BL 3 - Red Team week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had 170 pts, but missed the deadline to get them in. Sorry guys.

Yes the deadline for reporting points for weekly team challenge has passed but send them anyway. We are still tabulating and we need EVERY point we can get.

Hi,
Really sorry I have missed the deadline too. I'll send my points total of 75 points just incase they can be counted.

I am still waiting for 7 week 3 weights. I also have bad news that we have lost a team member. The good news is that we have gained a new team member.

:welcome: to NCTWINSMOM. We hope you enjoy your time with us. We have just 15 short weeks, now 12 weeks, to develop healthy habits that will benefit us for the rest of our lives. As part of the team we are accountable and our actions affect others besides ourself. If we all try our best we can be the Biggest Losers!

Biggest Loser Central has agreed to change our weekly weight calculations to use weekly figures, not cumulative figures. At the end of the competition the winning team and Biggest Losers will be determined using cumulative figures. I hope this helps us. I am still calculating for this week and will make a full report sometime tomorrow.

Keep up the good work Red Losers!

Red Team Rocks!!!

Kiwi with strawberries would be a problem since I am not crazy about strawberries either (unless they ar mixed with sugar, poured onto a biscuit and smothered in whipped cream!)

Well that sounds GOOD to me!

I had 170 pts, but missed the deadline to get them in. Sorry guys.

Hi,
Really sorry I have missed the deadline too. I'll send my points total of 75 points just incase they can be counted.

Hey....you made it before 3PM in MY time zone!

:welcome: to NCTWINSMOM. We hope you enjoy your time with us.
Biggest Loser Central has agreed to change our weekly weight calculations to use weekly figures, not cumulative figures. At the end of the competition the winning team and Biggest Losers will be determined using cumulative figures. I hope this helps us. Red Team Rocks!!!

:welcome: NCTWINSMOM!

I'm glad to hear about the weigh ins being WEEKLY, like on the show.

Off to check out this week's exercise challenge.

Thank you to the 22 Red Team members that have given me their week 3 weight. So far we have no gains. WOO HOO!. I am still waiting to hear from 16 people. Please PM or email me your week 3 weight as soon as possible or am I preachin' to the choir here?

Please also total your points for the weekly team challenge and PM or email the total to me. I do not need a list of what you accomplished but if you would like to share here on our thread go ahead. I am enjoying hearing about everyones experiences with new fruits and vegetables. If you have posted your total points on this thread I will make a note of it so you are covered. Even if you don't think you did much look over the list and see if you earned any points. Every Point counts.

Did my 75 points count? I forgot to PM them to you but did post them on this thread, was that OK?

Hopefully today we will have the team winners for the weekly weigh in and the first team challenge. All the points I got last night were included with our totals that were emailed at 11:35 pm last night to the other team captains. If you have points to add please PM me. I have the right to change my numbers until the other team captains publish their numbers. I am still waiting to hear from them. I will save all my stats for the winner post coming later today (I hope). The red team was not in last place this week at the weigh in on the TV show. I hope the same holds true for us.

Red Team question of the day

We have been running our Biggest Loser challenge for three weeks now. They say it takes about three weeks to develop a habit. Have you made any changes in your lifestyle that you feel are becoming habits? Are there things that you are still struggling with?

me first - I really think drinking my 8 cups of water a day is a habit now. I like to start first thing in the morning and get it done as soon as possible so I am not peeing all night. I am aware of the feeling of thirst more than I was before and miss the water when I have gone awhile without having any. Exercise is still a struggle, but better than it was. Not a habit yet because I still hate it. I am still struggling with my eating. When I do the 5 fruits and vegetables usually everything else goes better. I have a problem getting the fresh vegetables home and then prepared and ready to eat. Right now I have celery that has been in the fridge for over a week that needs to be cut up and put in a bowl. When it is readily accessible I am more apt to eat it instead of junk. I also have a head of lettuce I got on sale Monday that needs to be torn up and put in a bowl for salads. When I want a salad I just scoop some already torn up lettuce from the large bowl in the fridge. My goal today is to take care of those vegetables.

What are your goals today Red Team?

Have a healthy day.

Cherylp3 (Cheryl), 28 pounds since May 15th is phenomenal!! I am so proud of you. Slow and steady wins the race. Keep up the good work. I know it is hard, but you are making it happen. You are an inspiration to me. You need to get a 25 pound clippie in your signature to shout your accomplishment from the rooftops.

Great job Loser!!

Cherylp3 (Cheryl), 28 pounds since May 15th is phenomenal!! I am so proud of you. Slow and steady wins the race. Keep up the good work. I know it is hard, but you are making it happen. You are an inspiration to me. You need to get a 25 pound clippie in your signature to shout your accomplishment from the rooftops.

Great job Loser!!

I agree! 28lbs since May is phenomenal!!!

I haven't had a habits formed yet as I have been off to a rocky start.

My goal for the day is to eat within my calorie range and exercise. Also, no snacking! I have been having major issues with snacking after supper.....:guilty:

I have to say that my new habit is water. I can't believe it but it is true. I used to hate water and now that is almost all I drink. A few days ago we stopped at a gas station and instead of a diet coke I actually wanted water. That is a first. I am still working on exercise to become a habit. I feel like I still have to force myself to go to the gym or even to just go for a walk.

Biggest Loser Central here is concerned that some participants may not have added up their points correctly so now I have to check with all 24 participants to make sure we are all calculating correctly.

drink eight glasses of at least 8 oz of water each day
Maximum 5 points if water drunk for 7 days

Try two new fruits, vegetables or combination of either this week ***
(new is one you have never tasted before)
5 points for every combination of 2 eaten - no maximum

Instead of snacking -- spend 20 mins engaged in a hobby or interest ***
5 points for each 20 minute occurance - no maximum

Eat a healthy breakfast every day instead of skipping this meal
Maximum 5 points if healthy breakfast eaten for 7 days

Eat at least 3 servings of whole grains this week ***
5 points awarded for every 3 servings eaten, no maximum. 12 servings for week = 4 x 5 points = 20 points

Consume at least 2 non-starchy vegetables 3 days this week ***
If 2 non-starchy vegetables eaten each day for 6 days then 10 points, if eaten for 3 days then 5 points, maximum 10 points

No eating of fast-food -- salads and Subway excluded
Maximum 5 points if no fast food for 7 days

If you are a challenge participant and check in here please verify that your reported points are correct or make a change. I will be sending a PM to all participants after I clear out my PM box. Until the scoring is straight we will probably not be announcing a winner of the weekly team challenge.

My points are correct. Thanks for taking the time to make sure everyone does this right. Some of the questions were a little confusing.

Thanks for checking in so quickly Cheryl and Ann Marie. Your points are very much appreciated.

Hi everyone I'm joining a little late but with such fire about changing my eating habits.

Things about me:
I've been overweight the majority of my 33 years. I've lost weight before but only to put it back on. Why is this time different? My kids, I have twin daughters and one of my daughters told me that she was tired of being "skinny" and wanted to be fat. Do I have to say how devestating that was to hear? I feel like I let her down and well myself. So enough with that story...

I'm married to my wonderful hubby and have two amazing daughters. I have two cats, and one dog. I have a stressful job and hubby has a stressful job (why I tend to eat...). I have accepted that I've made bad food choices which is why I'm overweight and that if I surround myself with positive approaches I WILL REACH MY GOAL! I will start with small goals, to lose 10lbs, eat more veggies and fruits and lot less sugar. Another goal is to give my attention to hobbies such as sewing and crafts. Less TV and other activities that require sitting...uh-oh I'm violating this goal by using the computer!:confused3

Other steps I'm taking is my work just started a Step 4 your health campaign and today was the kickoff, I walked 20 minutes and had a healthly meal. They will provide free passes to WW for 10 weeks plus other prizes to be awarded until Dec. 18. Our goal is to walk 425 miles by Dec 18 which know I can do!

Thanks for having me as a member of the Red team, I look forward to supporting each of you as we lose together!

I have 35 pts....

drink eight glasses of at least 8 oz of water each day
Maximum 5 points if water drunk for 7 days
Did this daily =5

Try two new fruits, vegetables or combination of either this week ***
(new is one you have never tasted before)
5 points for every combination of 2 eaten - no maximum

Instead of snacking -- spend 20 mins engaged in a hobby or interest ***
5 points for each 20 minute occurance - no maximum
did this twice =10

Eat a healthy breakfast every day instead of skipping this meal
Maximum 5 points if healthy breakfast eaten for 7 days
missed a day

Eat at least 3 servings of whole grains this week ***
5 points awarded for every 3 servings eaten, no maximum. 12 servings for week = 4 x 5 points = 20 points
6 servings=10

Consume at least 2 non-starchy vegetables 3 days this week ***
If 2 non-starchy vegetables eaten each day for 6 days then 10 points, if eaten for 3 days then 5 points, maximum 10 points
only 3 days =5

No eating of fast-food -- salads and Subway excluded
Maximum 5 points if no fast food for 7 days
did this=5

Attention Red Team!!

Our team now numbers 38. We have lost one member but NCTWINISMOM will join us next week, 5 members did not report for the week, and one person reported late and their weight is not included in our weekly totals. Please get your weights in on time!!! Of our 31 members for this week we had 2 gains (one of those was a WDW trip), 5 no changes, and 24 losses. We lost 32.3 pounds for the week.

At this time I would like to annnounce the top five Red Team Losers for week three

(drum roll please)

#5 dare2dream (Brenda - Me) 1.007 %
#4 a tie Mermaid02 (???) and NurseJilly (Jill) 1.093 %
#3 maryliz (Mary-Liz) 1.229 %
#2 tmeyer (Thresa) 1.322 %

And the Red Team week 3 Biggest Loser is ....
Acklander (???) 1.339 %

Week 3 WISH Biggest Loser challenge team results

#1 The Black Team 0.62 %

To beat them we would have had to lose an additional 8 pounds!
ONLY 8 POUNDS!!!!!

#2 The RED Team 0.502 %

#3 The Blue Team 0.34 %

Red Team Rocks!!!

'Weigh' to go Red Team. What an accomplishment and only 8 pounds from first place. WOW! Great work, what can we accomplish this week?

Congratulations to our top 5 losers. It's nice to see different names each week. Your name could be there next week, so get to work!!

We are way ahead on the weekly team challenge but I would like to verify points before making an official announcement here. I would also like to verify points to correctly identify our top 5 challenge participants.

What a week, I feel great about how we did. I know I can do better and this week I will. I want to be the Red Team Biggest Loser. I am ready to work hard for the privilege. How about you?

Have a healthy day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter