Boardwalk refurbishment ?

minnie56

DIS Veteran
We're heading to Disney at the end of January .. right now I am booked at AKL and BW
Night and day I know
Love AKL but it's so darn far away feeling ... also love Boardwalk but wondering how much construction going on might affect our stay. Anyone there or having been there recently?

Much thanks!

We just stayed in a BW view DVC studio for a couple nights last week …we were on the 4th floor and work was still going on past room 4029 … lots of work out front as well … heard some starting at about 0530 but most work didn’t start until around 730 and went on until about 5 or 6 … we were not bothered by any of it much but admittedly didn’t spend a lot of time at the resort

We just stayed in a BW view DVC studio for a couple nights last week …we were on the 4th floor and work was still going on past room 4029 … lots of work out front as well … heard some starting at about 0530 but most work didn’t start until around 730 and went on until about 5 or 6 … we were not bothered by any of it much but admittedly didn’t spend a lot of time at the resort

thank you 😊

In terms of AKL, I had always heard that it's "so far away", but we stayed there last year and I can honestly say, we did not have any trouble getting to any park or DS in a timely manner. We were really happy to have stayed there...it is really a beautiful resort. ...and great restaurants and CMs!

In terms of AKL, I had always heard that it's "so far away", but we stayed there last year and I can honestly say, we did not have any trouble getting to any park or DS in a timely manner. We were really happy to have stayed there...it is really a beautiful resort. ...and great restaurants and CMs!
Same experience with the buses … longest trip was to MK about 15 minutes …

Same experience with the buses … longest trip was to MK about 15 minutes …
Yea ive never been, but I always assumed AKL was the oddball (furthest away) but someone pointed out that Magic Kingdom is kind of the oddball from the other 3, which is great.

I really love AKL but I find there’s nothing but the firepit lol happening in the evening and parks close earlier in January …so whats to do?

I really love AKL but I find there’s nothing but the firepit lol happening in the evening and parks close earlier in January …so whats to do?
Hop over to extended evening hours (that’s my plan when available) or maybe you could go to Disney springs if you’re looking for nightlife.?
Personally the fire pit sounds better. :)

We just left the Boardwalk the only visible construction we saw on the inn side was the cake bake shop. I would stay at boardwalk over aKL just for ease of access to 2 parks. aKL is just too far away from everything for us

We're at Boardwalk Villas in a refurbished 2 bedroom unit. Very nicely done, a little generic but still beautiful. My daughter and her husband are in the main bedroom and pointed out that the curtains don't cover the entire window. I'm not sure if this was always the case, I've only stayed in a 1 bedroom once. There is a 3 inch or so gap of exposed window where the curtains end. I think this would bother me in the summer when the sun is up early. The rest of the room is great, and we have a fantastic view, note spaceship earth through the gap. Hmmm. We had no problem getting our rooom on time though-room 4011/4013
h'20240114_223658.jpg

Last edited:
We're at Boardwalk Villas in a refurbished 2 bedroom unit. Very nicely done, a little generic but still beautiful. My daughter and her husband are in the main bedroom and pointed out that the curtains don't cover the entire window. I'm not sure if this was always the case, I've only stayed in a 1 bedroom once. There is a 3 inch or so gap of exposed window where the curtains end. I think this would bother me in the summer when the sun is up early. The rest of the room is great, and we have a fantastic view, note spaceship earth through the gap. Hmmm. We had no problem getting our rooom on time though-room 4011/4013
h'View attachment 825917
I would show this photo to the front desk. As a BWV owner who has first dibs on that bedroom, I find it unacceptable. I would email MS too, attaching the photo. If the drapes were measured incorrectly and are too short, they need to fix it, and whoever measured needs to pay for the correction.

I would show this photo to the front desk. As a BWV owner who has first dibs on that bedroom, I find it unacceptable. I would email MS too, attaching the photo. If the drapes were measured incorrectly and are too short, they need to fix it, and whoever measured needs to pay for the correction.
It definitely needs to be fixed, but if i'm seeing it right, it looks like the curtain rod has no where to go, so they need to rework that whole corner, so a new (possibly longer rod), & then a wider, & also shorter curtain, you can see it is almost dragging on the ground now so if they lower the rod to clear the edge of the ceiling, the curtain length would drag.

It definitely needs to be fixed, but if i'm seeing it right, it looks like the curtain rod has no where to go, so they need to rework that whole corner, so a new (possibly longer rod), & then a wider, & also shorter curtain, you can see it is almost dragging on the ground now so if they lower the rod to clear the edge of the ceiling, the curtain length would drag.
You’re right - I didn’t look at the details in that corner. That’s definitely poor design! I don’t remember seeing a soffit there in any of the main BRs we’ve stayed in - now I’ll be checking photos of other BWV main BRs to see if they’re the same!

exactly, the ceiling framework stops the curtain rod from going all the way across. The one bedroom is 4011. I'll point it out to the front desk. There might be a structural issue there. The kids checked out the floors below from the outside, they said it seemed like our floor is the only one that has the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter