Blizzard Beach Rope Drop Strategy? / General Questions

I think you're overestimating rope drop at BB. There's really nothing to it.
Unless HUNDREDS(if not THOUSANDS) of The 15s are Rope Dropping "with" you!!!!lol:)

43636115182_817767b6c3_h.jpg

We did rope drop at both water parks in May. BB opened about 5 minutes or so early and Typhoon Lagoon actually opened a few late. Both times I would say we were in line to get in with roughly 100 people or so but there are so many paths that you don't feel rushed/pushed.
It definitely felt more crowded (clustered) at Typhoon Lagoon at opening.

I've never seen the spinners at either park to dry clothing,..I feel you may be overthinking this a bit; it's really not that stressful :) Just do what you would normally do at your local water park.

Thanks! Is this THE AJ Wolfe from Disney Food Blog?!?!? Love your tips.

Anyway, I wanted to follow up to thank everyone for their tips.

It turns out that the locker rooms do have showers, and wall mounted soap. No spinners, but the heat helped to dry our clothes quickly.

It is a common tip to prepare for a WDW vacation by taking hikes to get your body ready for the amount of walking you do in the park. We walked about 9.5mi/day for the time we were there. But my add on is that if you're going to a water park, try to add some elevation to your walks. We had a 5.5mi hike with ~900ft elevation gain. We were in great shape to climb the stairs at Blizzard Beach.

I wanted to share a very educational / entertaining video from Mark Rober. He is a former NASA astronaut and he does a good job of making science accessible to a very wide audience. Here is a video to help motivate you to shower. ;)

And one more to show your kids as to why you don't want them to play carnival games:

We were just there last Tuesday.

They let you in early but to the bridge and it was roped off. There were maybe 5 feet of people, maybe 10 is more like it.

We rented a polar patio, what a splurge and I’d do it again! My kids wanted to stay all day and I knew my dh would get tired sitting there in the sun if I didn’t get him a shady spot.

We got to walk in and get settled before the park was open. As soon as it opened we could leave our “home” for the day and that is when we saw people running. Not sure what for but maybe spots in the shaded huts that I saw?

We went up the chair lift and forgot about them after. We had a locker in our pat so we didn’t need to worry about that.

A few years ago we went to TL and my sister got a locker but after we found a place to sit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter