Biggest Loser Princess and Tinker Bell 2011 and 2012 -- OLD please see NEW thread

Have a great race, rose!!! We are all cheering you!!

If you do the marathon, I will think about intervals. It would be very hard for me mentally to Walk and then start running again.

Guys, I haven't run since my race last Sunday. Ugh! I really should today but I think I will tomorrow. Must get back to it!!

Have a great day everyone. I will be back to post after the no-party party for the baptism :)

What a great day -- Awesome racing for Mike and Rose, and Baby Matthew's Baptism!

Ran 6M this morning, feeling pretty good. Still took an ibuprofen after to help with ITB soreness. It's so much better, but still not 100%.

Sounds like we should be seeing some plans soon for our WDW May group! I know you guys have posted some items, I just love itineraries! I've lost track -- will you guys be there May 31st when AoA opens? I just read you have to use your room key to enter the pool area. That should be interesting...

Nancy -- I cannot wait to hear about staying in the treehouses! They look like so much fun from the river!

LisaH -- I agree with you, I will not be at all sad to fit in a size 12! My pants are definitely getting looser, I know the day will arrive!

Maria :upsidedow

Good Monday Morning!
What a weekend we all had!!!

:cool1: for all our racers this weekend! Awesome job!!!

What sweet pictures of Mathew! and what an amazing family as well!!

Busy weekend at our home, Hannah turned 13 on Friday, Choral contest on Saturday and Cam confirmation on Sunday...we had a "no party, party" as well yesterday afternoon after the confirmation ceremony and with all the cooking and backing I did on Saturday the scale sure showed it this morning :headache:
have been fighting this crummy cold for 3 weeks now, has been making any type of workout near on impossible...within 5 minutes I am gasping for air! It is all viral so just have to wait for it to clear up....may I should go back to Disney and some nice warm weather..that should help!!!!!

Heading into another busy week and weekend with Special Olympics regionals on Saturday as well as standing up with my friends daughter as she is confirmed...and soon the baseball tourny's will start.

June is the 5k for GiGi Playhouse which is a Down Syndrome resource center so am looking forward to that...am going to commit to getting back on the wagon..even if I only walk it since it is so close....

Hope everyone is still on the mend and doing well....who do we have running next weekend for Everest??

Talk to you later...should probably start to get some work done now :laughing:

Jenn- Sorry it took me so long to get on here to see how your trip was. It looks like you had a very magical time. I remember when I went alone all I could think about was gosh I wish the kids were here.....now I gaurantee when I go in Oct with my dh and the kids I will be saying wouldnt it be nice to come without the kids.:lmao:

Rose-you did so awesome on Saturday. I am so happy that you are back to yourself physically and hopefully those injuries are just a figment of your past. I would say Mike was very social and seemed excited when we met at the Princess...it could have been that you just gave him lots of good tips on what he needed to do.:rotfl2: Either way I would have not known the difference I would have loved to hang out more with you guys.

Nancy- Ok 3 wks to disney....that is close enough that you can give yourself a rule....no more junk until disney right???? You can do it and when you do you will be so thankful you did.:thumbsup2

Hi to anyone else I missed.

Feeling a bit sore today but I finished my half marathon yesterday. It was tough and my lack of training this time (missed lots of wkday runs and didnt run in the past 2wks) really showed up at about 8 1/2 miles. I really do not recommend that.:lmao: I was still glad I did it and it has motivated me to work harder so that the next time I can be even more proud of myself that not only did I do it but I did it and felt great. So that is my next goal.

Congratulations to Rose and Lindsay on their halfs this weekend! You two rock!

I was DNS for this weekend's 5K, I got sick. :sick: I hope to make it up to the family. I found a nice family friendly 5K that is on 5/12. The kids get medals and there is a pancake breakfast afterwards. Best of all, DD6 is free! :goodvibes I am still planning on going for my 5K PR on 5/19. All I want for my birthday is a new PR!

Jen sounds like you had a fun filled busy weekend!

Dottie I hope your family is doing well?

Liz, how is the toe doing?

a quick hello! thomas just snuggled up and asked to look at disney pictures. who am i to say no to that??

:wave: Hello from me, too!

Did my 3M walk this morning on the TM, and upped the incline a little for Mile 2. ITband seems ok, so happy about that!

LisaR -- Hope you are feeling better :hug: It's no fun to be :sick:

Lindsay -- So very proud of you! I think it is a great goal to really enjoy your race because you are well-trained :thumbsup2

Jen -- You did indeed have a busy weekend, wow, that is alot all at once. You could use a Disney vacation ;)

Dottie -- How are you doing? :hug:

Nancy -- Enjoy that snuggle time :lovestruc

:wave2: to LisaH, Kathy, Rose, and our lurkers!

It is a :umbrella: day for me, I wish I could have stayed in bed. But, at least I have plenty to do at work so hopefully I won't accidentally nap :rolleyes1

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Maria :upsidedow

Thought I'd pop in and say a quick Hi!
Busy work week- board meeting and corporate big wigs buzzing around all week. Jake's Book Bowl team placed 2nd in the District- Proud Mom moment!::yes:: he's already plotting next year's team! Had a great run on Saturday 7miles felt great:thumbsup2- was glad since I had a terrible ride on Wednesday- Fil is hanging in there- not sure if I mentioned it but the cancer is already spread into the rib cage and causing discomfort:worried:. They are comming over this weekend for an early Mother's day celebration. Jake and I are going to make Blueberry cobbler for dessert with the fresh berries we picked over the weekend. I have to attend a retirement party for a former teacher who is also my oldest and most cheerished friend- which means not only do I need a new outfit I have to give a speach in her honor- not looking forward to either- even though I'm 40 pounds lighter than this time last year, I'm still about 10-15 lbs from my goal- and with everthing going on I'm lucky to be maintaining where I'm at. Jake and I are doing a 5K together on Mother's day morning- plugging along one day at a time.

Dottie

:hug: dottie this can't be easy. poor FIL. i hope he isn't in too much pain.

um, 40 lbs lighter than last year??? that is AMAZING!! you strut your thang at that retirement party! you are awesome!!:cool1:

lindsay darn it, you are so right. why can't i just stay away from the junk til disney?? bad bad bad!

i did have a NSV today at target when i was able to button without too much sucking in a pair of size 8 shorts. i could have gotten the 10 but felt that the 8 would keep me more motivated :)

So here is my race report. I am giving myself 15 minutes to write it so I don't think about it too much.:goodvibes

We went to the expo on Thursday night before the race to avoid some of the crowds. It worked out well. The bondiband people were there and I got a new bb that says suck it up buttercup. Which I have a tendency to say on occasion.:thumbsup2 Other than that did not spend any more money. Though I was kind of hoping the shoe bling people would be there.

Friday I went shopping and tried to distract myself. Friday night I yelled at Mike a million times and we finally went to bed around 10:00. I did not sleep well, but did manage to stay in bed until 5:00 which is good for me.

We left our house around 6:00 to head downtown. I was armed with pretzels and peanut butter for after the race. We parked about half a block from the start and headed over to where Mike's work has a tent. I went with this girl I met to find a porta pottie--in theory we were supposed to use the ones near the start cause the ones we found were set up for after the event, but we chose to ignore the people telling us that. Us and lots of other people. Someone noticed my shoe bling. I love my shoe bling, makes me happy.:goodvibes

We headed towards the start around 7:00 and it was crazy crowded. They do not police the corrals like at Disney and it was hard to just get to a corral. Next year we will head up earlier. It stressed me out a bit. A little bit of pushing and shoving going on. I was in C and Mike D, but I'm not really sure where we ended up. Next year I think we will go back a bit further--I think we were in C, but who knows.

There were 18000 people who ran this race. The 1/2 and full ran the first 9 miles together and then the full split off.

We crossed the start about 7 minutes after the gun went off. By staying to the right we were able to do run/walks from the very beginning without too much problem. I was determined to not go out to fast. The first 3 we were sitting around a 9:50 average and at 10k I think right around a 10:00.

There is a lot of crowd support on this course and it really is fun. The weather was beautiful. It was a perfect day. It rained just a tiny bit around mile 7 and then the sun came out. Around 45 minutes in we passed the point where my itbs went crazy last year, so I was happy to run past that point feeling good. We ran near Brown-Forman and one of their employees was running near us and told his friends he had some coke and bourbon in his office if anyone thought it would make a good pit stop. LOL.

We ran though Churchill Downs and there were horses out running. Very cool. The tunnels at CD are steep and a lot of people were really braking going through the tunnels which made a challenge to keep from taking someone out.

After we left CD Mike split off to run the rest of his race and I continued on. I was getting a little tired, but still doing well. The rest of the run was pretty non-eventful. I think if Mike was with me, I would have had a PR (only off by about 2 minutes) but I was leery to push myself too hard cause I knew I would be hanging out for a while waiting for him to finish. I still get a little dizzy sometimes at the finish.

About a tenth of a mile from the finish someone was down and there was an ambulance. It was very scary. The guy did not look too good, but I think he ended up ok, cause I haven't heard anything else. At the same time a wheelchair racer came through so between those two things it caused a bottleneck which probably slowed me down by 30 secs or so.

I finished at 2:14:10, which I was very happy with. I believe that is around 30 minutes faster than last year. The best thing--no pain, no dizziness. I felt pretty good. Tired, but good.

Things came to a halt at the finish, which was not good, but I got a blanket, some water and a banana--couldn't eat anything else. I should have got Mike some sunchips because by the time he finished they were out. Not good!

I did have a bit of a tummy issue at the finish, but since it only happens after long runs in certain conditions, I am not too worried about it. I sat for a bit and ate some pretzels and pb and then went and found a spot to watch for Mike.

I watched people finish for about an hour and it was very emotional. I have never stood at the finish of a race for that long before. I think all these people who get all snarky about people messing up their races cause it is not an accomplishment to finish races at a slower time should stand at the finish for a bit and watch the tremendous effort being put forth by folks. There was a relay group of physically disabled folks that made me cry.

By the end a lot of marathoners were coming through and that was emotional too. People were just physically spent but if you cheered for them they would smile. I am tearing up thinking about it. It was a very powerful hour or so for me.

I was starting to get a bit worried about Mike. His phone had died and as it got warmer he slowed down a bit. I think he finished around 4:45. He had such a good attitude. I know he would have liked to be faster, but he was very happy to finish. It was really fun to see him cross the finish line.

All in all it was a great day! While I was really hoping to hit a new PR, I was more than pleased with my time. I am still feeling good, and other than some soreness from not stretching enough I feel good.:goodvibes

If you are still reading, I am impressed. Took me a bit longer than 15 minutes, but I don't think I over thought it too much.:goodvibes

great race report! i'm sure seeing the inspiring runners was wonderful. it's like during my 4 miler when i saw the woman on crutches racing. it was just the kick in the pants i needed to stop complaining and get moving!

congrats to you and mike! job well done!:cool1:

:cool1::cool1:Way to go Rose!!! Love the report.
Working from home today (sort-of ;) )

Nancy: Yeah on the single digit clothes! I love those NSV's!!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well...just wanted to pop in and say HI
Beautiful day here today...would really like to be outside but have to get a few things done on the computer since I am taking a work at home day. Bad thing is I have had cake and ice cream for breakfast and beef dip and hawaiian bread for a snack :( Not Good!!!!

was getting some cards yesterday to send out to a few friends and saw a funny one that read
"don't forget...you are what you eat" on the inside it said "then I need to eat a skinny person!" :lmao::lmao:

Ok got to get to work!!

Good morning ladies!! I've been a dis-flunky and not posting here or on the bl challenge at all lately. I definitely need to post here more, and get out running again. I was in a bit of a funk, but feeling better about things, and got out the other morning, and ran/walked with the dog. I felt pretty sore in spots after, so I know it's been too long. I plan to pull out my old race training plans, and write up a new one for the half I'll be doing in september. I think I'll register for it this weekend too, post it on facebook, and hope that will give me a little more motivation.

Rose-I loved your race report. How positive you are about it, and how inspiring it was to be at the finishline. Sometimes when I'm running a race, I am so amazed as how supportive so many people are, people who are so thin and fit and fast, but still take the time to encourage me and other back of the packers. You are one of those people. You make me want to get out and do another race, and give it my all. Thank you.

Dottie-Glad you had a nice 7 mile run, and you must feel so proud to be down 40 pounds. That is awesome. Glad you have some plans for special time with Fil. It is so hard. I hope he's taking something for the pain and they can keep it under control. Thinking of you.:hug:

Jen-I'll have one of those skinny people for lunch. :rotfl: I've been right there with you on the awful eating, and the scale has started to show it, so I'm back in the wagon, and plannign to stay there. Come join me. Lots of good company in here. We can do it. :thumbsup2

Nancy_Whoo hoo on the size 8!! That is fantastic, and you are going ot have so much fun in disney world!!!!! One of the doc's I work with is going a week from next wednesday, and I'm so excited for him. I've been teasing him because he took his first trip last sept, and it's only been 8 months, so he's worse than I was. lol. His kids are 4 and 5, and his son is a star wars nut, so they plan to do the star wars weekend stuff. I'm also jealous because last time they stayed at the contemporay and this time it's the Poly. Ahhhhh, I should have married a doctor. lol. When do you leave on your trip?

Maria-So glad the IT band is feeling better. It's been a rainy week, but the weekend is looking better. Any fun weekend plans?

Hello LIsa, Lisa, LIndsay, and anyone else out there!!

Have a fantastic friday!!!

jen - how proud are you of that young man of yours?? loved those pics from his races. like i said on fb, you better get him in the disney races!

kathy - first contemporary then poly?? i should have married a doctor too! lol!

oh boy a body was found at churchill downs? yikes! that is sad.

everyone make sure to check out the moon tonight. super moon!

Very proud of him! Came out with a Gold and Silver medal so we should be heading to state competition next month!
Would love to have him do a Disney race! I think it will be such fun!

Stormy day here today and had lots of plans that are now out the window :scared: guess I will just lay around and nap!!!!!

my first 10k is saturday. i feel very nervous! i know i can finish that distance. i just don't want to go too fast and then run out of steam too early. i finished my 4 mile race last month with a great pace (for me) but i'm not sure i could keep that up for another 2 miles!

the race is in central park again. it's funny, i've been to central park a bazillion times but i never know exactly where i am whenever i'm there! lol! i'd be lost if there weren't thousands of other runners!

Nancy, I didn't realize your 10K was coming up so quickly. You are so going to rock it! :cool1:

Jen, loved the race pictures! :love:

I think the W&D 5K is going to be Christmas themed this year in case you were thinking of doing the W&D. :santa:

Dottie, I'm thinking of you and sending lots of good thoughts and pixiedust: your way. :hug:

Rose, loved the race report! And the absolute best thing about it was no injuries, no sickness, just a lot of fun and a little bit tired. Priceless! :cool2:

Kathy, I'm a dis-flunky, too, lately. :lmao:

Maria, glad that IT band problem is licked! :thumbsup2

Liz, I read on the BL thread that the shoe cast is going soon! :yay:

Lindsay, do those cute boys have something fun planned for you for Mother's Day?

Lisa, hope those bugs have left your house for good! :flower3:

I think the arrival of spring has taken the chat out of us! :lmao: I suspect we will be chatting more as our training for fall heats up.

Have a great day ladies!

I posted the race schedule for us all in post 1 so please take a look at it and let me know if I missed something -- or am having race twice or anything like that. :lmao:

:yay::yay: I'm here! Last week was crazy busy at work and I had posted a long post earlier today when my computer decided to freeze up and poof gone:badpc: so here I go again.:furious:

Rose- loved your race report -you were AWESOME::yes:::thumbsup2

Nancy- you are gonna rock your 10k:cheer2:

Lisa H- I'm running a 5k with Jake on Mother's day that counts right:blush:
and i'm in for Mickey in Jan! I'm also doing another 5K in June:firefight STOP DROP AND RUN -this was my very first 5k last year-so I'm out to smash my time! I need to prove to myself where I was and where I am now- I still see myself as that 40lb heavier version maybe a PR will convince me I'm a happier, healthier me!

Lisa R- Hoping your big move goes smoothly- and maybe the new home will have an even prettier view!
To anyone I may have missed- thanks for the thoughts, prayers and I could use all the hugs I can get so keep them comming!:hug:

We had a lovely afternoon with my in-laws Sunday, everything had to be perfect -in my heart I knew it didn't need to be but I wanted it- since I know this will be the last time my FIL will be able to travel to our home:worried:, He is noticeably thinner, only eating half of what he use to eat, it's hard to see such a strong man grow weaker. :( We will be traveling to see them in the future- He enjoys his desserts so I made blueberry cobbler with the berries Jake and I picked last week-and just enjoyed being together. I think that's what I'm gonna miss the most- FIL not there for those special events in Jake's life- HS graduation, marriage, children etc- I've asked MIL to get FIL to write a letter to Jake to be given to him on those occassions so that Jake will know Grandpa was thinking of him and will still be a part of that day. -I can't take credit for that idea -it was my running buddie's suggestion- she is great friend and now my own personal shopper,Thanks to her I found not one but two dresses for the retirement party I have to attend. I'll post pictures of both on FB soon since I still can't decide which to wear- the one was 60% off so I had no choice but to by both- that's the logic I used on hubby and I'm sticking to it!:thumbsup2

Dottie

Let me go on record and say I still have not committed to the full...but I am seriously considering it.:thumbsup2 I've been having a little soreness with one of tendons in my ankle (same foot, but inside my ankle) and I am trying to figure out what's up with that.

Dottie--:hug: Sounds like a nice visit. And what a great running partner you have. :goodvibes

Jen--congrats to your DS!:)

Kathy--I truly believe that if everyone who runs would just spend time at one of these big races cheering on the "back of the packers" or volunteering that there would be less grumbling about what is wrong with racing today and how annoying the run/walkers are (of which I am one), etc. It moved me to tears at times and I was honored to be able to do it.

It has been interesting making the switch to these shorter intervals during the longer distances. I am pretty solidly committed to a run 2/ walk 30 for half marathons and think I will eventually smash my record, and fully expect to be under 2:00 in the next 6-8 months if I stay uninjured. Having said that--I have heard so many people at races making negative comments about walkers. People moaning about people walking at the beginning, etc.

Well, I guess what I am thinking about is, since I try really hard to take my walk breaks from the beginning, should I not start in the faster corrals and start back further? I stay to the right and I am very courteous to other people and if it's really bad will skip a break if needed. Just an interesting thing to think about. I know JG starts up at the front, but people expect him to walk. I think people are kind of surprised when someone else starts in the A or B corral and then walks early on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts