Biggest Loser Princess and Tinker Bell 2011 and 2012 -- OLD please see NEW thread

Hey Gang....will be heading out the door in about 13 hours :cool1::cool1:

Still have not packed but I do have a few piles sitting around. Have been absolutely unproductive today at work and am just sitting around waiting to leave because I have a dentist appt at 4pm to hopefully fix that dang tooth before I leave:crazy2:

I had to laugh Lisa because your first race list looked like this and I thought
"wow Rose is going to run the race TWICE":rotfl2::rotfl2:

Lisa Spring Dash 5 miles 4/22/12
Rose Derby Half 4/28/12
Liesel (Lisa) 5 K 4/28/12
Lindsay Half 4/29/12 (oops forgot which one -- sorry!)
Rose Derby Half 4/28/12
Lisa CdA Half 5/29/12
Maria Providence RnR Half 8/19/12
Lisa Sandpoint Half 9/16/12
Maria & Kathy Wicked Half 9/22/12
Liz ToT 9/29/12
Dottie & Lisa W&D Half 11/10/12

As soon as I get back and can get my schedule set I will let you know what my plan is for races...I have one tentative the first weekend in May depending on when Special Olympics and Confirmation is and I will have another in Oct for sure...

Well: other than packing we are checked in for flights, boarding passes printed, checked in at the resort, food in fridge for the kids (though I am sure that will only last about 12 hours!!), work is all set to manage without me or put it off till I get back!

Sorry to hear about the toe..those are so darn hard to heal because they never get any rest!

:woohoo: on the interview! WOW 3 hours? Really? what could they possibly have to ask at a second interview :rotfl:

Have not looked at the projected weather forcast...hope the rain stays away outside of a quick cooling shower...

Well next time you hear from me will be from Disney or maybe the airport!!

Bronx Half 8/12/12 - i'm not registered yet but i'm going to do it. have to represent, right??

back from the dentist. my whole face hurts :( unfortunately, that didn't keep me from eating a most delicious bagel with walnut raisin cream cheese.

Jen -- Have a wonderful trip! I know this will be just the celebration you are hoping for. My dh always says you can pick up virtually anything you forgot, so don't stress too much about the packing! ::yes::

Nancy -- :hug: I'm so sorry you have a serious ouchie. The dentist is rarely a fun experience. You took care of it, and now you can heal. That was a marathon interview session -- I think surviving that was a test in and of itself! :thumbsup2

LisaH -- Thank you for the fantabulous race list! I know it was not easy to compile, and I appreciate the time it took to comb through the posts -- you remain awesometastic! :yay: This is really embarrassing -- didn't post on FB because I don't know how to copy a post to my page, and so I could not follow instructions :blush:

Dottie -- I still haven't gotten back on that horse, er, TM. My leg feels almost better. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. I'm not working, so no reason not to fully rest, and then at least try walking again. :) My niece in Wesley Chapel has FCAT this week, too. My SIL was talking about how they are careful not to disrupt her routine.

Liz -- I'm so sorry about your toe, that is a major bummer. But keep your spirits up, you will heal :hug: I am envious and expect details of your dining review experience with Pete and Walter! I listen to the podcast without fail, is it wrong I hope for a good "Pete Rant" on a regular basis?! :blush:

Rose -- You should be so proud of yourself, you have achieved a major accomplishment! If it wasn't hard to lose a large amount of weight, everyone would succeed. It is very hard, and you are a champ! :cheer2:

LisaR -- How is everyone feeling in your household today? :flower3:

Lindsay -- Do you have a countdown calendar until the Pirates are Ahoy? pirate:

Kathy -- I hope you are out enjoying this fabulous day, it is too pretty to be inside working :rolleyes1

I was stunned to get on the scale this morning and see it was up 4lbs. Then I got busy working, took a break, and realized TOM was making an entrance. That explains why I just had to have popcorn last night popcorn::

I'm pretty sure tomorrow's WI is going to be a disaster, but I'm not going to let it make me crazy. I'm going to work extra hard to eat well, get back to moving, and by the following Wednesday, that less than stellar WI will be a distant memory. :thumbsup2

The next book in my pile is The Hunger Games. I don't know if I'll enjoy it, but like the Twilight books (which I actually think aren't too bad, much more enjoyable than the movies), I thought I'd give them a try.

My friend did not return my Disney books today. I have a bad feeling I'm not getting them back until her trip May 20th. I would really like to have them, my own fault for loaning them out when I was sure I wasn't having a trip :sad1:

Everyone have a wonderful evening!

Maria :upsidedow

Liz--Sorry about the toe! FWIW, I could not run from October 22nd until December 25th due to multiple injuries and I still managed to finish Princess less than a minute per mile slower than the year before.:goodvibes The big thing is to try to keep your cardio up. Pool running (in the deep end with a float belt--your feet don't touch the bottom of the pool) is a great cardio workout. I also did the stationary bike (no standing) and the krank cycle. I got back on the elliptical a couple of weeks before running. It was very mentally challenging but I learned a lot and overall it was a positive experience.:goodvibes

Jen--did you not know that I am uber talented and planned on running the kdf twice that morning?:rotfl: Have a fabulous anniversary and a great trip!:goodvibes

Nancy--glad the interview went well!

Maria--:hug: thanks for sharing the story about your Mom.

Hello to Lisa and Lisa an Lindsay and Kathy and Dottie!

***you can put me down as a maybe for Mickey. And that's all I have to say on the matter at this point.;)

The bed comes tomorrow! Can't wait. TTYL!

Liz--Sorry about the toe! FWIW, I could not run from October 22nd until December 25th due to multiple injuries and I still managed to finish Princess less than a minute per mile slower than the year before.:goodvibes The big thing is to try to keep your cardio up. Pool running (in the deep end with a float belt--your feet don't touch the bottom of the pool) is a great cardio workout. I also did the stationary bike (no standing) and the krank cycle. I got back on the elliptical a couple of weeks before running. It was very mentally challenging but I learned a lot and overall it was a positive experience.:goodvibes

Jen--did you not know that I am uber talented and planned on running the kdf twice that morning?:rotfl: Have a fabulous anniversary and a great trip!:goodvibes

Nancy--glad the interview went well!

Maria--:hug: thanks for sharing the story about your Mom.

Hello to Lisa and Lisa an Lindsay and Kathy and Dottie!

***you can put me down as a maybe for Mickey. And that's all I have to say on the matter at this point.;)

The bed comes tomorrow! Can't wait. TTYL!

Putting you down for the KY half twice wasn't a typo it is training for the Mickey!:rotfl2::lmao:

Everyone, thank you so much for the healing wishes and words of encouragement! I'm feeling a lot better about getting back up to speed when I get the go-ahead, as frustrating as it is to have to slow up now. I don't have access to a pool, but I do have a good stationary bike. When I see the orthopedist tomorrow, I'll get the clear for doing that for my cardio. I usually do about 15km in 45min when I'm going hard on the bike, and it is a good workout. Just not as enjoyable as running outside, of course! Doesn't help that my Athleta order got here today - running cap and three new tops. They're taunting me, I can feel it... :rotfl:

My plan for the morning is to run 30 Day Shred and do the non-cardio, non-plank pieces, replacing single-leg stands with squats on the strength. That'll at least get me some strength training in the interim, and I can still crunch!

I am so glad to be in maintenance, for sure - I re-attained lifetime at WW today, and lowered my goal by two pounds. Except for the lack of activity at the moment, I'm exactly where I've wanted to be since I had my beautiful girls! :yay:

XO
Liz

Good evening friends!

Just wanted to wish Jen and her dh an absolutely fabulous, romantic, magical vacation!!! I'm so excited for you.

We are off to my brothers in the am and will be back friday.

LisaH-Thank you so much for doing the race list. My heart skipped a beat when I saw myself up for the wicked half. :rotfl2: Then it motivated me to get moving again. Well, running again. I've got the walking down pretty good. I'm not ready to be put up for the Donald. You never know, but I'd hate to jinx any chance of it.

Dottie-Thanks for the hugs for my friend. It's so tough. But they and you and your family will get through it and will treasure the time you have with fil now. Hope you're doing ok, and Jake did well on his testing. DS is only in 4th grade, and it doesn' seem to faze him yet.

Liz-I hope the toe heals quickly. :goodvibes And Rose is definitley a good go-to person for dealing with injuries. Hang in there.

Hello to everyone else!! Have a wonderful rest of the week, and I'll see ya on the weekend!! :hug:

The next book in my pile is The Hunger Games. I don't know if I'll enjoy it, but like the Twilight books (which I actually think aren't too bad, much more enjoyable than the movies), I thought I'd give them a try.

My friend did not return my Disney books today. I have a bad feeling I'm not getting them back until her trip May 20th. I would really like to have them, my own fault for loaning them out when I was sure I wasn't having a trip :sad1:

Everyone have a wonderful evening!

I'm sorry about not getting your dis books back Maria. Mike just read the first Hunger Games book and he liked it.:goodvibes

Putting you down for the KY half twice wasn't a typo it is training for the Mickey!:rotfl2::lmao:
:lmao: After that last 14 mile run, I can't imagine going 26. But Mike keeps saying---break it down into smaller goals....

LisaH-Thank you so much for doing the race list. My heart skipped a beat when I saw myself up for the wicked half. :rotfl2: Then it motivated me to get moving again. Well, running again. I've got the walking down pretty good. I'm not ready to be put up for the Donald. You never know, but I'd hate to jinx any chance of it.
That's so funny that you said that Kathy. I feel like every time I even mention a race I get an injury!;) Hopefully that will not be the case this time. And hopefully you will be there in January!:goodvibes

i wasn't joking about taking the bus :) the stop is only like 4 blocks from the doctor's office and is $5 each way. if i took a cab it would be like $45. no thanks. i remember i had an endoscopy a few years ago and my mom came to pick me up. afterwards she decided she wanted to stop in a store before taking the bus home. so...that was pretty worthless having her!

the run was good except i forgot water. ugh. i was really thirsty by the end. i did the 6 miles in 67 minutes. not bad. i feel a little sore today but not bad.

rose i need to figure out when to eat and drink. endurolytes? i need to google that.
Ok on the bus as long as you promise to sit at the hospital a little longer if you are feeling loopy and you promise to text so I know you made it home ok.:goodvibes I totally get the money though....

Great job on the run. How is the itband?

Endurolytes are electrolyte capsules. They are gf and vegetarian. I have had really good luck with them and feel much better at the end of long runs when I take them consistently. I don't know if I am still having some mild electrolyte issues or I am just a huge salt sweater, but I seem to really feel off without them. Usually save them for 8 miles or longer. Will take for 10ks if it is warm out--like the one we do in July.

Do you feel like the Endourolytes give your tummy any upset? I'm getting to where I just need to keep my stomach empty of everything. That works for short runs but I need something for long runs. I know I had some issues on my 10 miles on Saturday and that was inside. It would be ugly if I was outside. I have to take the Endourolytes the day before or after the run. I can tell as soon as they hit my tummy.
I would say just the opposite and I feel puky if I don't take them. I did have to stop and use the potty on the 14 mile run, BUT I ate a piece of pb toast about an hour or so before because I was starting so late. I had slight tummy cramps at about 13, but I ate the entire pack of honey stingers....The big thing for me is not feeling nauseous. Have you tried sipping watered down gatorade? You probably have.

Lisa this isn't for you, but for anyone reading along***I would suggest (after all I went through with the bloody diarrhea (yes, it was that bad) that anyone having trouble with tummy stuff during exercise look at what they are eating the day/week before. It doesn't mean you have a food allergy or need to stop eating something completely--that's an extreme. It could just mean that there are one two foods that you have a mild intolerance to. Some of the common culprits--dairy, gluten, corn, night shades (onions, etc), artificial sweeteners and some regular sweeteners. It could be as simple as avoiding certain foods in the days leading up to a long run. The other trick that I still use--coffee. Either decaf late in the day on the day before a long run or that morning. I have also used hot water. It is not a fun problem to have, but I have found it is manageable, just takes a lot of trial and error. I feel like what I am dealing with now are normal runners issues--what I had before giving up gluten was over the top!

And interestingly enough, I do best with stomach issues on long runs on the weeks I eat a lot of beans and veggies--that is when I have the least amount of stomach issues while running.....go figure. :) And the night before races, my dinner is usually hummus, an egg, and ice cream.....I had to figure out that my problem issue was the gluten.

Hi Lisah -- One more for me - Boston 13.1 Half 9/16/12

I cannot believe I am going to do 2 Halfs so close together, but I'm determined!

You can do it Maria! So exciting!

Ok, I am off today and waiting around for the delivery people, so I am sure I will be back! Have a good day.:goodvibes

Back from the orthopedist...where they reset my toe. OWOWOWOW. :crazy2: But the new x-ray was clearly better, so the reset seems to have helped a lot. This was an ugly break. :/ I go back in a week for another round of x-rays.

I'm definitely off of running for at least 4 weeks, but I have the go-ahead to use my stationary bike, with modifications for my shoe cast. It's something! I'm hoping I'll have time tonight to get in a workout on that. I'm feeling the lack of workouts for the last couple of days, and I'm trying to get my mindset in a more positive place (hey, I didn't break my leg!). I still have *plenty* of time to train when I can run again, and I certainly don't want to do anything in the meantime that might set the healing back, so I'm following instructions to the letter.

It's a cool, rainy day today - not helping my mood! But I had a nice lunch with DH after my MD appointments this morning, and that helped. :)

XO
Liz

4 mile race on sunday - i ran 4 on tuesday. today is when i'd normally run but b/c i have a colonoscopy tomorrow i can't eat anything today and therefore i'm not going to run. i'm sure i'd be fine but why push it. i'll already feel drained.

i doubt i will run tomorrow after the procedure unless i'm feeling really good in the afternoon and i definitely won't run saturday before the race.

think a race on sunday after not running since tuesday will be a big deal? i'll have some pretty well-rested legs!

look at all those different smillies!! i like this one: :wave2:

rose hehe ok i will text :) IT band is GREAT! i've been making sure to do alot of butt stretches and haven't had any problems (knock on wood!)

liz omg...OUCH! hopefully that puts you on the road to recovery though!

i saw that jen was at jellyrolls yesterday. i've never been! i want to hear all about it!

I'm completely thrown by the rearrangement of the smilies!

Jen I hope you are having a fantastic vacation!

Liz I'm so sorry about your toe! Ouch! We all have experience with illness/injury and taking time off. Rose did a fantastic job maintaining her exercise while she was rehabbing.

Dottie Congrats on registering for the full, I'm sure you will be fantastic! I hope your family is doing well.

Maria I agree with Nancy I thought the hunger games was way better than twilight. Dan is reading book 3 right now.

I ran today, 3 more runs until this 5K that I haven't been taking seriously. I think when I don't do as well as I could have if I had been training more consistently it will help motivate me to run more. I need to get some more races on the calendar too, this not knowing if/when we are moving is seriously interfering with that!

The kids are off tomorrow, I'll try to check in on the BL thread as well. Just another busy day.

Hello runner pals!!

Just on the tail end of a fabulous vacation week, and the sun is still shining even though it was supposed to be a cloudy rainy day, so I'll take it. I'm on the back porch with an ice coffee, and at 6 my brother is picking up michael to go see The Three Stooges, all the guys are going, and a friend might come by for dinner and we may go see Bully. If not, I got the Help from red box and I'll watch that here. I think she already saw that. But I am going to make a salad with grilled chicken for supper. I made burgers for ds and a friend for lunch after baseball practice, and thought I'd have leftovers, but they both ate 2. Growing boys.

Nancy-How are you doing? Hope you've fully recovered from your procedures and are ready to run tomorrow!! Good luck at the race. I think you will be just fine, just take it slow and listen to you body if you need to walk a bit. :goodvibes

LisaH_you're up first!! Are you feeling ready for your race tomorrow? I hope so, and I hope you get your new pr!!!!:goodvibes How's the weather looking out there? Is this the one around the lake? Or over the bridge? I'll have to look it up. You have run some very scenic races. I couldn't find the race route, but I did see I can get right out to you in Interstate 90. Very direct route, just under 3000 miles. It made me feel so close to you. We could meet halfway for coffee. Maybe in Minnesota with Corinna!!

Liz_Hope the foot is starting to feel better. I'm sure it was smart to have it reset, for the best chance of a smooth recovery.

Hello to everyone else!! Off to get some laundry done, and I want to walk the dog before michael leaves so I can enjoy my "me" time.

Have a great rest of the weekend, and good luck to our runners tomorrow!!

:( we are home
Trip was great, it was nice to get away BUT I don't think I would do Disney again without the kids...I know, guess I am just to much of a mom!

With that said.....we had a great flight on Wednesday and got to our room and off to the parks by 11:00. Headed to magic kingdom and wandered around for a while. Rode a few rides that I had never gotten to do (haunted mansion, barn stormer) and shopped around. Made it over to downtown Disney for dinner at Ragland Road which was really good! Then went on the expedition to get to the boardwalk and Jellyrolls.I have to say this was the worst trip we have had for transportation ever! Not sure what the issue was but we waited for ever for buses the entire time we were there... LOVED Jellyrolls! We eve wet back on Friday night. Neither night was as busy as what I have heard but was so much fun.
Had breakfast at Crystal Palace on thursday which was good then off to Epcot for the day. Loved being able o just wander around and browse though everywhere.
Had dinner at California grill that night and saw wishes from the restaurant ....was amazing!! They brought us a glass of champaign and our desserts had little chocolate signs that said Happy Anniversary...oh forgot...Thom had flowers sent to our room the first night! They were beautiful
Friday morning we slept in a little and then headed off to MGM. We just kind of wandered around again rode TSM then headed back to Epcot for dinner where we got caught in a HAIL STORM!!!! Hung out under the bus stop for a little while then finally made it in to buy rain coats and then off to wander the counties a little more..had dinner at San Angels which again was amazing.... Thom's only request was to see illuminations but since it was still drizzling we decided to head back to Jellyrolls figuring they would not do the fireworks. Apparenlty they did as we heard the booms from inside Jellyrolls but do you think we thought about walking outside to watch them?? DUH, maybe next trip!
Saturday we got up, packed :( and headed back to wander MK until we needed to head to the airport
Now we NEVER fly anything but non-stop but since it was the 2 of use we decided to opt for a connecting flight from Atlanta since it was $100 cheaper per person...we get to airport to see our flight to Atlanta is delayed....so I am freaking because they can't tell us how long the delay will be so we don't know if we will make our connection!
Finally took off almost an hour late and landed with 5 min till our connection:scared1: ran to the gate and made it just in time!!
Got home to Zach being asleep in my spot with a soaked pull-up that has leaked all over :( welcome home!!!!

So we missed the kids sooooo much that we are trying to figure out when to take them this year!!! Not sure if we can swing it but all I could think of was how much fun the kids would be having.
Coronado Springs: was nice but just not a real Disney feel. Wouldn't plan on going back there...nothing bad our wrong just not our style. Have gotten spoiled staying at Wilderness and Poly with the transportation options. We will see.....

So with all the great food.....I hate to see how much weight I gained:furious:
Binging today for whatever reason but have to get back on track....tomorrow it all starts because I hate our pics from the trip and am not going back looking like that......

With that said...going to try and catch up with everyone!!

Jen -- :welcome: Back! It sounds like it was a good trip overall, and a special anniversary. I'm glad you had some time away, and I hope you are able to take the kids back for a trip!

I admit, I am happy we will have a car for our trip this summer. I'll still have to take the buses to the parks, but we can drive to other hotels for meals, which will be nice.

JellyRolls is so much fun! It's kind of a WISH tradition to go there after a race as a group -- I'm hoping we can do that in January! ::yes::

Jen - even though you missed the kids it still sounds like a nice trip. Thank goodness you made that connecting flight! My DH has ben saying he would like to take a trip someplace just the two of us. I knw I'd miss the kids too! but it's good to have time to reconnect. With DH home so much after getting laid off I almost feel like we need it even more! How did you find the "new" ( to you) rides? The ones you usually can't do?

Liz- how is your toe??

Maria - we rented a car on our first trip when Thomas was a baby and never wound up using it. The cple that is staying in the tree houses with us for a few days are total car people. It will be interesting to live like car Disney people for a few days. They insist we will be hooked. I think my wallet days otherwise!

One day I will get to jelly rolls post-race. I'm afraid in January John will feel asif he has done a marathon too that day after wrangling a 3.5 yr old and 13 month old by himself all morning. Don't think e would be too into it!

My race was great. The first mile seemed like forever. My friend thinks they had the marker in the wrong place. A few hills that I wasn't thrilled with but managed ok. While running I saw a girl from my neighborhood running too. That was fun. The rain held out until after we finished! It was very cool and perfect and that's why my pace was a full minute faster than usual! Finished 4 mi in 40:57. 10:15 pace!

Ok, it's 5am which means the baby's up and hungry. Took me half an hour to type this on the iPad! Sorry for crazy typos and autocorrects!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter