Boo To You and Jack Skellington Too!

MonsterWDWmom

DIS Veteran
:wave2:Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my trip report covering my trip from Sept 7th 2014 to Sept 16, 2014. This trip I was at the park all days except travel days so a total of 8 days straight!!! :faint: It was a great trip with a bunch of firsts:cheer2:

If you want to know more about the planning you can visit my pre-trip report at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread...irst+time+in+forever+i+have+2+active+tickers+

This report covers the September trip and also my December trip that is quickly approaching.

Now let me introduced you to those who are apart of this trip!

This is Becky

Her favorite character: Belle

Favorite Movie: Beauty and the Beast

Favorite Ride: Tea Cups!

This trip she was 4 years old and it was her 4th time down!!!:love:

This is Faith

Favorite Character: Jack Skellington (and Sorcer Mickey :smickey:)

Favorite Movie: Dumbo

Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion

My parents! Maureen and Joe

My mom's favorite character is: Tinkerbell

Favorite ride is Big Thunder Mountain

This sounds horrible but I have no idea what her favorite movie is all I know is Cinderella is her favorite princess

My Dad's favorite ride is Soarin

Favorite Character is: Mickey

Again no idea on favorite movie!

Me: Megan your host for this report and my darling husband Erkki.

My favorite ride is: Space Ship Earth

Favorite Character: Belle

Favorite Movie: Beauty and the Beast

My husbands favorite ride: Space Mountain

Favorite Character: Donald Duck, Goofy

Favorite Movie: Saving Mr. Banks

For this trip my brother and his family also came down, I will not be adding pictures of them out of respect as they do not want pictures of their kids on the internet.

But overall there was 10 of us in total :scared1:

Up next travel day and day 1!!:cheer2:

I caught the link on your PTR, so I'm hear. I'm looking forward to reading all about the trip!

I caught the link on your PTR, so I'm hear. I'm looking forward to reading all about the trip!

Thanks for joining! I will try to get in a small update tonight :goodvibes

Here Megan. I'm curious to see that Disney was like right up until I got there. :goodvibes

Hi Rob! Thanks for coming over, I know one thing that was different we only had 1 day of rain!

Hi Megan. I am here. :goodvibes

Hi Jenn, updates should be coming soon!

Hi Megan! I'm joining and can't wait to hear all about it.

Hi Danielle, thanks for joining. I can't guarantee that this will be as entertaining as your reports but I'll try :)

Alright so here we go.

Our arrival day was a Sunday and we got into Orlando at 5:30, this night was not going to be a park night we just didn't want to have to leave at the crack of dawn on Monday!

I'll keep this simple for some reason I have only 2 pictures from travel day! I swear I took more but I guess they just disappeared:confused3.This is the girls in car on the way to the airport:

Our plane landed early around 5:15 and we pick up our luggage and car without issue. Now as we were driving rain like I have never experienced before came down, it was so bad Erkki had to slow down to 15 miles an hour on the highway just so he could see!

Crisis averted, we arrived at the house safe, had dinner then went to bed because the next morning we had a 8:30 ADR at the Crystal Palace!

Day 1:

We woke up bright and early (isn't it always easier to wake up in Disney pixiedust:)

We were out of the door by 7:15 and soon enough I was seeing this:

We were all so excited to finally start this vacation! We got there early enough to park in the second Heros row in the lot!:cool1: So not a lot of walking to the TTC.

At that time only the boat was running and when we got there one was waiting so we loaded and soon were on our way. While on the boat we got to talking to another couple who had an ADR at CRT and it was for 8:05 by this time it was already 7:50:scared1:I could tell it was there first time there because they were confused when I told them we were eating at CP, they thought CRT and CP were the same restaurant. So I clarified that we are having breakfast with Pooh and his friends while they are having breakfast with the Princesses. Then they found out our ADR was for 8:30 and they got scared. (They will come up again shortly well the Dad at least)

I have to admit I like taking the boat, it is great to be able to see the castle getting closer as you get closer. The girls really enjoyed it and by this point they were super excited.

Okay we landed and walked up to the scanners, well all of ours worked except Faith's, so once I saw the blue Mickey I immediately had the app open and was going to get her AP number. Lucky enough one of the CM's figured it out, somehow the band had been turned off :confused3! Well they turned it back on and we got Green!!:banana: The whole process took about 5 minutes and I was getting a little concerned because just a month before I was able to make all the fatspasses.

Main St. just the way I like it!!

Once we got on Main St. we realized we had time to kill before check in so what else to do but get pictures in front of an empty castle!!

After pictures we headed to CP as I was walking up Main St I looked to my right and noticed a man running while pushing a stroller right up Main St! It was the dad from the boat and it was 8:15 :eek: I hope they made it.

Once checked in we were seated in about 10 minutes, the characters weren't close to us so after we ordered our drinks we headed for the buffet.

Sorry this is all I have for pictures but it is evidence that I tried the Puffed French Toast (I even had a piece for you Jen!) It was awesome, I can see why so many people like it. Soon after we got our food the characters came around first up was Tigger:

Then Piglet:

We had some time before the next wave of characters so we again headed up to the buffet. Now one thing I will say is the service this time around was not that good. It took about 15 minutes to get our initial drinks and then when the coffee was out it took about 20 minutes to get a refill.At one point we were still waiting for refills and our waiter was talking with another employee for about 10 minutes! This was a first for CP so I hope the waiter was just having an off morning.

Anyway the next character to visit was Eeyore:

Then finally the one Becky had been waiting for Pooh!!:love:

Now she was super excited to see him and she even had to show him her magic band which had a pooh tattoo on it! Needless to say Pooh liked it and Becky was very happy. Now before we left Erkki was amazed at the size of the coffee maker so he had to get a picture!

And the quote on Facebook was "And God said let there be coffee"

After enjoying the HUGE coffee maker we finished up and headed out, by this time it was around 9:30ish we our plan was to head over to Fantasyland!

Next up Day 1 part 2: I swear I will always do rope drop after this!

Ahhh Puffed French Toast. Yummy!!! :woohoo:

Sorry to hear that you had slow service that morning, maybe she was just having an off morning like you said. I have been pretty happy when we have eaten breakfast there but I am usually distracted by the kids, characters and of course the puffed french toast to notice if service was slow. :)

Cute pictures of the kids with the characters and I love all the pictures of you in front of the castle on empty main street.

That poor dad running down main street. That is not the way you want to see the castle for the 1st time on your first trip but I am sure that they probably made it to the breakfast on time.

Great start so far. :)

I love the family pictures in front of the castle.

And that is a big coffee maker. Probably makes more coffee than I could ever drink, so I guess I should be glad mine is smaller.

Looks like you guys enjoyed CP! I'm so glad Becky got to see Pooh and that he liked her magic band!

See there is one good thing about staying off site. You get to see that beautiful WDW sign every single day.

I enjoy the Ferry into MK as well. It is a very relaxing entry for sure.

Early entry... what a great way to start a Disney vacation.

:yay::yay::yay: I found you. We're stlll in Florida (we'll be here on Marco Island until Sunday), but I took a break from the pool and very hot sun and am reading some TR's.

I love your intros. Your girls are precious.

I love taking the ferry; I'm not a monorail fan in general, and the ferry just gets me more excited...just like those precious girls of yours.

:worship::worship::worship: you found my favorite food in all of Disney...the puffed French toast. It's wonderful and it was what took over mostof my plate when we were there last week.

I can't wait to read more (although it may not be until we get home).

I'm here Megan! Joining!

wow, your girls definitely looked ready for that trip to Disney! That is a great picture of them at the front of the boat looking at the Castle getting closer.

I think you get ~15min grace period so that family was probably ok getting their ADR - though they definitely didn't get to experience the empty Main St. which is a key part of getting a pre-opening ADR

Yum! Puffed French Toast - one of my favorites!

Glad Becky was so happy with meeting Pooh and got to show him her Magic Band!

Bummer about service being so slow though. Like you said, it is easier to wake up in Disney than at home ... but I still need me my coffee! :rotfl:

Ahhh Puffed French Toast. Yummy!!! :woohoo:

It was awesome

Sorry to hear that you had slow service that morning, maybe she was just having an off morning like you said. I have been pretty happy when we have eaten breakfast there but I am usually distracted by the kids, characters and of course the puffed french toast to notice if service was slow. :)

Yeah I think it was just an off day, plus it wasn't that busy so I imagine the wait staff was just a little more laid back

Cute pictures of the kids with the characters and I love all the pictures of you in front of the castle on empty main street.

I love empty castle pictures!!:goodvibes It is a great way to remember you were in the park before the masses

That poor dad running down main street. That is not the way you want to see the castle for the 1st time on your first trip but I am sure that they probably made it to the breakfast on time.

I felt bad for him to, I think they fared well though, I guess they know how to prepare better for next trip!

Great start so far. :)

Thanks!

I love the family pictures in front of the castle.

Pictures in front of the castle is always nice, it was a bonus to have pictures in front of an empty castle.

And that is a big coffee maker. Probably makes more coffee than I could ever drink, so I guess I should be glad mine is smaller.

It was huge! And we saw them change the filter and those were massive too! It is a good indicator of just how much coffee they go through!

Looks like you guys enjoyed CP! I'm so glad Becky got to see Pooh and that he liked her magic band!

It was such a great meal, we all enjoyed it so much that we are doing it again in December (also a pre park opening time! :woohoo:)

Joining in!

:welcome: Thanks for reading!

See there is one good thing about staying off site. You get to see that beautiful WDW sign every single day.

I think I was just as excited on the last day as I was on the first driving under Disney World arch :goodvibes

I enjoy the Ferry into MK as well. It is a very relaxing entry for sure.

It is relaxing, plus with the heat you can't beat the breeze that comes with the ferry!

Early entry... what a great way to start a Disney vacation.

Yes it was, we are also starting our first full day in December that way!:cool1:

:yay::yay::yay: I found you. We're stlll in Florida (we'll be here on Marco Island until Sunday), but I took a break from the pool and very hot sun and am reading some TR's.

Lucky you, enjoy the warm weather for the rest of your vacation! I am currently at home doing this :laundy: (well actually avoiding doing that)

I love your intros. Your girls are precious.

Thank you :goodvibes

I love taking the ferry; I'm not a monorail fan in general, and the ferry just gets me more excited...just like those precious girls of yours.

The Ferry just seems more personal, it is nice seeing the MK get closer

:worship::worship::worship: you found my favorite food in all of Disney...the puffed French toast. It's wonderful and it was what took over mostof my plate when we were there last week.

I was really happy I finally got to expirence this, actually this was the whole reason we did breakfast there! I had heard so much about all over the boards and needed to try it myself

I can't wait to read more (although it may not be until we get home).

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!:beach:

I'm here Megan! Joining!

:yay:Thanks for joining Phil!

wow, your girls definitely looked ready for that trip to Disney! That is a great picture of them at the front of the boat looking at the Castle getting closer.

The picture was perfect the closer we got they had to get out of the carriage and when they both turned and looked at the castle I knew I would want a memory of that for a long time.

I think you get ~15min grace period so that family was probably ok getting their ADR - though they definitely didn't get to experience the empty Main St. which is a key part of getting a pre-opening ADR

I know, it is to bad that they had to be in such a rush, hopefully if they have another trip they can at least plan better!

Yum! Puffed French Toast - one of my favorites!

It was awesome I am very happy I experienced it, plus I will be experiencing it again in December :woohoo:

Glad Becky was so happy with meeting Pooh and got to show him her Magic Band!

I think it was the highlight of her day, she has loved Pooh since her first trip down when she was just 18 months old! I actually have a picture of her hugging him and she did not let go of him for about 3 minutes!

Bummer about service being so slow though. Like you said, it is easier to wake up in Disney than at home ... but I still need me my coffee! :rotfl:

Yes Disney helps but coffee is always needed!:coffee:

I agree the puffed french toast looks great. Do you know if they serve it anywhere else besides CP?

I agree the puffed french toast looks great. Do you know if they serve it anywhere else besides CP?

I believe it is only available at Crystal Palace as it is often called Pooh's Puffed French Toast. And trust me it is very yummy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter