Bob: Does anyone know what happened?

Well, I did think that it would have sucked for Pete to get the news from CA. Glad he got home first...

I think Kitty just meant that it was nice they didn't have to hear about it from thousands of miles away. Not that there is a good time, but being across the country sure would stink.

You're right. There is never a good time, but at least Pete was around to see Bob before it happened.

Did anyone else notice the timing? It happened after Pete and Walter were back from their westcoast trip.

He waited.....I might start sobbing again...

My great-grandfather had a heart attack in 1991. When he was taken to the hospital, many of his children were with him. My aunt Bobbie told him, "Dad, if you think you should go, go." He died a few miuntes later.

You often hear stories like that, people "waiting" for someone or something. Charles Schulz (creator of the Peanuts) died the morning his last comic strip was printed.

Gawd, I'm crying all over again...

I had to tell my DS11 today about Bawb's passing...I don't know who was crying harder by the time I was done, me or him. I ended up asking him if he remembered his Grandmother telling him that when people went to Heaven they got to spend every day doing what they loved best...I told him that now Bawb was racing around Heaven with a gold plated KahtKam and was telling Walt Disney all about what the parks are like today...That seemed to help a bit as he had been sobbing his heart out...you see, Bawb was his absolute favourite...he was the only one DS knew by name (the others were "the husband and wife", "the boss", and "the food guys"...actually he nicknamed Kevin Mr. Picky)

Bawb was his absolute favourite...he was the only one DS knew by name (the others were "the husband and wife", "the boss", and "the food guys"...actually he nicknamed Kevin Mr. Picky)

Thanks for that little giggle... I needed it!!

Bawb was his absolute favourite...he was the only one DS knew by name (the others were "the husband and wife", "the boss", and "the food guys"...actually he nicknamed Kevin Mr. Picky)

LOL!!!!!:lmao:

I needed that.:goodvibes

He waited.....I might start sobbing again...

My great-grandfather had a heart attack in 1991. When he was taken to the hospital, many of his children were with him. My aunt Bobbie told him, "Dad, if you think you should go, go." He died a few miuntes later.

You often hear stories like that, people "waiting" for someone or something. Charles Schulz (creator of the Peanuts) died the morning his last comic strip was printed.

So this was a heart attack that caused his death?

So this was a heart attack that caused his death?
They haven't said. From the info we have, it sounds like it. But I think that we should just wait for the information, should they choose to share that with us.

IMO, it doesn't matter how people die. The loss is the same. :(

I have been wondering the answer to this question as well. But I understand if they don't want to release the information and they may not even know.

I have been wondering the answer to this question as well. But I understand if they don't want to release the information and they may not even know.

I feel like it's part of the healing process - knowing what caused the death. I don't like to speculate but it sounds like a heart attack. We've had those in my family and usually begins with an overall feeling of malaise and feeling sick, out of the blue.

We are not being intentionally vague or withholding information.

The truth is that we just dont have the information as of yet.

We have shared the details as we know them.

Bob called us early Monday morning to let us know that he didnt think he would make the podcast as he felt he had food poisoning.

Diana had come home from work earl in the day to bring him Gatorade.

I spoke with him at 10:07 (according to my cell phone record) to check on him. He said he was feeling better and that he had had some Gatorade and toast.

I tried calling again at 12:00 but there was no answer. We assumed he was napping.

We got a call at 5:15 with a very garbled version of the bad news and called Diana to see what was going on. We found out that it was terribly true.

These are the details as we know them.

When new information is available, and Diana and Brian feel comfortable with us sharing that information, we will certainly let you know.

Other than the above facts, anything else is speculation and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that at this point.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin,

Let me be the first to thank you for posting back. I can't imagine anyone expects you are intentionally withholding information, I think everyone is just very interested to know what happened after such a shock. I'm sure you and the others are in that same boat.

Prayers and best wishes for this weekend's events.

Bob called us early Monday morning to let us know that he didnt think he would make the podcast as he felt he had food poisoning.

I spoke with him at 10:07 (according to my cell phone record) to check on him. He said he was feeling better and that he had had some Gatorade and toast.

I tried calling again at 12:00 but there was no answer. We assumed he was napping.

We got a call at 5:15 with a very garbled version of the bad news and called Diana to see what was going on. We found out that it was terribly true.

When new information is available, and Diana and Brian feel comfortable with us sharing that information, we will certainly let you know.

Other than the above facts, anything else is speculation and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that at this point.

Thanks,
Kevin

Thank you for checking in Kevin, I hope you are coping ok.
God speed to healing your heart.

Amy

Yes, thank you for answering, Kevin. I hope you and everyone close to Bob are finding comfort somehow.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin, Please don't feel like you owe us any explanation. We have been here because we care about you all, that is what friends do.
Take care, Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter