• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bon Voyage breakfast - upselling to kids

My child orders for himself, but I would not appreciate a server trying to upsell him. I don't find that respectful.
from the menu the ordered drink only came in one of 2 special cups, server was not upselling just making sure which cup was wanted. so you expect the server to be a mind reader and get the normal cup that mother expected but not listed. normal cup most likely ordered but would have been the special order based on menu

I'm going by the OP.

Who conveniently left out the fact that lemonade is ONLY on the menu as in the extra-charge souvenir cups. It is not listed as an included beverage choice. The OP stated that she went over the menu with the kids. SHE made the error in not telling them what the included beverages were - and that lemonade would have an upcharge.

Maybe we can agree to disagree and stop arguing over a silly cup. To all my fellow Disney lovers - happy holidays to you and yours.

You mean not only this thread, but every other thread on the Disboards? Discussion/argument boards can be like that. :rolleyes:

Happy Holidays!

The converse discussion of this is:

"Can you believe the server at Bon Voyage wasted precious seconds clarifying whether we wanted souvenir cups with our lemonade?! OF COURSE we wanted the souvenir cups, just like the menu says! Gah! It took 30 whole seconds longer to order because they were clarifying something that is written right on the menu! I'm never going there again!"

You KNOW this has happened here in some form or other. :joker::rolleyes1

At Casey’s Corner, when you order a hot dog they will ask you if you want fries or apple slices since those are the options on the menu. There is an option to get it without a side, but that is not in the menu so unless you specify you do not want a side they will ask fries or apples. I see this as being the same situation.

At Casey’s Corner, when you order a hot dog they will ask you if you want fries or apple slices since those are the options on the menu. There is an option to get it without a side, but that is not in the menu so unless you specify you do not want a side they will ask fries or apples. I see this as being the same situation.

Yes, exactly! And when you get a Mickey Pretzel with cheese sauce (yuck) you can ask for it WITHOUT the cheese sauce and save $1. Again, not on the menu, but if you CLARIFY what you want, they will happily oblige!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter