BLT vs. CBR

Mom2Kids2003

Mouseketeer
My hubby and I are doing an adult only trip in June. We currently have our first two nights booked at CBR, but a studio at BLT just opened for not a huge price increase and we are considering moving there. We haven't stayed at either of these resorts, so we're just looking for some insight from folks who have. We don't have a park day planned for the beginning of our trip. We'll be moving to Riviera and doing Epcot after the initial first two nights. Thanks for your help!

I would do BLT. Monorail around the resorts, you could get off and have drinks, pool and restaurant situations are better. You also will be able to see the fireworks and electric water pagent in that area. I think the only upside at CBR (for me personally) would be the skyliner access that could take you over to the boardwalk, which has nice dining and some entertainment but realistically you can catch a bus from Magic Kingdom to one of the boardwalk resorts to do that also. There is just something I do not "love" about CBR and never was able to put my finger on it.

That depends on what you planning on doing? If you plan to spend time at Disney Springs for Dinner CBR is a faster bus ride. If you plan on eating or would like to eat at one of the MK resorts nothing can be easier than being on the monorail. As far as resorts I am not a big fan of either CBR is huge and walking to the main building can be an adventure. BLT has not much in the way of things to do. Personally I would see the pricing at AKL or WL for resort only stays. GF and Poly are on the list as well but the prices may be a lot higher. Forced to choose I would likely stay at CBR as BLT is very similar to RIV in the fact that the transportation is good but having the ability to enjoy outside amenities is lacking. I can think of no better way of spending some time on a resort day but on a bench or swing with a view…. Although BLT does have a very small beach that had some chairs at one time not sure if they are still there or not…. Great way to watch the Water Parade.

My hubby and I are doing an adult only trip in June. We currently have our first two nights booked at CBR, but a studio at BLT just opened for not a huge price increase and we are considering moving there. We haven't stayed at either of these resorts, so we're just looking for some insight from folks who have. We don't have a park day planned for the beginning of our trip. We'll be moving to Riviera and doing Epcot after the initial first two nights. Thanks for your help!
If you'll be at MK, I would do BLT over CBR. CBR would be a good cost save alternative to your nights at RIV given the skyliner access to Epcot but comparing BLT to CBR, I'd only choose BLT if you'll be at MK more or have plans to monorail hop and enjoy the other resorts.

Outside of your park plans, I'm not a huge fan of either resort but all things considered, I'd go with BLT if it's not much more $. CBR has some dated, tired looking rooms, it's a really large resort so unless you are in a preferred room or Aruba/Jamaica, you'll be a bit of a walk to lobby and possibly skyliner. The only rooms that are newly refurbed at CBR are the new little mermaid section, formerly the pirate rooms, and those might as well be off property they're so far away lol.

BLT has walkability to MK, monorail access at CR, MK fireworks views, better dining options and deluxe amenities.

I would do it. it gets you in a different area for your trip. You could do a Monorail Drink crawl.

BLT hands down. Deluxe, can see MK fireworks, monorail to GF and Poly (Trader Sams!), walk to the launch to Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness, etc.

Rivera will be your Epcot Area/Skyliner resort. Unless you specifically have plans at Boardwalk, Y&BC, or S&D, I can't see much reason to stay in two resorts that directly abut each other in a split stay.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter