Blue Bayou

We ate there Saturday night...and finally scored a table on the bayou :thumbsup2

The salad has a sherry vinagrette, but ranch is also available. The gumbo was pretty good, too. Since the salad has bleu cheese crumbles, my hubby wouldn't eat his...so I got both :banana:

I had the filet medium with blue bayou potatoes...really, really tasty. The ice cream cookie dessert was also wonderful. Yes, it was expensive, but it's not like it has ever been cheap :p

Probably the best meal we've ever eaten there, and I can't wait to eat there again :goodvibes

Thank you for posting the menu, I finally got the family to agree to go! I can't wait, I've read so much about the BB and have always wanted to go. For the rest of the family DL is all about the rides, for me it's the food! :banana:

I really, really want a table next to the water, would it help to request this when making the reservations?

Dis Ohana said:
I really, really want a table next to the water, would it help to request this when making the reservations?

Yes, you could ask them to make a note of that when making your reservation. I'm not sure if it will guarantee it, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Good luck! :goodvibes

Ginarella said:
Oh!!! Cool!! I better make reservations for my Birthday!! pirate:

That's great! I hope you can share your dining experience with us! I'm curious to know how the food tastes! :goodvibes

Here are some more dessert pictures courtesy of MOUSE PLANET.COM

BayouCremeBrule_62106_AVP.jpg

BayouCookieBoat_62106_AVP.jpg

BayouKeyLime_62106_AVP.jpg

MamaKate said:
Here are some more dessert pictures courtesy of MOUSE PLANET.COM

BayouCremeBrule_62106_AVP.jpg

BayouCookieBoat_62106_AVP.jpg

BayouKeyLime_62106_AVP.jpg

:love: Those photos are making me hungry! Now I crave Blue Bayou!! LOL! That edible pirate ship looks awesome! The creme brulee looks heavenly!

Ooooohhhhh those desserts look so good! :banana: Has anyone had a meal there that they could report on?

I've eaten there many times before the refurb. The last time was the day before they closed. I've ordered the same thing every time...the Monte Cristo!! We have also had the Vanilla Crème Brule a few times. Everything has always been great and I love the Monte Cristo so much I've never been tempted to try anything else.
They serve the MC at Cafe Orleans now and we checked it out a week ago. The sandwich is the same but the atmosphere just isn't. I can't wait to go back to BB.

We at there on Monday & rode the Pirates on Tuesday (4th of July). My daughter & I split the jambalaya plate, and my cousin & her daughter split the prime rib plate. I forget what her husband got -- all of us enjoyed our food. It was delicious! For dessert, my cousin Lisa & I got the creme brulee trio & the treasure chest. My daughter & cousin Shawn got the cookie boat (he kept laughing everytime our waiter said cookie boat). The dessert was so delicious! The sail on the pirate ship & the treasure chest are edible, but they don't taste good. The almond cookies inside the pirate ship were good, though.

We also got to keep our menu, which was laminated. It was a very enjoyable meal, especially since we got to sit waterside. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter