BOG Breakfast Review

LuvMyEAR

DIS Veteran
The day finally arrived for our long-awaited visit to BOG! While it was a thrill to at last walk through the doors, the excellence bag an and ended with the decor, as far as I was concerned. We were handed a menu while we were in line and eventually ushered to a cashier who took our order. Not even a picture of the food was available on our side of the queue. No touch screen, and certainly no pretence of charm. We were given a total and a curt instruction to find a table. Seriously.

While I appreciated being able to select our own spot, telling us which beverages would be brought by a server and which we had to find and pour ourselves would not have been unappreciated. We figured it out and settled in, for the long haul, apparently. After the 15 minute mark, someone took pity on us, and noted that we didn't have any food. He meandered off and returned with the plate of pastries "to tide us over". Yes, his exact words. Slightly prophetic, too. Two others checked our receipt but we never saw our breakfast until we had been there a good 30 minutes. A woman at a nearby table had also had more the enough time to soak up the ambience, and was asking loudly if this was a normal wait.

Finally, food was served. Had I known that the open faced sandwich was a cold dish, I would have opted for something different. Generally, I expect any breakfast item containing bacon and eggs to be served hot. I guess this is not the French way, as when I stated our food was stone cold, I was informed that was how it was supposed to be. uH...ok. We ate our cold bacon and egg sandwiches, which were danged hard to cut, even with real flatware. They were tasty enough, but cold poached eggs are not going to catch on in my family. Had I been serving the same kind of thing at home, it would come hot to the table.

The menu said something about freshly brewed coffee. I guess I was not specific enough to ask for this when I ordered. I got the serve-yourself slop from the industrial urns. Tasted like the Nescrape of old. Yuck and double yuck.

The pastries were ok. Costco stuff. Don't get me wrong, Costco products are just fine and the pastries were definitely a thousand times better than the liquid labelled "coffee"

You are probably getting the idea that I was underwhelmed with this breakfast. Yep. We had counter service at Captain Cooks the previous morning and everything was piping hot, absolutely delicious, and On our table in under 10 minutes. While I won't give them much higher marks on the coffee-coloured beverage at Captain Cooks, the cashiers were cheerful and there was no pretence or expectation that they would do anything more than submit your order and take your payment. But the price was more than fair and I would go back tomorrow. Can't say the same about BOG. CMs were at best indifferent, from the time we checked in until we left, and the food nowhere near worth the $. Considering the limited selections, with no variations permitted, they should have been shoving those cookie-cutter meals onto the tables a lot faster, too.

Yes, I know many will disagree, but this was OUR experience today. I am nothing but delighted for all of you who have enjoyed your meals at BOG and hope that subsequent visits will continue to delight you.

I, for one, appreciate you posting this review. Did they really say it was supposed to be served cold? Can anyone else confirm this? I was going to order this, but I won't if that is the case.

I, for one, appreciate you posting this review. Did they really say it was supposed to be served cold? Can anyone else confirm this? I was going to order this, but I won't if that is the case.
my opened face sandwich was not cold.... I think OP was trying to drive her bad experience across to us. I will agree that we waited longer than we wanted, but the food was great, as were most cm's and atmosphere. We are going back again next year,.

Yes, I actually left our table after a bite or two, tracked down a server and said our meals were cold. He asked what we had ordered and the. He replied that these were cold sandwiches. In our case, I guess he was very accurate -LOL. I was dubious that they were meant to be so, but short of tracking down someone else for a second opinion, there didn't seem much more to do except chalk it up to our own inexperience.

Having heard frominkedupmomma that she had a hot sandwich really doesn't surprise me a lot. I bet the hot version is great! Aside from the gorgeous decor, there was absolutely zero of the Disney feel to BOG for us. CMs everywhere else have ranged from great to absolutely delightful on this trip, so I was surprised to barely find common courtesy in this popular spot. Our reservation was for 9:30 am and perhaps we caught the early shift at the tail end of a gruelling morning.

When we had the breakfast sandwich, the cheese was cold (not melted) but the bacon and eggs were hot.

Sorry but I would not accept cold poached eggs ! yuk...

There is no way a poached egg and bacon sandwich is supposed to be cold. I know you had already waited a long time, but I would have asked for a manager, and if they still said it was supposed to be cold, I'd be asking for something else or my money back. Nowhere on the menu does it say it is a cold sandwich, and that is unacceptable.

In retrospect, I should have asked for a manager, but I didn't so it was my loss in that respect. I am not sorry that we didn't spend any extra time there, as it was not just a pricey dollar-wise, but time-wise as well. Had the coffee been decent, I could have lingered longer without regret, but it is what it is.

Just hoping someone else may learn from our experience, and ensure that they get those sandwiches while they are hot! Funny thing... Those poached eggs actually tasted pretty danged good for being cold. I think that is what had me second guessing the whole temperature thing. I wish I could get that shape and taste in a poached egg at home.

Thank you for posting this review! I was planning to order the same meal at breakfast for our upcoming trip. I would have done the same thing in your situation - I wouldn't have argued if the server insisted it was supposed to be a cold meal. My question now is , how does one get ahold of a manager at BOG? Ask a server, or head over to a cashier/podium? (just in case!)

I had a very similar experiance. My husband and I both ordered the open face sandwich. I ordered mine with no egg. When they arrived to our table they were cold. I didn't mind because I didn't have a egg but my husband was very upset. He asked for it to be warmed and the waitress took it in the back. When she came back it still wasn't very warm. The bread was also rock hard. This was our first meal of the trip and we were very unhappy with it.

Thank you for the heads up! I currently have a 8 am prepark breakfast booked. I might just keep it for the early entry and just split 2 meals and the pastries between the 5 of us. Kids aren't big breakfast eaters.

I, too, had a terrible customer service experience at BOG PPO breakfast back in May. DH and I had hoped that since we were in the "breakfast testing period" that the kinks would be smoothed out by now.

We pre-ordered our food. I paid, got our receipt and we sat. We were not told about getting our own drinks. A curt CM asked to see our receipt, looked at it and left. My son dropped it on the floor so when she came back to see it again, I looked around and said I wasn't sure what happened to it, but that we had preordered so it should all be in my reservation/magic band. she said that wasn't going to work and if i couldn't produce the receipt we weren't getting food. thankfully I found it, handed it to her and she left again. the table next to us, that sat after us, was happily eating their food while we were still waiting. food arrived, 10000% wrong. when i told her it was the wrong food, she told me that I was wrong! I told her that since we are a vegetarian family, it would be a cold day in hell before we ordered meat for breakfast. i also told her we never received our "assortment of pastries". eventually our food arrived, we had to wolf it to make A&E before rope drop and we never received our pastries. I told DH and DD to go ahead, while I marched myself to the podium to complain. We were handed a fast pass that was made out to "royal family" because she didn't retain my name. I got my pastries in a to-go box. it was maybe one of the worst customer experiences of my life. and in the beast's castle....it was kind of devastating as I've always "been Belle" since I was a little girl.

I will say, the food was yummy. I had the gourmet donut thing and i loved it. We returned during that trip for dinner and the food was good, service great and meeting the beast was excellent!

Well our BOG lunch was gross so I dont doubt the breakfast is no better.

Sorry to hear you had an off day. We have eaten 4 different times for lunch on various trips and it was absolutely wonderful experiences each time and the food was great. Think we ordered the braised pork and french onion soup at least 3 times.

Well you guys have convinced me. I have one breakfast and two lunch adrs for our trip in Dec. I'm letting the breakfast go right now and we will try the first lunch and see how it goes. May end up letting the second lunch go too.

We ate there for breakfast Friday as well and had similar issues with service. We ordered breakfast for 5 and initially were only given 1 pastry plate. The table next to us also had 5 and were given two, plus I heard here you get 2 plates for larger parties, so I flagged down a bus boy and asked for another pastry plate and he brought one immediately. We thought the chocolate chip pastry was divine.

Coffee was another issue. The coffee stations were all down at the same time and took an incredibly long time to brew. When they finally came back on, the line was so long that we gave up and had juice instead. They really need more coffee stations for breakfast service.

After 30 minutes our food hadn't arrived so I flagged down the bus boy again and he brought over a manager. The manager had our food to us in 5 minutes and it was all piping hot. I thought the croque Madame was delicious and my kids said their eggs were amazing. I just wish there was more food considering the price of entrees. We were on the dining plan and used 5 credits at BOG. I think we got the same amount of food for 2 credits at our resort's quick service the next day. I'm glad we did it because we really did like the food and the ambiance is incredible, but because of the price we probably wouldn't do it again.

Agree! We have eaten BOG lunch 6 times in the past two trips and tried a variety from their lunch menu. We think it is the best lunch you can get and for a great price in MK. Looking forward to going back.

Breakfast will be a new experience for us.

Sorry to hear you had an off day. We have eaten 4 different times for lunch on various trips and it was absolutely wonderful experiences each time and the food was great. Think we ordered the braised pork and french onion soup at least 3 times.

I have eaten lunch here twice and loved it. My kids on the other hand were not impressed with their steak sandwiches. I got something different. love love love the strawberry cupcake. I was going to do breakfast in February but now I think I will pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter