Birthday trip report! WDW & Fort Wilderness for 8 nights! March 8-16 2019

On day 3 you should have gone for the in the park Home Run instead of a triple Not doing a Tower of Terror ride is almost sacrilegious.

I know, I know. DW didn't want to do it anyway so I got out easy. Def wimped out and left knowing it.

Well, my trip report got delayed this week as I've been fighting off (and losing to) a bug we picked up in Florida. The DW got sick first and I thought I had escaped the death clutches but not so lucky.

More on this later...

I apologize for the lapse....

We ain't finished with day # 6 yet ...

So the Polynesian has become my DW's fav spot so we scored a reservation at Kona Cafe for tonight and decide to head that way to finish up our day. So you've seen the beautiful pic of the lake this evening - it's time to relish in this beauty!

After arriving at MK we jump on the monorail and we're off. Crowd levels are very manageable and we have no prob getting a seat and we're on our way.

I tried to get a better shot of the castle from the monorail bur my photography skills + balance are lacking...

mk_monorail.jpg

We stop by the bar and grab a few drinks before our reservations and just enjoy relaxing. This is our fav spot so far to chill!

I had REALLY enjoyed the sushie @ Epcot today so when I spotted sushie on the Kona menu I jumped at the chance to throw down!! Those are Wasabi chips and they are OUTRAGEOUS!!!

sushi.jpg

I wiped that plate clean (you'll have to trust me)!!

Walking around before heading back to Fort Wilderness, I grabbed another pic of the castle, this time from the pool at the Poly. Again, not the best shot but I thought it was a cool view.

pool_mk.jpg

Back on the monorail to MK and back on the boat to FW! The evening and the weather are perfect! No pics as I just enjoyed snuggling with the DW for the ride home!!

Day 7 is our "officially scheduled" MK day!!!!!

@bama_ed, where did you find that Mickey in the hammock pic?

I don't recall, Joe, I've had it for years. But you can download it by putting your mouse over the pic, click the opposite mouse button, and "Save Image As...". I don't have anything else Hawaii themed to go with that one.

Bama Ed

I did the monorail (pub) crawl on my last trip. We had so much fun and didn't even go into a park! My friends enjoyed seeing the different resorts and trying the specialty drinks at each one. The sushi at the Kona Cafe was delicious!! I am enjoying your report.

I may have to take you up on the Dramamine...this was my first ever experience where I really did think I might throw up after Soarin.

Glad you had such a great time but sorry about the Florida bug!

I apologize for my absence. The virus we brought back was WAY worse then we ever imagined and we're just now feeling better. Yes, we've been down a whole month!

I felt okay for the first week or so and thought I'd fought it off. Nope, I just finished 10 days on an antibiotic for a bad sinus infection (made worse because I didn't go to the doctor the first week). My DW is on round 2 of antibiotics.

We haven't even looked at our pictures together and she doesn't even know I'm doing the trip report. I was going to be a surprise....

Anyway, I'll get back on it ASAP.

Ok, my last "trip report" post was on March 28th (Day 7 - MK or bust).... I apologize for the delay in reporting but I'm back. Currently sitting at a campsite @ Jordan Lake State Park and we are both feeling great!

So, finally, Day 7 - MK or Bust!

First Fastpass of the day is my DW's fav - Space Mountain. My first dose of dramamine was prior to boarding the bus leaving FW and my second dose was upon entering the park. I'm ready!

20190313_095303_small.jpg

20190313_095312_small.jpg

Success!! No nausea whatsoever and I'm feeling good! Next up is BTMRR!!!

Last edited:
After a perfect morning at MK we decided to head over to the Wilderness Lodge for a drink and some lunch. Yes, I aced BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN RAILROAD!!!! Dramamine is the, uh, perfect antidote to motion sickness!

On to the lodge...

We discovered our favorite drink of the week @ the Geyser Point Bar & Grill

20190313_123404_small.jpg

And one nice view...

20190313_123412_small.jpg

Unbeknownst to the DW, I had scored ressies @ Whispering Canyon Cafe!

The view from our table. The place is awesome!!

20190313_131712_small.jpg

We tried another drink. I can't remember what this was...

20190313_132318_small.jpg

My first Buffalo Burger. Delicious!!!

20190313_133309_small.jpg

20190313_135059_small.jpg

Last edited:
After lunch we grab a boat back to FW to chill a little before returning to MK and a Splash Mountain FP!!. We are feeling great and really locked in! Time for some R&R back at the campsite!

My view from the hammock on another perfect day!

20190313_173814_small.jpg

Then, we make a run to the trading post (like I needed more food)...

20190313_190522_small.jpg

Day 8 - domestic chores must be done... I hit the laundry today and got lucky. The CS was empty and I was able to get the wash done (2 loads) at the same time. This was my first time and I must say I was impressed with the Fort's system. Also, the app is fantastic! I sat at the campsite and was alerted when my wash was done!

Everything in this room was spotless!

20190314_125141_small (3).jpg

20190314_125141_small (4).jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!