Blizzard Beach Rope Drop Strategy? / General Questions

b52hbuff

Mouseketeer
TL;DR

1. Are locker prices as listed, or are there additional taxes/charges on the $10/$15 price?
  2. Which locker location (Frostbite Freedy's / Tike's Peak) is more efficient during morning rope drop?
  3. Do showers have soap? Are they just "rinse-off" showers?

Fellow DISBoarders,
I want to thank everyone for all of the wisdom you all have collectively imparted to me. Your advice has really helped make our trip planning better and stress free.

Now I need your help with planning a good BB rope drop strategy. I've looked around here, as well as several other sites, and I haven't found anything very detailed. TouringPlans has videos for everything but the water parks. Here is what they have on BB:
https://touringplans.com/blizzard-beach

I admit it is a great first start, but I want more detailed information to help me maximize my time and minimize my stress.

My first question is what are tips regarding lockers? Here is what I figured out so far…

Bring a credit card or Disney Gift Card to rent the locker. We _could_ use a MagicBand, but it means an extra stop at Snowless Joe's or Beach Haus to get a temporary code.

Here is the link to the locker rental page:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/locker-rentals/

I plan to pre-load a Disney Gift card. Is the locker charge $10/$15, or is there some additional tax on locker rental?

Here is a link to the official BB (and TL) map:
https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/dam/wdpro-assets/parks-and-tickets/destinations/water-park-overview/water-parks-03-18.pdf?1529515216650

It shows two locker locations, one set of lockers is near Frostbite Freddy's and another is between Tike's Peak and Ski Patrol Training Camp. My instinct tells me to pass on the lockers near Frostbite Freddy's and head towards the other set of lockers, since it may be less crowded.

Any tips for which locker location is easier to get into and out of during the morning rush?

I have read that Blizzard Beach has showers. Are there showers in the changing rooms with soap, like in a gym? Or are the showers just "rinse showers"?

Any other tips to help with rope drop? Does BB open on time, or do they open a bit before posted time?

BB opens on time, with one lucky guest being the first down Summit Plummet to kick off the day right at 10:00. You don't need to be there super early - getting there at 9:45 is fine. There will not be a "rush" for lockers, people just go every which way at rope drop because there are many paths. The large bathroom/changing facility is more toward the front of the park and most use that. We have used the lockers near Ski Patrol, they are convenient, but we typically don't get a locker anymore, and just leave our stuff and cooler at our seats. The showers are just rinse showers - no toiletries. The bathroom near ski patrol with the lockers is much smaller and only has a couple of stalls and changing areas. Depending on who is in your party, the first hour is a virtual walk on for all the slides, then DDD, slush, and summit lengthen out. If its smaller kid slides, it never really matters, as you pretty much just walk up and slide in Ski Patrol. Teamboat might seem to get long, but since it is such high capacity, rarely goes over 15 minutes. You can get rides on the big 3 and the mat rides all before 11. Runoff rapids has 2 tube rides, and it is usually more of wait to get a tube than at the top.

I think you're overestimating rope drop at BB. There's really nothing to it. Both shower/changing rooms will be nearly empty when the park opens...pretty much everyone goes right to the chairs. Not sure why you'd go to the showers first??

The showers are just rinse, you supply your own soap if you really need it.

I think you're overestimating rope drop at BB. There's really nothing to it. Both shower/changing rooms will be nearly empty when the park opens...pretty much everyone goes right to the chairs. Not sure why you'd go to the showers first??

The showers are just rinse, you supply your own soap if you really need it.

Ha! I could have been more verbose. ;)

My primary interest is learning how to efficiently navigate the rope drop. Showers will be at the end of the day. I just started with rope drop questions and kept going...

BB opens on time, with one lucky guest being the first down Summit Plummet to kick off the day right at 10:00. You don't need to be there super early - getting there at 9:45 is fine. There will not be a "rush" for lockers, people just go every which way at rope drop because there are many paths. The large bathroom/changing facility is more toward the front of the park and most use that. We have used the lockers near Ski Patrol, they are convenient, but we typically don't get a locker anymore, and just leave our stuff and cooler at our seats. The showers are just rinse showers - no toiletries. The bathroom near ski patrol with the lockers is much smaller and only has a couple of stalls and changing areas. Depending on who is in your party, the first hour is a virtual walk on for all the slides, then DDD, slush, and summit lengthen out. If its smaller kid slides, it never really matters, as you pretty much just walk up and slide in Ski Patrol. Teamboat might seem to get long, but since it is such high capacity, rarely goes over 15 minutes. You can get rides on the big 3 and the mat rides all before 11. Runoff rapids has 2 tube rides, and it is usually more of wait to get a tube than at the top.

The first time we went to a Disney waterpark, I made my family get there an hour before opening because I was nervous about having to buy our tickets. My husband wasn't happy with me until we were chosen to be the Family of the Day.

The first time we went to a Disney waterpark, I made my family get there an hour before opening because I was nervous about having to buy our tickets. My husband wasn't happy with me until we were chosen to be the Family of the Day.

We've had that experience at Disneyland. We got to open it.

I need to do more research, but can't you just buy tickets via MDE iOS app?

Ha! I could have been more verbose. ;)

My primary interest is learning how to efficiently navigate the rope drop. Showers will be at the end of the day. I just started with rope drop questions and kept going...

Totally understand. But trust me, not much to navigate. It's absolutely nothing like the theme parks, not even close. We just did TL this morning. There were maybe 40 people in the area where we were waiting...if that. It's incredibly calm.

Just thought of another question. Is there any way to dry your swimsuit, or do you have to just airdry?

I'm thinking of something like this:
http://www.restroomdirect.com/swimsuit-spinners-spin-dryers.aspx

I'm not 100% sure, but 95% sure there are no spinners, you just air dry.

Are the rinse showers outside in public areas or in the changing areas? Wondering if I should/could bring my own toiletries to wash the chlorine off?

I'm looking for an answer to this question as well, but for Typhoon Lagoon. We'll be leaving the park and driving 4 hours or so to our hotel. My boys will definitely need to get clean before getting in the car. It's no problem to bring a little body wash, but I don't think they'd feel comfortable washing with soap in a public outdoor shower. They'd be fine with typical semi-public showers inside boys' locker rooms.

Thanks for your help.

The hygienic rinse showers are outside, like most rinse showers at pools. There is another changing area near the lockers that is more private. Pretty sure there are also showers beyond that point too, for actual washing, but I typically just bring a huge beach dress to throw over my suit! :D So I have not gone into the changing rooms but I know they are there...

The hygienic rinse showers are outside, like most rinse showers at pools. There is another changing area near the lockers that is more private. Pretty sure there are also showers beyond that point too, for actual washing, but I typically just bring a huge beach dress to throw over my suit! :D So I have not gone into the changing rooms but I know they are there...

Yes, this is correct. There are more private showers inside the changing hut, if you wish to use them.

I'm looking for an answer to this question as well, but for Typhoon Lagoon. We'll be leaving the park and driving 4 hours or so to our hotel. My boys will definitely need to get clean before getting in the car. It's no problem to bring a little body wash, but I don't think they'd feel comfortable washing with soap in a public outdoor shower. They'd be fine with typical semi-public showers inside boys' locker rooms.

Thanks for your help.

You will all be fine with a water rinse, some deodorant, and clean clothes for a 4 hour drive. We spent 10 days at WDW (just got back) and swam midday or did water parks every day. We would have our boys rinse off and simply reapply deodorant and wear clean clothes the rest of the day and shower fully right before bed. They were gonna get all sweaty again in the parks at night anyway. I did take full showers because I have hair that I can't air dry, but if it had been longer, I would have just put it up in a ponytail.

Typhoon Lagoon did have showers inside the men's restroom closest to the lockers. There was a wall mounted liquid soap dispenser. My husband and son used it. We all just rinsed under the outside shower at BB.

We did rope drop at both water parks in May. BB opened about 5 minutes or so early and Typhoon Lagoon actually opened a few late. Both times I would say we were in line to get in with roughly 100 people or so but there are so many paths that you don't feel rushed/pushed.
It definitely felt more crowded (clustered) at Typhoon Lagoon at opening.

I've never seen the spinners at either park to dry clothing,..I feel you may be overthinking this a bit; it's really not that stressful :) Just do what you would normally do at your local water park.

We did rope drop at both water parks in May. BB opened about 5 minutes or so early and Typhoon Lagoon actually opened a few late. Both times I would say we were in line to get in with roughly 100 people or so but there are so many paths that you don't feel rushed/pushed.
It definitely felt more crowded (clustered) at Typhoon Lagoon at opening.

I've never seen the spinners at either park to dry clothing,..I feel you may be overthinking this a bit; it's really not that stressful :) Just do what you would normally do at your local water park.

I'm researching the locker situation at TL, but now I'm curious which is your preferred park? We are thinking of doing TL...my son is 4 and my daughter is 18. BTW...is this AJ from DFB????????? :offtopic: :rolleyes1:flower1::love::D

I'm researching the locker situation at TL, but now I'm curious which is your preferred park? We are thinking of doing TL...my son is 4 and my daughter is 18. BTW...is this AJ from DFB????????? :offtopic: :rolleyes1:flower1::love::D

You'll find that it's pretty much a split opinion as to which is preferred. We've been to both dozens of times each and are truly about 50/50. They're both great. The biggest differences:

First and foremost is the wave pool. TL has monster waves, BB has small constant waves. Both are fun, but very different.

BB has mat slides, TL doesn't

TL has a "water slide roller coaster" called Crush n Gusher, BB doesn't

BB has a specific area for kids ages 3-12 called Ski Patrol, TL doesn't

BB family tube ride can hold 6 people (maybe 7?), TL has 2 family tube rides but they only hold 4 each

TL "big" slide has 3 slides (identical side by side), BB only has one (so the line backs up faster)

TL;DR

Bring a credit card or Disney Gift Card to rent the locker. We _could_ use a MagicBand, but it means an extra stop at Snowless Joe's or Beach Haus to get a temporary code.

Here is the link to the locker rental page:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/locker-rentals/

I plan to pre-load a Disney Gift card. Is the locker charge $10/$15, or is there some additional tax on locker rental?

Here is a link to the official BB (and TL) map:
https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/dam/wdpro-assets/parks-and-tickets/destinations/water-park-overview/water-parks-03-18.pdf?1529515216650

It shows two locker locations, one set of lockers is near Frostbite Freddy's and another is between Tike's Peak and Ski Patrol Training Camp. My instinct tells me to pass on the lockers near Frostbite Freddy's and head towards the other set of lockers, since it may be less crowded.

Any tips for which locker location is easier to get into and out of during the morning rush?

I have read that Blizzard Beach has showers. Are there showers in the changing rooms with soap, like in a gym? Or are the showers just "rinse showers"?

Any other tips to help with rope drop? Does BB open on time, or do they open a bit before posted time?

What is the significance in recommending a pre-loaded gift card? And why do you have to stop at another location to get a temporary code? Can you not just pay with a credit card when you rent it if you don't want to use your magic band?

Well since I don't know what DFB stands for I would assume I'm not the right AJ. :)

We liked both parks but if I had to pick just one to visit I think it would be Blizzard Beach. But it's a close tie and definitely going to change from person to person.

Well since I don't know what DFB stands for I would assume I'm not the right AJ. :)

We liked both parks but if I had to pick just one to visit I think it would be Blizzard Beach. But it's a close tie and definitely going to change from person to person.

LOL. it’s the Disney Food Blog. Her name is AJ Wolfe!

Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!