Biggest Loser 9 Spring challenge -- Part 2! HERE WE ARE! :)

flipflopmom: YAYYY!!!!!!!! :banana: How exciting! Good job and may I say that clippie looks beautiful on you!

I lost a whopping 1.6 this week. I had salty chinese food last night and I think it might be TOM so I am trying not to be to bummed out. I have such a long way to go, but every little bit helps I guess.

I can't wait for the summer challenge. You guys gotta help me stay motivated. I only have a little more to lose before I hit that 30 pound goal before my vaca.

Thanks a million to everyone who helped run this challenge. You guys have all really helped me and I am not sure I would be 23 pounds lighter in 2 months without you guys. I consider you all my friends. Thank you! :grouphug:

I cannot believe this challenge is coming to an end. You have ALL been such an inspiration. This thread is the first thing I look at in the morning and the last thing I check at night. You are all like family to me.

Lisa ~ thank you so much for being the glue that held us together during this challenge. Your dedication to us and this is stellar. Thank you so much for all of your positive words and hugs and cheers!

Shannon ~ that you so much for being such a great weight-keeper. What a daunting job. I love Excel... you must REALLY love Excel. :)

Dona ~ thank you so much for doing COW each week. I tried my hardest to keep up with COW but I didn't do a very good job. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

All the weekly coaches ~ thank you all for all of your thought provoking questions. I loved answering the questions every day!

QOTD Thursday: As our Spring Challenge comes to an end, what is one thing you learned that you think you will carry forward in your life and in your ongoing weight loss/maintenance journey?

Hmmmm.... that men lose weight faster than women and I should not take it personally. :)

woohoo! CONGRATULATIONS!! :cool1:

I weighed in this morning one pound short of my goal for this challenge. One stinkin', rotten, stubborn pound. :headache: Trying to stay positive because I've done so well overall (I did meet my initial goal before the final weigh-in date was extended). I just keep thinking if I wouldn't have started slacking off I would have been there.

Carmiedog--I am so with you this morning. :hug:

I'm about 1/2 pound away from my revised goal for this challenge. I have really slacked off during the last 2 months of this challenge. I am impressed with your goal to get that last pound off during the break between challenges and wish I had your determination. :thumbsup2

A quick "Thank you" to all the Coaches, Moderators, Helpers and Posters. I am SO thrilled with my results for the challenge and I know I wouldn't have done it with out you. An EXTRA BIG hug to my sister, HappySmyly, for not letting me give-up when life got crazy.:hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm proud of you sis, and I beg you to get me going again after life settles down a bit in a week or so. You've done great and congratulations on meeting your goal. Who would've thought we could do it??? :cheer2: :cheer2:

I look forward to starting the new challenge with you wonderful people.

(Here is a quick list of what you have helped me through:
Grandpa's funeral, studying for & passing the exams for my Master's Degree, a trip to Disneyland, a trip for job interview, husband getting new job and moving, buying a house, selling a house, being a temporary single mom and prepping for the move that will happen next week. It was a CRAZY few months and I would be proud of myself for maintaining my old weight with all the craziness, but you people actually helped me LOSE almost 35 pounds!!)
:love::love::love:

I'm procrastinating a little. I went to the Y, target, got cash, got my rings cleaned and just finished eating an Amy's bowl for lunch. I have a little bit of packing left to do, but getting up at 4:30 is catching up with me. A nap is sounding good. I think I will finish the packing and then try to get a quick catnap in before DH gets home rather than clean anymore.:thumbsup2 When I get back next week, I need to make more of an effort to make sure I am getting enough to eat on these big workout days (95min.) I wasn't hungry so I had a banana before I worked out, got busy afterwards, and then all of a sudden it hit me, and I didn't feel so well. Who would have thought that I would be worrying about getting enough to eat!:rotfl2:

Not sure if I will be on at all this weekend, but have a great weekend everyone and I'll see you next week!

Tracey--hugs to you. I know how much you wanted that 50 pound clippie.
Taryn--Congrats!

Hi all. I was down .8 this week. I don't remember what I started at but I think I may have lost over 30 lbs this challenge and I think I may have even reached my goal for the challenge. It will be interesting to see. I feel really good about my progress this past year and a lot of that is because of all of you! The dishes analogy has helped me SOOOOO much...it was a real turning point for me in my weight loss journey! Also, having you all to come back to helped get me back on track after my disney diva trip in Feb/Mar. Thank you for all of your support and kind words...I haven't been as active on this thread as I have been on some of the previous ones but I love knowing I can always turn to you for advice and help!

Thanks,
SarahMay

Greetings! A huge thank you to you all for being here for me during this challenge--can't believe it's already over... these past few months have flown by. I do hope that your final weigh in for this challenge was good and not a surprise. I'm so impressed with all of us that are still here... way to go! You've been great travel companions on this journey.

I've been AWOL the last couple of days--last night I taught a 'Crockpot and Freezer Meals' class at church--it was a great success and we all had a good time--today is clean up from 2 days of cooking and prep--agh! I have 5 crockpots soaking to get the stuff off... But I found 2 or 3 new recipes to add to my menus--the favorite of the night was Pineapple chicken with sweet potatoes and mushrooms--it has cm of chicken soup - but the rest of it is 'healthy' (I'll post it on the recipe thread once I get it into sparkpeople to know its numbers).

Anyway - I spent most of this morning catching up on the last 5 pages of this thread... so fun to read everyone's letters, dream jobs and what you've learned. As I started this only on January 1--still thinking about what I would say in a letter to myself...

For my dream job--corny - but I would LOVE to work at Disneyland. I think that Disney is in the Details--and I would love to work with creating and maintaining those magical little details that make it such a great place to be. Helping the environment there to be as fabulously magical and happy as it can be. No such job exists--but I would love it :) And these days - when I do go - I try to do that while I am there--love adding magic to other peoples' trips :)

What I've learned? Seriously that could be a huge post... but my keys to success here have been to come here for encouragement every day--even if I don't post--I come here to be reminded and encouraged and enlightened :) I've learned that exercise needs to be a daily thing for me (well, 6 days of 7 - cause Sunday truly is a day of rest for me and mine). I've learned that TONS of water can help 'flush out' a myriad of 'mistakes' that periodically find their way into my mouth ;) I've also learned that accountability and taking responsibility for each and every choice is really important--and that every mistake can be fixed with the next decision :)

Lisa - thanks for putting me on your top ten list :hug: I'm really hoping to make it on the challenge's top 10--but being on your top ten list meant a lot--thanks so much!!

Shannon - thank you so much for all you've done as the weight keeper--I have appreciated your responses to my emails and your encouragement.

Dona - what can I say? The COWs have helped me SOOOOOO much this challenge. I hope that you get the rest this summer that you are wanting.

All BL participants - thank you for being here, for posting and for all of that wonderful positive energy that you have been sending through this incredible internet to everyone else--this has been a great place to spend some time and I am looking forward to the summer challenge and in setting my goals this week for this summer. :grouphug:

And - my biggest thanks to my sister, Kimara, who reminded me about this challenge and challenged me to be a part of it... she is the one I was accountable to every single day since January 1.... I reported weight, exercise and food to her and her to me--which helped me stay or get back to program :) You lost 35, I lost 38.5--who'd have thunk it :)

Enjoy the week--especially the awe-filled wonders of this season of new growth and living things--gotta love spring--enjoy the flowers and times with family and friends. Hope to see you all on the summer challenge :)

:) Liz

Maiziezoe - okay stop spinning - you're making me dizzy!:rotfl: Love the 45 pound clippie but it's already too big on you! ;)

Flipflopmom - 50 pounds!!:woohoo: Awesome!!!

I'm at a standstill weight loss right now, well actually down from last week but back where I was. ;) Still that's 15 for the challenge that I was wearing before it!

See you all (I hope!!!) on the between the losers. (Does that remind anyone else of that PBS show Between the Lions????)

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome backs :goodvibes
I will be joining the Summer BL. I still trying to get back on track, but slowly and serlly I am. I so want to go to Forks Washington and I might be able to go during a Twilight Convention if I move fast. So wish me luck :thumbsup2

Fallen completely off the wagon today. Skipped lunch but had some sherbet and M&Ms for lunch. Having a large "bad" drink and chips and dip for an appy. DH just put the swordfish on and I made the WackyMac pasta salad. I think I need a break to get over this and refocus tomorrow. Not sure about the exercise tomorrow as I will be running around until about 4pm.

Have a great night!

Can I just add that I have celebrated my 50 lb clippie by spending an hour pouring over menus for WDW? I am really going to try to stay OP, maybe even high gear until then, but for that week, sorry everyone, I am not going to care about what I eat. Right now, it all sounds so good. :laughing:

Sounds like everyone is feeling motivated to stick with it for summer. :yay:

Tracey - I would bet we'll have matching clippies by the beginning of the summer challenge!

Can I just add that I have celebrated my 50 lb clippie by spending an hour pouring over menus for WDW? I am really going to try to stay OP, maybe even high gear until then, but for that week, sorry everyone, I am not going to care about what I eat. Right now, it all sounds so good. :laughing:

Sounds like everyone is feeling motivated to stick with it for summer. :yay:

Tracey - I would bet we'll have matching clippies by the beginning of the summer challenge!

I hope so but not after the way I've eaten tonight! Now I need a big drink of water! Really thirsty tonight! Didn't get in all of my water today! And had 2 cans of Diet Mt. Dew! Today was a splurge day and I certainly did splurge! Burgers or spaghetti tomorrow night. Lunch is all over the place as we are going separate ways in the early afternoon!

I can't believe how fast the last 5 months have flown by. I think I'm only down a little over 11 pounds for the challenge. Thats okay I'll take it. I can't wait to start the next one. I really enjoyed being a part of all this with you. Thank you so much for all of your support and your prayers. I really appreciate it. I feel I can come here and just let go of anything that is on my mind. It really helps to let things go here and not keep it all bottled up inside. Being able to come here makes you realize that you are not alone.

Congratulations to all of you. I hope to see you all in the next BL.

We have a new Five Guys restaurant in town which dh and I tried tonight. I made sure to check the nutrition info first so I made an informed decision. I used a bunch of my allowance points for the week but it was good and I had fun!

Later,
SarahMay

Morning Everyone! I am checking in because I feel if I put it all out there for everyone to read, I will be fine and I will not get off track. So, here it is...

I applied for a new job because I can't stay where I am at (private school teacher - very little pay, no benefits, lots of extra duties that teachers should not have to do, etc). Got a call to interview at the old school where I used to work (public school but I was cut due to the budget reduction). I will interview on Monday afternoon. I was not really going to announce this news but here is the problem....I am a total bundle of nerves and stress. I want this job so badly and know I will be devastated if I do not get the job. So, what do I do when I am nervous and stressed out? I eat. I know that I should not but I do. Knowing this, I have to figure out how to get through this upcoming week. I know that I interview on Monday and so does one other person. I know that there is a 3rd interview on Wednesday. My hope is that the principal lets us know by Friday who got the position but meanwhile, I have a whole week to deal with and honestly...I am freaking out a little. This job would mean so much to my family as it would be over a 10K raise.

It was last spring when I was cut that I gained a huge amount of weight because I was stressed about not having a job. I do not want to gain any weight back this time because truthfully, I like how I look now and I feel so much better about me. I still have work to to and I am worried that maybe I won't make it.

I know...this is all over reacting. It is one interview and it is one week of waiting. Only problem is that it is also the slippery path to eating for all the wrong reasons again.

I am going to talk with DH today because I know that I am going to need help. I know I need to battle the nerves and stress with extra exercise and very planned out meals. I know that I am going to need to drink water and lots of it. I know I need to journal all my food this week. I am going to set the TM back up and walk non-stop while I watch TV so that I don't just sit, eat and watch TV without thinking.

Alright, I am done being whiny and weak. I have ideas and I can do this. Here is to hoping that this is a fast week!

Happy, Healthy and FOCUSED weekend everyone!
Jen

OK, I'm over my pity party!

Starting off the day right with my strawberry yogurt smoothie. Going to have a lean pocket for lunch. We're going to grill some burgers for supper so that will be my bad thing for the day.

I'll try and come back on tonight but not until then as I won't be home much of the afternoon.

Jen - you have a great plan. Lots of ppd for your interview. Try to get as much exercise in as you can between now and Monday, so you will enter the interview feeling strong and confident. Just think about how empowering it will be to walk in knowing you are stronger than you were last year, you are too strong to let this get you down an unhealthy path now. That will show in your interview, which will mean an even better interview. The principal will be taken aback by your new confidence and strength. Seek exercise for endorphins and stress relief, not food. Fuel your body the right way. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Morning Everyone! I am checking in because I feel if I put it all out there for everyone to read, I will be fine and I will not get off track. So, here it is...

I applied for a new job because I can't stay where I am at (private school teacher - very little pay, no benefits, lots of extra duties that teachers should not have to do, etc). Got a call to interview at the old school where I used to work (public school but I was cut due to the budget reduction). I will interview on Monday afternoon. I was not really going to announce this news but here is the problem....I am a total bundle of nerves and stress. I want this job so badly and know I will be devastated if I do not get the job. So, what do I do when I am nervous and stressed out? I eat. I know that I should not but I do. Knowing this, I have to figure out how to get through this upcoming week. I know that I interview on Monday and so does one other person. I know that there is a 3rd interview on Wednesday. My hope is that the principal lets us know by Friday who got the position but meanwhile, I have a whole week to deal with and honestly...I am freaking out a little. This job would mean so much to my family as it would be over a 10K raise.

It was last spring when I was cut that I gained a huge amount of weight because I was stressed about not having a job. I do not want to gain any weight back this time because truthfully, I like how I look now and I feel so much better about me. I still have work to to and I am worried that maybe I won't make it.

I know...this is all over reacting. It is one interview and it is one week of waiting. Only problem is that it is also the slippery path to eating for all the wrong reasons again.

I am going to talk with DH today because I know that I am going to need help. I know I need to battle the nerves and stress with extra exercise and very planned out meals. I know that I am going to need to drink water and lots of it. I know I need to journal all my food this week. I am going to set the TM back up and walk non-stop while I watch TV so that I don't just sit, eat and watch TV without thinking.

Alright, I am done being whiny and weak. I have ideas and I can do this. Here is to hoping that this is a fast week!

Jen

I am totally a stress eater too. For me I need to have lots of healthy snacks and they must have no preparation or I will chose something bad every time. I also keep busy that way I don't have time to snack. You can do it, just put in a little prep time immediately and you'll have tools available to do this. Good luck :wizard:

Maiziezoe - okay stop spinning - you're making me dizzy!:rotfl: Love the 45 pound clippie but it's already too big on you! ;)

See you all (I hope!!!) on the between the losers. (Does that remind anyone else of that PBS show Between the Lions????)

Just one more reason why I like my friend Jen so very much!

Between the Lions... I remember it well!!

We have a new Five Guys restaurant in town which dh and I tried tonight. I made sure to check the nutrition info first so I made an informed decision. I used a bunch of my allowance points for the week but it was good and I had fun!

Later,
SarahMay

Oh My Gosh... I LOVE 5 Guys!! Last time we ate there I had a kids single burger, no mayo and NO fries. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. :)

Jen

:hug: Jen. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I think you are smart for asking your hubby for help. It always helps me to know I have someone keeping an eye out for me. :hug: You'll do great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter