• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Card Use

Omoreno

Earning My Ears
Hi! I have a trip in January planned, and I am bringing my husbands family whom lives with us. Since we are all under one household in one room can we all use my blue card for discounts or would I have to pay for everything? The blue card is in my name, but they’re apart of my house hold.

For example, if we go to dinner and split a check with his mother will both checks receive the DVC discount?

Also, when the Disney dining plan was active. Did DVC members get 10% off.

Currently weighing the options which would be better IF/WHEN the dining plan comes back.

Not sure about applying the discount across split checks because I have never tried.

But to answer your question about the dining plan- DVC members pay the full price for the dining plan (no discount). We like the dining plan because we take advantage of the alcoholic beverage choices which usually cost an arm and a leg. For us, we determined we saved money with the dining plan.

But in 2019/2020 we purchased Tables in Wonderland which is by far the best discount on property. They aren't selling it right now- but really hope it comes back! If you spend enough time in a year at WDW drinking and eating, its just unbeatable!

The policy is that the individual named on the membership card is supposed to pay for the merchandise or meal in order for any applicable discount to be extended.

Not sure about applying the discount across split checks because I have never tried.

But to answer your question about the dining plan- DVC members pay the full price for the dining plan (no discount). We like the dining plan because we take advantage of the alcoholic beverage choices which usually cost an arm and a leg. For us, we determined we saved money with the dining plan.

But in 2019/2020 we purchased Tables in Wonderland which is by far the best discount on property. They aren't selling it right now- but really hope it comes back! If you spend enough time in a year at WDW drinking and eating, its just unbeatable!

Thanks! We’ve heard mixed reviews on the dining plan but when I added up what we would spend without it it was well over 1000 for 2 people, so i think it would be worth it! Thanks for the tip!

Hi! I have a trip in January planned, and I am bringing my husbands family whom lives with us. Since we are all under one household in one room can we all use my blue card for discounts or would I have to pay for everything? The blue card is in my name, but they’re apart of my house hold.

For example, if we go to dinner and split a check with his mother will both checks receive the DVC discount?
The Blue Card DVC owner would need to pay the check - be prepared to show matching ID (dining/merch discounts are only for those listed on the contract). You might get someone who is new or doesn't care, but i wouldn't plan on it.
You do have other options: you can pay the entire bill, & they can reimburse you via Zelle, Venmo, etc. Or you can charge it to your Magic Band, & they can apply the cost of their meal toward your room acct at the Front Desk. Or, they can buy a Gift Card, & you pay their balance with it.

My wife and I are members. We were out to dinner last week with friends who are also members.
When we split the check the server asked to see our DVC card and our friends DVC card.

The Blue Card DVC owner would need to pay the check - be prepared to show matching ID (dining/merch discounts are only for those listed on the contract). You might get someone who is new or doesn't care, but i wouldn't plan on it.
You do have other options: you can pay the entire bill, & they can reimburse you via Zelle, Venmo, etc. Or you can charge it to your Magic Band, & they can apply the cost of their meal toward your room acct at the Front Desk. Or, they can buy a Gift Card, & you pay their balance with it.
Thanks this is helpful! We definitely figured this, but it never hurts to help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter