Birthday trip report! WDW & Fort Wilderness for 8 nights! March 8-16 2019

Love WCC and Bison Burger there almost as good as the one ones available at Crockett's Tavern a long, long time ago. I enjoyed the one I had for my Birthday back in Dec

Glad you're both feeling better and back to trip report :thumbsup2
EMH at MK looked crazy packed :crowded: :crazy:

Glad you're both feeling better and back to trip report :thumbsup2
EMH at MK looked crazy packed :crowded: :crazy:

Thanks. MK was packed and we had to stand straight up during the show, LOL, cause it was jammed like sardines. BUT, it was a perfect evening and we had a great time just taking it all in. The atmosphere was electric and the crowd was great.

Great to hear that you guys are feeling better. I see that the dramamine was a big help for getting through the roller coasters and that will be a good thing to know for future trips. Actual roller coasters like SM, Roc-n-RC , Everest, etc. are no problem for me but certain VR(simulator) rides make me very nauseous, like Mission space, or the Harry Potter ride at US. FOP no problem and my favorite ride at the moment. I wonder if dramamine would help me get through those others because I'd really like to go on them again. We also like taking the boat over to WL for a drink at Geyser Point. I am sorta worried about what impact the new resort will have on the Fort but trying to stay positive. Maybe there will a place like Geyser Point at the new resort that we will be able to walk to from the campground! Enjoying your TR and all the pics!

Great to hear that you guys are feeling better. I see that the dramamine was a big help for getting through the roller coasters and that will be a good thing to know for future trips. Actual roller coasters like SM, Roc-n-RC , Everest, etc. are no problem for me but certain VR(simulator) rides make me very nauseous, like Mission space, or the Harry Potter ride at US. FOP no problem and my favorite ride at the moment. I wonder if dramamine would help me get through those others because I'd really like to go on them again. We also like taking the boat over to WL for a drink at Geyser Point. I am sorta worried about what impact the new resort will have on the Fort but trying to stay positive. Maybe there will a place like Geyser Point at the new resort that we will be able to walk to from the campground! Enjoying your TR and all the pics!

Dramamine definitely helped me with the simulators. I was able to do FOP and Mission Space without an issue (and the "orange" side!).

That first night after star wars tours (without Dramamine) was the worst I had ever felt from a ride...

Sorry for the delay again, but we've had an enormously busy time lately. We've decided to retire early and we're getting ready to go full time in the camper!!! I promise I will finish this reports as soon as I can!

The funny thing is our Disney vacation is what sealed the deal for us!

Day 8 continues (after laundry duty)

Back at the camper and we had a visitor. I WAS going to lay in the hammock! The gobbling scared the mess out of me.

20190314_112025_small.jpg

I hid in the camper...

20190314_112028_small.jpg

While inside (hiding) I snapped this pick of Mickey and Minnie hanging out. I swear they were a foot apart earlier...

20190314_114937_small.jpg

Saw plenty of lizards during the week but this was the largest.

20190314_125141_small (1).jpg

Time for my usual campground rounds to make sure I didn't miss anything. No park this morning, just chillin. We've had ZERO rain the entire trip and today was another perfect day! Lucky, very lucky to be here with the week of great weather we had.

20190314_131223_small.jpg

20190314_132356_small.jpg

Sad to see the stakes...

20190314_132441_small.jpg

Last edited:
This evening we left Geyser Point and headed for MK for the last time. Beautiful weather and the boat ride was amazing. Got a FP for space mountain and the Dramamine was working it's magic. Busy night...

20190314_202511.jpg

My last picture of the evening??

20190314_205358.jpg

Last edited:
Day 8 was another great day at the fort, WL and MK. It's always sad when you know a vacation is coming to the end and Thursday night is when it always "hits" me. It's almost over...

This has been our best ever, but things are going to take yet another turn for the worse before we make it out of Florida....

Day 9, coming up

Wow - Congrats. Keep us posted on the journeys!

Thanks! We'll be headed to Savannah GA in two weeks and we can't wait! We are a taking a HUGE leap, but life is too short to wait around until the "right" time. We're selling everything and hitting the road.

We've been together for 38 years (and I'm only 53!) and all we wan't to do is be together! Yes, we're high school sweethearts from WAY back!

I am the luckiest man alive!

Okay, back for the next chapter - Day 9 and something is going wrong...

Woke up to yet another absolutely perfect day! ZERO rain this whole week and great temps. Still hard to believe.

This day is our scheduled "off" day. Rest, relaxation and enjoying the Fort!!!

DW is tired and going to sleep in so I'm off to ride around and soak in the sun and sights.

Here's my buddy. He's been with us all week.

20190315_135726_small.jpg

I decided to ride down to the beach and chill for a little while. It was perfect!!

20190315_172450_small.jpg

20190315_172540_small.jpg

Had a few visitors

20190315_174823_small.jpg

Not sure who's on the boat but what a perfect day for a cruise!

20190315_172846_smal.jpg

Day 9 just got a little better...

So I'm sitting there just chillin and dozing off from time to time. Really don't want to get up! There were only a few people out so it's really peaceful. Then a guy gets up from 20 chairs down and is headed my way with a cooler.

He stops at my chair and says "hey, I have one cold Coors Lights left, you want it". Well HELLO!!!

Can you believe that? That was awesome! He happily handed over the still cold brew and I popped the tab before he could rescind his offer! What guy! Thank you nameless guy!

20190315_175052_small.jpg

Sometime relaxing pays off!!!!

Finishing off day 9 back at the camper watching some basketball and checking in on DIS Boards! I loved this camp site!

20190315_192120_small.jpg

It was a great day and fantastic evening, except for one glaring omission...

The DW is in bed SICK!! Not the "I don't feel good" sick, I mean the throwing up sick as a dog sick...

We have to roll out tomorrow and my partner is down for the count! Oh no, what do we do.

Day 10 - time to head home with a stopover in Savannah GA

DW wakes up still feeling bad so I do as much as I can to get us packed up, loaded up and ready to go as quickly as possible. This time we had NO issues getting the camper ready to roll!

She is REALLY sick.

We hit the road at exactly 11am (checkout time) and we're on our way to the Savannah South KOA for the night.

417 was well worth the extra miles.

Resized_20190316_115635_small.jpg

We saw LOTS of motorcycles heading home from the Orlando Bike Week. LOTS of them all day!

Resized_20190316_115641_small.jpg

Hello and goodbye to Daytona Beach

Resized_20190316_125049_small.jpg

The DW is in no mood to snap travel pics so we are on red alert to get to the campground so she can lay down!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter