Biggest Loser 4 Week 2 Challenge #1 is on Page 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok- here is a veggie idea to try if you haven't had one before--- Spaghetti Squash!!!! Here is some info on them and they are very easy to fix. Cut them in half scrape out the seeds and bake them face down on a cookie sheet on 375 for about 45 min. Cool and then use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti. Add your own sauce.

Spaghetti squash originated in Mexico/Central America. There are different varieties, with interesting names as "Orangetti", originally developed as an orange variety in Israel in 1986, and "Hasta La Pasta" (!!!), more similar to zucchini.
Spaghetti squash is considered a fruit: the flesh is very low in calories (50 per 100 g edible portion VS. about 350 calories per 100 grams dry pasta), an excellent source of folic acid, high in fiber, contribute a fair amount of potassium, and small amounts of vitamin A to the diet, and are very low in sodium . The more yellow the squash, the more flavorful.

Spaghetti Squash can be baked, boiled or steamed, and served with sauce as for pasta.

yep, I am so sad about the biking. I wanted to do this so so much.

Tonight my right foot is very swollen and red and sore to the touch. It is actually red with inflammation. Sleeping is pretty tough 'caue just for the sheets to touch it is extremely painful.

If it is this bad on Monday, I will either go to the hospital or to the Dr. and see what they can give me to help relieve the pain.

Tuesday I take my pet, Shelby, in for a pretty serious operation of her neck and I want to leave on Wednesday just ASA I see that she is OK. If she isn't too good, I'll stay home until Thursday morning and just drive up to the Port the same morning. The Vet has pretty much assured me that she will be OK - but you never know. She is 15 yo and that is pretty old for her to be operated on for a serious matter.

CONGRATULATIONS on your walking event. That is great. I can't even do that aright now. What a bummer.

Today was beautiful outside so i took advantage of it. I walked the park which is 3 miles. My brother went with me and this afternoon he said i was really moving and a couple of times he had to speed up just to keep with me. This is a huge compliment because the is alot quicker than me(6-8 min miles). As far as the challenge goes the only thing i am having problems with is the fruits and vegetables. I love to try new ones so they are hard to find. I will review the list that was posted and see if i can find them. I have been faithful to my lifestyle change since the 2nd of January(i'm so proud of myself) for my eating, I need to excercise more but i hope to change that next week by waking up earlier and doing it then rather than waiting until after work.

Kay sorry to hear you cant ride your bike i know you really wanted to. When do you leave on the cruise is it tomorrow or next thursday?

Have a great night everyone.

tl_swift Ok- here is a veggie idea to try if you haven't had one before--- Spaghetti Squash!!!! Here is some info on them and they are very easy to fix. Cut them in half scrape out the seeds and bake them face down on a cookie sheet on 375 for about 45 min. Cool and then use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti. Add your own sauce.

Spaghetti squash originated in Mexico/Central America. There are different varieties, with interesting names as "Orangetti", originally developed as an orange variety in Israel in 1986, and "Hasta La Pasta" (!!!), more similar to zucchini.
Spaghetti squash is considered a fruit: the flesh is very low in calories (50 per 100 g edible portion VS. about 350 calories per 100 grams dry pasta), an excellent source of folic acid, high in fiber, contribute a fair amount of potassium, and small amounts of vitamin A to the diet, and are very low in sodium . The more yellow the squash, the more flavorful.

Spaghetti Squash can be baked, boiled or steamed, and served with sauce as for pasta.

One thing I would recommend, which I prepare most of my squashes this way is to prepare them in the microwave - the time is a lot less. I can send you instructions, just PM me.

Today I picked up an asian pear apple & a chayote squash for my new to me fruit & veggie for the challange. I will do fine on the breakfast, as I eat it everyday. Water is going to be tough but it is one of the things I want to work on anyway. I drink a lot of herbal teas and count this as water but would to get in more plain water.

Today has been an okay day so far. My calories are within range and I am set to do a 4 mile in home walking workout. Today I bought myself a new workout outfit. I also bought myself a new pair of jeans SIZE 8, and they fit. The ones I got for Christmas are also size 8 but they are more like a size 6 and don't fit. They are the same brand but different "style" so that must be the difference. I am so happy to fit in a single digit size.

Well off to workout...tomorrow is my weight in day. Here's hoping to see a loss and not another maintainence for the 4th week.

Yesterday, 08:46 PM #269
PRINCESS VIJA
BL3 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Posts: 4,667 YAY for me!!!! Guess where DH is taking me for my 40th???? Can you say Hurray for WDW!!!!! We are going the same time frame as DD and I did last year, during F&WF and MNSSHP! I even told DH that we have to dress up and He said YES!!!!!

OMG I am soooo excited! I simply can not wait! Now I am so pumped up to loose the weight. Last time I was physically miserable/uncomfortable. I don't want that at all this time, I am so ready to get this done!

I am SO HAPPY :yay: for you! How lucky you are. If you look in my siggie I now have a link to the TR that my daughter did which it is full of details, and we actually stayed one extra day just to go to MNSSHP! What a fun time we all had dressing up. Please look the TR over, when you have time, there are lots of pictures included also.

Again, what a wonderful thing to look foward to. DH and I also celebrated our 26th anniversary during our time at WDW. DH had plenty of surprises that were not revealed until the trip, he is an excellent planner and a good secret keeper! :upsidedow

Hello everyone!!
so i've been trying some new fruits and veggies too. i have never done a challenge before and was wondering how and when we report it??
i had a weak moment last night.. went to the cheesecake factory for dinner last night and did reallu good with my choice of dinner, but then when it came around for dessert i couldn't say no. so my friend and i shared a pice of cheesecake. I have done so well all week... hope i didn't blow it all on one night....

OH Man The Cheesecake Factory is my FAVORITE restaurant. I just love, love, love their FARFALLE WITH CHICKEN AND ROASTED GARLIC :love: . You did real good if you made it out of there. ::yes:: And their portion sizes are just huge. When we go there I usually ask for an extra plate and either my DD or my DH will split it with me.

Even while trying to lose weight a treat now and then is okay. You did GREAT you shared a piece with your friends. You didn't have the entire piece yourself, so that right there cut the calories.

Good morning everyone! Friday wasn't a great day as it was really really busy at work. I was so beat when I got home I didn't even turn on the computer. I had wanted to work out that evening but was just too spent. Still I got my good breakfast and my water and stayed away from fast food even though friends wanted to go out for lunch to Taco Bell.

Saturday was much better. Not only did I get my water in, but also a good breakfast, no fast food, and time to do something besides snacking. I was going to do scrapbooking but DH needed to be working in the computer room setting up a new receiver for the TV. So I headed down to the family room. I found a hooked rug I had started years ago. I sat down and did that and spent about 40 minutes doing it. Nice and relaxing. I don't think I would have picked it up again if it wasn't for this challenge. Best of all I picked up a new workout video and tried it last night. Gave me a really good 30 minute workout.

The fruits and vegtables are the hard part for me. I'm not very good at eating them or trying them.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning all.

Went out to dinner last night after mass. Did extremely well. When they put out those yummy yeast rolls I said no and did not even have one. Ate my chicken ceasar while the rest had steak, ribs etc. Managed to watch foot ball with out snacking, just kept drinking water. Hope todays games go as well. Go Giants!!!!!

Have a great Sunday.

hi all!! Had an ok, week, was good during the day, but night...well - tomorrow (and today) is a new day!
I am going to haev to try spagetti squash.

I absolutely love spaghetti squash. Many times I make it for myself if I am serving pasta to the family.

Please get the directions for microwaving from lynnielou.

Funny story about microwaving spaghetti squash. I must not have poked it enough, since I usually cook a small one and I don't need to cut it. I was in the family room and all of a sudden I heard a loud noise coming from the kitchen. It was the squash. It had blown out one end and the micro was covered in strings of squash. It took a while to clean that up.

I wasn't too bad yesterday. I stayed in where I wanted to be. Today I will be busy but I have planned out what I am going to go with and it should work out okay.

Two pounds down now!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully I'll lose another 1/2 pound by weigh-in day.

I'm off to my first grocery shopping trip since starting the WISH challenge. Wish me luck!

I'm planning on packing lunch this week. (I'm a school lunch lady, so I usually don't have to. I must say, though, that a lot of our menu items are truly not THAT bad for you as opposed to other schools.) I do a lot of packing my version of bento boxes. If you haven't ever heard of it, it's a Japanese way of packing lunches. While I am in total AWE of some of the creative ways I've seen REAL bento lunches posted online (Some are decorated to look VERY fancy and look like cartoon characters, flowers, etc.), I have adapted it to be much simpler for myself. In all, I make sure that my lunch has a MINIMUM of five colors represented. It also has to fit into the Tupperware container I have chosen. This means I NEVER pack a whole sandwich. It also means I don't just have one big container of one type of food. Having so much of a variety of foods represented means I'm hardly ever bored with my food choices and I get lots of diversified vitamins and minerals, kwim? It really helps me get a physical boost for the day, and I feel good knowing I didn't eat too many carbs... or not enough of fruits and veggies.

I typed a reply, but where did it go??

I was fessing up. Now I have to do it TWICE?! This is really unfair.

Me, last night: eating chocolate, ramen noodles, pudding, and ice cream. All by myself because I was feeling like I needed a little guilty pleasure. DBF is in Puerto Vallarta with his family right now, but I couldn't afford to take time off work to go. Now I'm spending money on this junk?! I feel horrible for having let myself down. I was hoping he would come back to me minus a few pounds, not a fridge, garbage can, and me full of junk!!

The plusses of last night: Still did exercises, like crunches, tricep dips, leg raises, etc. Ate a pomegranate.

Me, this morning: already did pilates video. Off to visit the TM and start a new book on the exercise bike. Eating a breakfast of yogurt and granola.

I need to do quite a bit of grading papers, etc., and I am having some girls over for dinner tonight (stir fry with chicken, fresh veggies and brown jasmine rice). I am going to devote the morning to making myself healthier and then work this afternoon on school stuff. I am also going to do some cleaning and maybe even paint my tooties and fingernails! We'll see how far I get.

Thanks for giving me a place to share my shortfalls and for all of the support you all offer. Next time I'll do better!

Oh, and I am doing well on the challenge, I just need to focus more on that hobby challenge!

Enjoy your day, everybody. Keep it up!

Well today is my weigh in day for me. And after three weeks of maintaining I had a loss of 2.4#. So in addition to my new size clippie, I get a new weight clippie. It has ben a long time. I swear I have been like forever since I have gotten new clippies. Going back to journalling my food has really helped me stay on track. And getting all the extra holiday treats out of the house is also a plus. I am not one to deny myself a treat once in a while but having easy access to so many yummy treats is just deadly. I updated my myspace with new photos. I think you will have to add me as a friend to view them. Send me a message letting me know you are from the DIS and I will add you.

Wow, everybody is doing GREAT!!!! I agree witha previous poster, breakfast, water and no fast food will be easy for me, but the new fruits/veggies is going to be a problem... We had a bday party for DD yesterday, wound up in the ER, DS (5) cut his head on a door and needed to be glued, he is doing good. I did have spincach salad for the first time yesterday, so at least that is one new veggie:banana:

My eating was OK, not as healthy as the past few days but I did watch portions instead of a whole hershey bar for smores I only had 2 squares, ate salad first and only a bite or 2 of bday cake, this board has been a HUGE helps

Happy Birthday to the bday girl, awesome that Vija is going to Disney for her 40th, I may have to try that:)

Onward and Downward

So in addition to my new size clippie, I get a new weight clippie.
Woot! Way to go!
Had my pummelo for breakfast. It is just basically a big grapefruit. I expected it to be stronger than a grapefruit because of its size, but it actually was a more mello flavor and sweeter.
Once way back when I was a teen, I helped out an elderly lady that was recovering from a hip injury. She introduced me what she called your 'old world breakfast drink". Mug of hot water, teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, and a tsp or two of honey. Might be a way to make your water a little different. I also will sometime put a bit of apple cider vinegar in my cold water bottle (about tsp or two in my 32 oz of water). I like the taste and it does kinda change it up from the plain water thing. It was also pretty useful when I used to work at a park, kept the guys from empting my gallon water I kept in the 'fridge. I told them the apple cider was for femine reasons, hehe.

by Disneychrista
I also bought myself a new pair of jeans SIZE 8, and they fit.

:cloud9: :dance3: :cloud9: :thumbsup2 :cloud9: :dance3: :cloud9:

Now - you haven't cut that tag off yet have you? It should be proudly displayed as you model SIZE 8 jeans :yay: :yay:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I worked out today. I did an hour combo of cardio and weights. I was supposed to workout Friday but the day got away from me with all the stuff I had to do and Saturday I just got lazy.

I did learn that I have to do my workouts in the morning or something just always happens to pop up.

One thing I am proud of is no eating out last week! It's been a little tough but I have been planning in the morning what to eat and it has really helped. Not only does that save us money but calories as well :)

disneychrista Congrats on the new size and the new clippie. It looks great on you.

I was just at an award ceremony and I turned down a piece of cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter