• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk pizza- price increase and no large pizza (on menu as option) anymore…

I just did a mobile order at the BW Pizza window and there were large pizzas for 22.99 plus tax. No salads or desserts. I was glad to see the mobile ordering was back. Could it have been a temporary supply issue?

I just did a mobile order at the BW Pizza window and there were large pizzas for 22.99 plus tax. No salads or desserts. I was glad to see the mobile ordering was back. Could it have been a temporary supply issue?
They didn’t allow us to do mobile ordering last week.

Yay! The lack of demand, perhaps, caused them to switch back to letting ppl order a large pie????

They didn’t allow us to do mobile ordering last week.

Yay! The lack of demand, perhaps, caused them to switch back to letting ppl order a large pie????
Bet the mobile order would have had the large pizza too. Suspect you simply encountered a rogue CM. They happen all the time for whatever reason. Having a bad day? Who knows. Maybe the one working that day didn’t want to make as many whole pizzas? Maybe they were shorter dough so they made up the no more large pizza story. I do think it was never changed just temp for some reason. I’m here now too with a room looking the pizza window and have seen a constant stream on large pizzas leaving

Bet the mobile order would have had the large pizza too. Suspect you simply encountered a rogue CM. They happen all the time for whatever reason. Having a bad day? Who knows. Maybe the one working that day didn’t want to make as many whole pizzas? Maybe they were shorter dough so they made up the no more large pizza story. I do think it was never changed just temp for some reason. I’m here now too with a room looking the pizza window and have seen a constant stream on large pizzas leaving
We were at BWI June 21-26. There was no option for a large pizza either on mobile order or at the window. Maybe it was a temporary issue but it did happen. Glad the large pizzas are back.

Unfortunately, The boardwalk pizza location was useless for us last summer when we stayed at the boardwalk. It was so busy all the time that the wait for pizzas was ridiculous like 60 to 90 minutes at minimum. They really need to add capacity at this location to make it more useful to the guest staying in at area. It is super popular.

Dan

I don't know if you're from a place that has at least decent pizza, but Flippers was far and away the #1 recommended pizza place to try down there and it was...not "bad" per se, but definitely something I ate one slice of and am set for a few lifetimes. It'd be like if someone from another country came to visit the US and asked for some good Italian and you recommended Olive Garden.

I'm a local and I don't think you will find a better pizza in that area of town than Flipper's

The pizza window is back to no large pies and only slices for $9 again..at least this week. It would cost over $54 for my family to each get 2 slices...sorry but...no... i asked and they said only slices. We went to Ale & Compass instead. Had a really nice meal.

The pizza window is back to no large pies and only slices for $9 again..at least this week. It would cost over $54 for my family to each get 2 slices...sorry but...no... i asked and they said only slices. We went to Ale & Compass instead. Had a really nice meal.

I'd imagine they would have less disappointed customers if they either took it off the menu permanently or kept it on permanently, as it's got to be annoying to plan on it for a family dinner only to find out you're in an "off week".

I'd imagine they would have less disappointed customers if they either took it off the menu permanently or kept it on permanently, as it's got to be annoying to plan on it for a family dinner only to find out you're in an "off week".
Definitely agree. We were just gonna do the pizza and salad for a quick dinner..oh well.

You are better off at Ale & Compass anyways. Much better food and to be honest, not badly priced. Some of their apps are meal worthy.

Yes! It was really good food..we definitely thought it was worth it for sure. Will be going again in a couple days!
You are better off at Ale & Compass anyways. Much better food and to be honest, not badly priced. Some of their apps are meal worthy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter