BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

We plan on staying at BLT for the first time in July for 8-10 nights!! We are really excited especially because we were able to snag a Standard View Deluxe Studio here! I thought those were pretty much only possible for BLT owners. Any advice on room requests? I've really love to be able to get a view with the monorail of some sort or of the Contemporary. Are there many of those for Standard View Studios? I know it would help to have Theme Park View but even a low floor Standard I'd think might have a monorail view out the window.

Also any advice for a first time BLT or Contemporary stayer? :) We stayed at CCV and BCV as our first DVC stay. I've never stayed on the Monorail loop but Love riding the monorails and visiting those resorts!

We plan on staying at BLT for the first time in July for 8-10 nights!! We are really excited especially because we were able to snag a Standard View Deluxe Studio here! I thought those were pretty much only possible for BLT owners. Any advice on room requests? I've really love to be able to get a view with the monorail of some sort or of the Contemporary. Are there many of those for Standard View Studios? I know it would help to have Theme Park View but even a low floor Standard I'd think might have a monorail view out the window.

Also any advice for a first time BLT or Contemporary stayer? :) We stayed at CCV and BCV as our first DVC stay. I've never stayed on the Monorail loop but Love riding the monorails and visiting those resorts!

Yes, there are standard view studios that look straight out towards the monorail. Be aware they will also be looking right out at the parking lot too just like MK view rooms look over the parking lot. I'd just put in a request for a room facing the monorail, even numbered. That's redundant but it's how I'd word it.

Yes, there are standard view studios that look straight out towards the monorail. Be aware they will also be looking right out at the parking lot too just like MK view rooms look over the parking lot. I'd just put in a request for a room facing the monorail, even numbered. That's redundant but it's how I'd word it.
Okay we will do that! I don't mind parking lot views honestly if they show something else nice too :)

Hello, we just booked a 3 bedroom grand villa at BLT for August. We have a lake view room. Wondering about the conditions of the room. I did not request a room, is there one in particular I should have asked for? I am guessing all the grand villas are on the 15th floor. Can't wait until August gets here. Thank you in advance for any comments.

Hello, we just booked a 3 bedroom grand villa at BLT for August. We have a lake view room. Wondering about the conditions of the room. I did not request a room, is there one in particular I should have asked for? I am guessing all the grand villas are on the 15th floor. Can't wait until August gets here. Thank you in advance for any comments.

BLT had a soft goods refurb perhaps 2 years ago? The condition should be fine. I haven't stayed in a GV there so will leave that to others.

our Fave 2 bedroom view is any of the higher floors ending in 44 so for us if we had a preference it would be for 8544 South Tower for a 3 Bed Villa

Not sure if you can see any of MK from 8512?????

For anyone that has traveled to BLT recently, at least since Covid kicked in, can you tell me if bell services was helping with luggage upon arrival/departure? Or do they provide you a cart at least to manage your luggage yourself?

For anyone that has traveled to BLT recently, at least since Covid kicked in, can you tell me if bell services was helping with luggage upon arrival/departure? Or do they provide you a cart at least to manage your luggage yourself?

Yes, Bell Services will help with luggage and grocery delivery.

Yes, Bell Services will help with luggage and grocery delivery.
Thank you! Have you been recently? I am posting this based on some recent posts of WL not providing bell services recently. Just thinking ahead as we will pack lighter if we have to haul all that stuff ourselves:rotfl2:

Thank you! Have you been recently? I am posting this based on some recent posts of WL not providing bell services recently. Just thinking ahead as we will pack lighter if we have to haul all that stuff ourselves:rotfl2:

I was there in November!

We are staying in BLT in June 2021 and are planning on renting a car. What is the most reasonable priced grocery store?

Publix or Walmart are your best bets. We had Walmart delivery, and it was less expensive than Instacart for the same or similar items, and they had a reasonable delivery fee, plus they give you 1 hour windows of time for when they will deliver your groceries. It worked out really well.

Both Publix and Walmart also have Disney souvenirs that are less expensive than similar items sold in the parks, so if you go in person, check out what they have there!

HI. I just wanted to put in a little recommendation for the wonderful gas/station mini mart near the MK parking lot. It used to be Hess and now I believe it is Speedway. We are always amazed at how much stuff they carry, and really how reasonable the prices are. It's open late too -- maybe even 24 hours? We always stop there. They carry water in cases, soda and beer, orange juice and bottled juices. Milk in gallons and half gallons. They have all sorts of snacks foods in single serve and family-size bags. They have fresh donuts, bagels, muffins. They carry hot foods too -- soups, hot dogs, and pizza. We always carry out a pizza one night for dinner -- they will make you a fresh one in fifteen minutes -- and its a meal under $10 and that's just sort of a family tradition we do. The pizza counter also makes sandwiches. They have ice cream items and machines with smoothies. Sometimes we don't even bother going to a grocery store; we just hit the mini mart. Note that there is also one in front of the turn to Boardwalk/Beach Club but it is tiny and has way less stock.

Are they in Orlando?
Yes. There are several options. The closest Walmart that I know of is 17 minutes away from BLT at 16313 New Independence Parkway. The closest Publix is 10 minutes away at Lakeside Village Center. If you check google maps, you can see the locations.

We are doing a split Universal/Disney trip in May and will be checking out of our Universal hotel on a Wednesday before 11:00 and transferring to BLT for our first stay. From your experience, is it possible our villa will be available before 4:00? With it being mid-week, would it be more likely the room would be ready early?

Our trip is fast approaching and I’m still so confused as to which room view I should ask for at BLT. We have never stayed at BLT, but we were upgraded to a Lake View, dedicated 2 bedroom villa. I am confused by the maps on p. 1 of this thread and inner vs. outer. On the map showing dedicated 2 BR villas in the peach color, it looks like Outer Villas are North Facing Bay Lake #02 and #12, then South Facing Contemporary #44 are the only Lake View dedicated 2 BR. The Inner Villas are South #41, Center #29 & #17, then North #5.

We have already requested a high floor. We would like a good view of the lake, and to be able to see the Electric Water Pageant from our room.

My question is, and what I'm confused by, what views do you have from the Outer Villas vs. the Inner Villas?

I've had people recommend the North view, even numbers, and others say the South view, even numbers.

What are your favorite 2 BR lake views in order to see the lake and the EWP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter