn't love playing in Pooh's playground and riding Dumbo?

For them it was the perfect morning!

Such sweet girls. :)

:goodvibes

Okay before I finish off day 1 I found the lost Splash Mountain Picture!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_7064102383

Okay now to continue:

After our ride on Dumbo we headed to the front of the park, my dad had to take a conference so he headed to Pecos Bill's. Mickey is a huge deal to our family, Faith loves him and she swears that she will marry him one day :love: so this was our next stop! The wait was only about 25 minutes and soon we were next:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oLMMCs]

I believe in that last picture Mickey was having them bounce like Tigger :tigger:

Then a family shot:

The Photopass photographer tried to convince my Mom to get in but she was content staying out.

Okay after we exited Mickey we saw that Marie was out, now Faith and Becky did not really know who she was but they wanted a picture with the Kitty! The line for her was short :woohoo: and while we waited we were informed that she needed to use the litter so she would be back in 2 minutes :lmao: When she got back we were the third family to meet her:

After Marie we headed into the confectionery, my Mom LOVES Disney cupcakes and she needed to get one. While we were walking around a CM approached us and asked if the girls would like Cinderella Slipper cookies for free! They were cracked so they were not able to sell them, of course we said yes and I was expecting to get 1 for the girls to split and she gave us 2! pixiedust: My mom got her cupcake and I got a red velvet cake pop (Which was awesome)

While we were in the store my dad caught up with us, by this time is was 2:15 and since we had a busy morning we decided to just stake out a spot for the parade. Now we sat right in front of the Emporium, if any of you read my report from last December you might remember that my Dad seriously spoils the girls.So as we were waiting the girls spotted balloons and of course my dad got them each one. Also since we were in front of the Emporium he decided to take the girls shopping (remember they also got the Mrs Jumbo and Minnie stuffed animal earlier in the day) 20 minutes later they are leaving the store, Faith now has Chip and Dale stuffed animals and Becky has pea pod stuffed animals from Toy Story. Trust me the spoiling does not end here this was just day 1.....

Okay now it was time for the parade: (Please forgive me I do not remember the order these pictures should be in)

We were on the wrong side to see Anna and Elsa really good:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/p9EsYm]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pp8hsQ]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/p9EsPd]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/p9EsHb]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pp8kQw]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/p9EszW]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/p9EUJC]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/p9EUBd]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/p9E7Ck]

Continued in Next Post:

What a great day!

I love that the girls wanted to see "the Kitty" we loved Aristicats when I was a kid; can't wait to show it to my DD. Was that the talking Mickey? Was he cool, or was it weird? :)

The parade looks amazing! I haven't stopped to watch the parade since I was a little squirt but we plan to get seats for FofF next year.

I love the spoiling; DD is six weeks old and already has more stuffed animals than I have space for! My dad, and my FIL both can't stop buying that little baby stuff, sounds to me like its a grandpa thing!

Can't wait to see the tour you an DH took!

Wow, you guys got so much done!
I wish they would stay consistent for Be Our Guest. Some days they do one thing, some days they do another. Makes my brain itchy.
Glad you found your Mrs. Jumbo!
The pics with Mickey are so cute, the girls look so excited. And you got to meet Marie too!
Great parade pics! We didn't really get to see it last trip and I was disappointed. It's a gorgeous parade.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Awww I LOVE LOVE LOVE that your girls love Mickey so much. With all the princess craze (which I do get), it's so nice to hear when the BOSS gets so much love. It all started with a mouse after all. :goodvibes

Free cookies!!!!

Just FYI, it is a grandparent's job to spoil. :)

Oh God I loved this parade. I am not a parade person generally and the old parade just really didn't do much for me, but Festival of Fantasy is absolutely a must do.

what a fun day! And how great you got to ask them if they wanted to wait for A&E - let them decide if the wait was worth it to them. We had a similar experience one trip but for Enchanted Tales With Belle (which had a 45 min wait) and my daughter also chose to do rides instead

Love the Mrs. Jumbo plush - and love that she brought it with her to meet Mickey!

Wow, that must be a biiiiiiggggg litter box :lmao:

Great shots of the parade - love the faces Repunzel makes. So bummed that it was rained out our last trip ... oh well, just another reason to go back again ;)

Megan, great update!

It looks like a fun meet with Mickey.

I believe it is a rule that grandchildren must be spoiled. I'll let you known for sure on that one when I have one. :rotfl2:

My one regret from the trip last month is we did NOT get to see the new parade. I really wanted to and we totally just couldn't work it into the schedule I had. Next trip it is a priority.

Beautiful pictures of the parade. I love the new floats and your picture of Anna and Elsa was not bad at all.

Yay for free Cinderella cookies! Talk about right place at the right time. I love your parade photos!

I can't wait to hear about the tour!

I love the picture of the girls bouncing like Tigger. It's so adorable!

I love the parade picture, it looks like such an amazing parade. I can't wait to see what everything looks like from the other side in your December TR (I know, that's very far away).

Overall, it looks like a great first day! I'm looking forward to reading all about the Keys to the Kingdom Tour - from what I've heard, it sounds really interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter