BLT Room advice

TigBaby

New to DVC
My family is staying at BLT in a 2Br lock off with a theme park view in June 2014. We are celebrating my nephew's first trip to Disney (he'll be 27 months), and I want it to be extra special. Do you have any advice on what to ask for, in the way of a great view? Is it even possible to ask for anything? I'm grateful for all advice.

The only thing I ask for in theme park view is high floor. There are only a few sets of rooms on each floor that are available as theme park views. You will be on at least the 6th floor.

We did the theme park view last year and requested it again this year. Our youngest was 14 months last year and will be just over 2 this year - and she (along with our older two) reeeally enjoyed watching the fireworks over Cindy's Castle each night! It was wonderful to come home, give the kids baths and get them into comfy jammies and watch the f'works from the privacy of our balcony or large picture window. ::yes::

Also, you can see the monorail go by in the daytime. Kinda fun for the little ones. :-)

Lastly, we prefer the 5th floor (I'm pretty sure we were on the 5th floor - now I'm second guessing myself) as it's on the same level as the food court, souvenir stores and Chef Mickey's. We still had a fabulous theme park view (could see Cindy's Castle, monorail + Space Mountain) and a great view of the fireworks at night. :goodvibes

We did the theme park view last year and requested it again this year. Our youngest was 14 months last year and will be just over 2 this year - and she (along with our older two) reeeally enjoyed watching the fireworks over Cindy's Castle each night! It was wonderful to come home, give the kids baths and get them into comfy jammies and watch the f'works from the privacy of our balcony or large picture window. ::yes::

Also, you can see the monorail go by in the daytime. Kinda fun for the little ones. :-)

Lastly, we prefer the 5th floor (I'm pretty sure we were on the 5th floor - now I'm second guessing myself) as it's on the same level as the food court, souvenir stores and Chef Mickey's. We still had a fabulous theme park view (could see Cindy's Castle, monorail + Space Mountain) and a great view of the fireworks at night. :goodvibes

Last year the theme park views included the 5th floor but I am fairly sure the rooms moved to standard from theme park included the 3rd, 4th, and 5th floor. They reclassified a number of rooms starting Jan 1 of this year. Theme park view is a booking category not a request.

5th floor is where TP view now starts. They converted third and fourth to standard. Personal view is that 5th floor is still too low to be high point cost theme park view and way too much of the ugly parking lot view. For OP, the one request to make is high floor.

5th floor is where TP view now starts. They converted third and fourth to standard. Personal view is that 5th floor is still too low to be high point cost theme park view and way too much of the ugly parking lot view. For OP, the one request to make is high floor.

5th floor is super convenient, especially pushing a stroller ...just walk to Chef Mickeys or Contempo Cafe, and only take the escalator to the monorail...I would prefer 5th floor over 6th or 7th but 8th would start to get a better view.

We stayed in 5th floor even room in November and we had a great view of the castle and fireworks without having to use more points. Sad that the 5th floor is now considered TP though.

OP- definitely request high floor and since you will have young kids close to the elevator.

Can I ask where you get the information about what rooms are considered what? We were at BLT this past April and stayed in a 2 bedroom lock off. We paid (used our points) for a theme park view and were on the 4th Floor. I questioned the location when we checked in and they insisted it was theme park view but every single post I see on the boards has it listed as a standard view. If it is really a standard view who do I call to get my point back!! Thanks!

I was wondering when they converted. Just checked in and disappointed standard view rooms only available to 3rd floor. We had previously got standard view around 5-6 floor.

Last year the theme park views included the 5th floor but I am fairly sure the rooms moved to standard from theme park included the 3rd, 4th, and 5th floor. They reclassified a number of rooms starting Jan 1 of this year. Theme park view is a booking category not a request.

I misspoke. When I said "requested", I meant I asked if it was available and paid up for it when it was. ;)

5th floor is super convenient, especially pushing a stroller ...just walk to Chef Mickeys or Contempo Cafe, and only take the escalator to the monorail...I would prefer 5th floor over 6th or 7th but 8th would start to get a better view.

This is precisely why we LOVE the 5th floor! :thumbsup2

I was wondering when they converted. Just checked in and disappointed standard view rooms only available to 3rd floor. We had previously got standard view around 5-6 floor.

See the link to the room map in AmyB2006's post above. The theme park view rooms, all of which are in the front of the building now start on the 5th fl. Prior to 2013, they were also the third and fourth floors in that area. The rooms on those floors are now standard view. There are, as the room map shows, some standard view rooms in the resort that are as high as fifth fl. If you actually previously got 5th or 6th fl right in front of the building as standard view, then someone gave you a TP view room by mistake or because of overbooking standard or a standard was otherwise not available when you were assigned a room.

See the link to the room map in AmyB2006's post above. The theme park view rooms, all of which are in the front of the building now start on the 5th fl. Prior to 2013, they were also the third and fourth floors in that area. The rooms on those floors are now standard view. There are, as the room map shows, some standard view rooms in the resort that are as high as fifth fl. If you actually previously got 5th or 6th fl right in front of the building as standard view, then someone gave you a TP view room by mistake or because of overbooking standard or a standard was otherwise not available when you were assigned a room.

This was one of my original questions also. I read the room maps but who said they were true, were they from disney or just an educated guess based on trip reports. We stayed 4th floor and used points for a theme park view. Everyone at disney said it was a theme park view room but the map is saying it is a standard view. If that room map is "official" then I have a huge issue as the room has about an 80 point difference.

KarenR122 said:
This was one of my original questions also. I read the room maps but who said they were true, were they from disney or just an educated guess based on trip reports. We stayed 4th floor and used points for a theme park view. Everyone at disney said it was a theme park view room but the map is saying it is a standard view. If that room map is "official" then I have a huge issue as the room has about an 80 point difference.

I stayed at BLT standard view in June & my room was on the 3rd floor. I asked at check-in if there were any sv rooms on a hire floor & the CM said 3rd is the highest for sv. We did love our room & could see fireworks at night. Only complaint was there should be sheer curtains for sv rooms.

high floor north side

I agree.

Theme park view rooms closer to the North elevator (away from Contemporary) have a more straight on view to MK. We were in the studio on the side closer to Contemporary. The view was fine, but we did have to be close to the railing to see all the fireworks.

It's a Theme Park View so pretty much just High Floor.

TP rooms closer to North elevators have a more straight on view to MK. Our TP room was near the Contemporary and we had to go out onto the balcony to see MK. The pictures we have seen from the rooms closer to the North elevators have a good MK view from inside the rooms.

However, given a choice between close to North elevators or high floor, I would choose high floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter