Biggest Loser 10 Fall Challenge -- for losers and maintainers :)

Kathy (Mikamah)- Yes, I'm doing the one in Littleton. Another Diser who was at the Christmas Carol train get together is also doing it with me! There's one on Thanksgiving morning in Stow that I may do as well. I was going to tdo the half marathon in Lowell on Oct. 17 but not ready yet for that and my parents will be here.

Redwalker- Can't wait until your party!

I'm still a bit up from Friday but not by much and I'm working really hard this week. I have done 5.12 miles so far today and hoping to get in another 2-3 miles on the track tonight. I have to get chugging on my water as I'm a bit behind. I have been really good today I had my breakfast at the WC and then I had a WW meal for lunch. I did just have 3 little Hershey bars that totaled 200 calories. I'm going to use the pita for the sloppy joes tonight and actually have it more like a pizza. I will have some parmesan cheese on top and they will be made out of ground turkey. If I'm hungry when I get home I will possibly make myself a strawberry smoothie with my Greek yogurt.

Gonna have a hard time deciding whether to watch Glee or BL tonight. I will probably watch Glee and then watch BL on demand tomorrow since we don't get Glee on demand. I have the day off tomorrow so I will get some cleaning done and get in some workouts and also go to the WC at 6:30 with DD1. I will get in the 2 miles when I wake up and do the 5K after DD2 gets home from school at noon. I like to do it while watching Y&R which I need to watch tomorrow morning while cleaning.

Time to get DD1 going on her homework so we can possibly watch Tinkerbell before dancing and soccer at 6. I also have to run to the dump.

It's helping me get the 5K done by not allowing myself back on here until it's done. I will have to get up early on Saturday to get in at least 2 miles before beginning our running around to two soccer games and 2 parties.

TTFN

I woke up today to my summer goal finally being reached, 35 total lbs lost!!!! Within a week I should be saying bye-bye to the 140’s and hellooooo to the 130’s. Im super excited and motivated. Now its only 12 more pounds to go to reach my Fall goal.

Congratulations! You must be so excited!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Well, I did not get a subbing job today so I am going to try to be productive. .. Alright, time to quit typing about all there is to get done and actual get started on doing it all. I know while I was typing this, there were many more posts. I will try to keep up today since I am off of work.

Jen - I hope your day was a good mix of productivity and taking it easy. Did you get out for your "preview run" of 3 miles before your run with DH?

Quick NSV story to share....
I was putting away laundry and put a pair of jeans in DD's closet. She came to me later and told me that they weren't HER jeans, they were MY jeans. I was pretty sure they weren't. We held them up and looked at them..... seemed our size. Then we looked at the tag. They belong to my 12 y/o DS! AMAZING! Who would have ever thought my jeans would be similar in size to my DS!!?? I even noticed when hanging clothes on the line that most of my clothes are SMALLER than DS's clothes!! And DD (15) and I are pretty much the same size right now (although she is taller). WOOHOO!

Pamela - What an exciting NSV!!! You should be so proud of yourself for all you have accomplished! :flower3:

I haven't read too far ahead yet, so if you've answered this, forgive me. Just so I can prepare, what constitutes an ingredient? DO things like spices & oil or water count?

So I weighed myself first thing this morning, and I was down two more pounds! So this would be almost 2 1/2 since Friday. The new things I'm doing this week must be working! So hopefully they stay off til this Friday!

I think I will make it "5 ingredients or less (not including spices and oils)". Congratulations on the loss! I hope those pounds stay away until Friday and beyond. :goodvibes

Today's schedule: Cleaning. Have to sweep the floor, I have dog fur floating around like tumbleweeds and cat toys scattered everywhere. This can be a tough task since Boo (kitten) chases the broom around as I sweep, then jumps into the pile after like its a pile of leaves. Then I have to do it all over.
Boo sounds adorable! That description gave me a huge smile! :)

Yes, the thought that I asked for this and am paying for it did cross my mind a time or two yesterday. :rolleyes1 :lmao: But it is totally worth it, even though my legs and stomach are sore today. It will be more like a walk than a run today.
At least you'll be moving. That is really what matters. So glad you had a good workout. Think you should send a hate text to your trainer from your muscles? LOL!

Well - I am suffering from a deplorable lack of time today - and am having to choose between thoroughly enjoying your wonderful posts or putting on my work-out stuff and doing a half walk and half WATP workout before I have to train my next client--so - I am posting because that is my goal this week--to get me back into the swing of things--but that's all I have time for today...agh - very frustrating - cause it's so nice to read all your stuff.

So glad you made time to spend with us, Liz! :hug:

Points work well for me when I track. I do really really well when I stay OP with WW.
So glad you've figured out what works for you, Melissa. :thumbsup2 BTW, have you ever considered Lands End uniform pants? some of them have reinforced knees.

GOOD NEWS- back down to my friday weight. I think the whoosh of TOM is finally beginning. I am going to run tonight since its a beautiful day here.

Congratulations, Lindsay! Have a great run! So glad DH is home so that you can run.

Bree - So glad you liked the song lyrics. :) Very motivational and a great beat. Oh, and I am so excited to hear about your B2B sailings on the Dream.

Hi lisah

Yes, I had dropped out for a while..I have found my way back. We have a new puppy named Luna. She is a yellow lab and so sweet. My heart was so empty with out my other dog, I am so happy to have her.

Welcome back! So glad Luna came into your life. She sounds like a darling. :dog:

Connie --There were donuts here yesterday, too. Our whole kitchen smelled like deep-fried donut goodness. I went in there for coffee and then stayed away until lunchtime, by which time the entire box had been devoured, thank God. Today it was leftover french fries. :eek:
I hope DD is doing better and her fever is gone.
BTW Step AWAY from the freezer -- you'll feel so smug and accomplished if you avoid that ice cream (and rightly so). Maybe you can promise yourself a small portion for a post-run dessert?
Thanks for the book review; I'll have to check that out.

Well, I probably won't be around again until much later tonight. I have a 5:00 partners' meeting and then have to be at Andrew's school for a senior class parents' meeting that will probably take most of the evening (yes, I am missing "Glee"-- the only TV show I watch :( and no, we don't have a DVR; I'll have to hope the episodes are available on hulu again this season).

BBL! Have a great evening, everyone!

Hello everyone,

Wow, its been a really busy few days and it took my free time yesterday and today to catch up on this thread! We celebrated DH's birthday on Saturday, had a birthday party in the park for the kids on Sunday, it was my daughter's birthday yesterday and my son's is today. I have been surrounded by food that is not normally in the house and haven't had as much time to exercise (just getting in a few walks here and there). I had been thinking about the suggestion that I am not getting enough calories and one thing that I definitely need to work on is having more in the morning. I need to add some lean protein to give me more energy to get through my day. I have eaten a little more the last few days and felt much better. I am having a little water retention right now, but hopefully that will go away soon. Normally TOM would have arrived by now, but I am so happy to report that it hasn't yet! My cycles had gotten way too close together and I have been working hard to get them more properly spaced apart. I can tell that its coming soon, but I don't feel as crummy as I sometimes do.

QOTD Sunday: My Aha experience last year was getting a biopsy. I had a cyst that was discovered last year and was being monitored. I had increased my activity and improved my diet but it wasn't enough. The whole biopsy experience showed me that I needed to step it up. I have this year, and my scan in April was clean :thumbsup2.

QOTD Monday: My food kryptonite is ice cream! We don't ever buy it and only very occasionally go out for it. I was eating ice cream way too often when my son was little and was able to gradually decrease the amount I was eating. I would see how long I could go without having any (or really even thinking about wanting ice cream). My longest was 6 weeks. I also don't keep m&ms, chips, or cookies in the house. I do occasionally have a 100 calorie pack of chips, but I am able to have just the one bag.

QOTD Tuesday: (see previous mention of love of ice cream) Mickey Ice Cream Bars! I've had one bar on every trip, which is more than enough. I definitely wouldn't want to have this available every day. My favorite WDW meal was Boma, and my favorite DLR treat is clam chowder in a bread bowl. Definitely things I don't want access to every day.

Lisah-Congratulations on an 8 pound loss already! I am in awe of how well you do! What's the biggest thing you think is keeping you successful right now?

Bree-Congratulations on reaching ONEderland! That is so awesome. Never look back!

Cam-I have to chime in and say that I love your wedding vow renewal pictures too. So gorgeous!

Julie and all the others out there struggling with parent issues-My heart really goes out to you and all you work to overcome. I hope everyone on this thread can someday look in the mirror without hearing negative voices and seeing the strong beautiful women they are. I am trying to be more positive. I was looking at myself the other day and noticed that my shoulders have become more defined. I told DH this and he said that they had looked that way for months now, I just hadn't noticed. Here's to focusing on the positive!

CC-I hope your toe isn't broken. I banged my little toe a couple of months ago and it really does take a while to stop hurting.

Taryn-I am sorry you were really feeling you father's loss this weekend.

I had better go fit in a treadmill workout before I have to go get the kids (I love that my youngest is in kindergarten now!) and continue the birthday celebrations.

Lisa -- How fun to have all those birthdays so close together. :sunny: (We think it is fun in our family that DH is June, DS is July, I am August, and DD is September).
What a sweet compliment by your husband. Glad you were able to recognize the changes in your body that are the result of your efforts. :thumbsup2

BTW Step AWAY from the freezer -- you'll feel so smug and accomplished if you avoid that ice cream (and rightly so).

I almost gave in, but decided on yogurt and strawberries instead. I feel much better.

My new running shoes arrived today! :woohoo::woohoo: You know what's weird, though? It's the same brand, same model, same size as the pair I already have, but a different color and... they are signficantly bigger than my other pair. I'm going to run in them this evening, but I don't know if I need to return them for a smaller size or if this is just a fluky pair and I need to order another pair in the same size... I guess I'll just call them and see if they can offer any suggestions that won't cost me a fortune in return shipping.

QOTD for Tuesday, September 21: What is your favorite food item or meal at Disneyworld, Disneyland or the Disney Cruise Line? And, if you could have that food item in your every day life, would you want it to be available?

I may have to give up on catching up and just jump in...still so far behind at work and home...

My very favorite food item at WDW is a carrot cake cookie from Goofy's Candy Company. If I could have it every day of my life I would not want it to be available, because I would surely eat it! :rotfl2:

Eating a little better each day, but no official running workouts for me until Thursday. Yesterday I did 72 minutes of office laps, I had yoga today and 35 minutes of office laps. I'm hoping for more office laps tomorrow, since they seem to be reliable! :thumbsup2

My tivo is getting a workout tonight -- Glee, BL, 19 & Procreating, Warehouse 13, Daily Show and Colbert. And I still haven't watched Castle and Hawaii HunkCity yet from last night.

Anyone see the ads for the TLC show Sister Wives?

Maria :upsidedow

Wow, this thread is moving really, really fast!!

Good morning, everyone. Just jumping on real quick to post the question of the day. Thought I'd make it a fluff one. ;)

QOTD for Tuesday, September 21: What is your favorite food item or meal at Disneyworld, Disneyland or the Disney Cruise Line? And, if you could have that food item in your every day life, would you want it to be available?

My favorite is the very healthy Mickey Ice cream bar. I need my calcium, you know.

JenA- I just finished the Nonrunners marathon guide for women, and I think it was you who recommended it. I thought of you every time she was talking about "chipper Jen". In the book Chipper Jen is her running partner, and the girl writing the book is dying during most of her training, and Jen is so positive and up beat that is drives her crazy. The book was hilarious, and also very inspiring too.
Just discovered Mickey bars on our last trip to WDW - what was I thinking about before then??? LOVE them. Also love the lobster on DCL - but part of that just might be because the waiters take it out of the shell for me - no sticky fingers!! Also in the running are the DCL lava cakes ...

As for "Chipper Jen"....Jen might bust a gut while reading that!!! :lmao::lmao::rotfl2:

Jude -- Congrats on finishing the book. It is so nice that you can do something so thoughtful for someone who has touched your life in such a positive way. I hope you enjoy the expo this weekend. Do they have a speaker series where Jay and Mark will be talking?
Let me just say: I am stupid sometimes. The expo is not til Oct 9 and the race is Oct 10. My mind was ahead of my fingers.... I don't know if they will be speaking just signing something. I hope there is an opportunity to talk to them ...

Well.... today I MUST finish the 100 adoption shower invitations I am making for my SIL... what a project! I should have my HEAD examined next time I agree to anything like this!!

Can't WAIT for the newest season of BL tonight!! TTYL.............P

Wow - What a great SIL you are :worship::worship:!!!!

I woke up today to my summer goal finally being reached, 35 total lbs lost!!!! Within a week I should be saying bye-bye to the 140’s and hellooooo to the 130’s. Im super excited and motivated. Now its only 12 more pounds to go to reach my Fall goal. I feel that’s its doable now that I have these new healthy habits eating style. My coworkers were even commenting yesterday to me that Im practically vegetarian now with all the fruits and veggies I eat. I do make sure to get my calcium and protein in for the day though. Hope everyone has a good day today!

WOOOHOOO!! Congratulations!!! I am in the 140s and am so afraid of falling back to the 150s. Working toward the 130s...

CC, I hope that your toe is okay. Ouch!!

Shannon, so exciting to move into a new house!!!

Taryn :grouphug::grouphug:

Ran 5.3 on the dreadmill today. I am working on my tempo runs and was able to do it about 9:45. :goodvibes I really, really want to keep my half at 10 - 10:15 min miles but am afraid that I am not ready for it (yes, I'm whining. But I am afraid to feel confident, you know??) The half is on Oct 10. It seemed like so long away for so long - and now it seems way, way too close!!:scared1:

Busy few nights coming up. Tomorrow night is 6th grade Open house at DD's school. So far she really likes middle school - I hope it stays this happy!!
Thursday is the PTSO meeting at the high school. I have to make sauce and meatballs tonight for DS's team dinner on Friday. And Friday is also the start of my 20th law school reunion (yup, I'm old!!! LOLOL) DS's football team plays my (HS) alma mater Saturday morning and Saturday night is Pop Warner game! Time to get organized in anticipation of everything!! Have a good night everyone!
Jude

Just a short note to. I tried to get on here early this morning but the boards were down

I had one of those days. I have someone who is going to be observing my classes this semester. I told her to come in this monring. Boy I didn't think this one out. I had my lesson plans to do, two tests to write up and too many papers on my desk that have to be graded. By having her come in today meant that I would have no free time at all. I got some things done but I still have one more test to write up before go to bed.

QOTD I think it would be the dole whip.

Have some things to do so I have to go.

Have a great evening tonight. I can't believe that Glee and BL are against each other. I just got into Glee this summer. I guess I will be channel surfing. I usually don't like the first week of BL.

Bree--did I read you reached one-derland? Woohoo!

Yesterday I worked out with my trainer again. It was a tough workout but as DH and DS said "you didn't feel like you were going to throw up and you didn't have to lie down for an hour so it must have been okay!" :rotfl2: I really do not like the elliptical but I can tell it is good for my legs so I will keep working on it, although I have to confess even 3 minutes just about does me in.

The good news is that I am down another 2.5 pounds since Friday which puts me down 8 for the challenge so far and within 6 pounds of my prepregnancy weight -- a number I haven't seen in more than 11 years! I have a real shot at ONE-derland this challenge! :woohoo:

Have a great day all!
Woohoo For 8 pounds!!! I can see one-derland in your future. Your son's comments made me smile.:goodvibes I have had a couple on runs where I have had to lay down for a few minutes, so I totally understand.:goodvibes

Good morning everyone. I'll try to catch up before I go to work. I am back on track as of yesterday. Kept within my points, and ate healthy. I got out for a 6 mile run/walk, my longest yet, and averaged 15.10 min miles, so I was thrilled to be under wdw sweep time. A friends husband drove by me on the last mile and I so wanted to yell to him to pick me up and bring me home, but I didn't. He yelled out the window and clapped for me, so it actually pushed me to keep running. I was a little sore last night, but feel back to normal today. No running this morning, but hope to get out with michael after work for a bike ride.

Off to work now. I'm sure I've forgotten someone, so happy wishes to everyone for a healthy and sunny tuesday. :) And hugs to all who need them.:grouphug:
Great job Kathy!

favourite Disney food is at DL: bacon wrapped asparagus and the different kinds of meat skewers from the Bengal BBQ! And I wouldn't want it available everyday because the specialness would rub off :goodvibes

woke up early this morning and couldn't sleep so I came on here and got the weighins entered. I'm hoping to get the results up early this evening.

Got possession of our new house, and it was interesting to show the girls what will be their new home. They were excited and also emotional, with a few tears from each of them. Off to get ready for work now.

Have a great day everybody!
Oh-bacon. Bacon is the only thing I miss as a vegetarian. I crave it sometimes.:rotfl: Congrats on getting into the new house!

Rose -- Your son must be so proud of all you have accomplished, and what an amazing example you have set for him. I really do hope he finds his niche. That is one of my concerns for Andrew. If he chooses a school with no marching band, or chooses not to be in it or doesn't make it onto the drumline, I fear that he might not quickly find an activity niche. I am going to be praying a lot for his decision-making process.

It's been hard on me. He also has recently deleted his facebook page, so I'm a little concerned about him. He seems to still be plugging away, so I'm hopeful. DS was an all state jazz musician in high school. Because of some scheduling issues he ended up not being in band last year, and some other stuff fell through. Sooner or later he will find something. It's just so hard to be an observer. We told him how all of this was a learning experience and that seemed to help his attitude.

Rose - I feel like I am always pages and pages behind in this challenge. I am not sure why that it. Too much stuff going on. I like to blame some of it on the exercise...when I started the first challenge, I took 30 minutes out of my day to exercise. Now I find that my running takes 1-2 hours. Too much exercising! :rotfl2:

I so hope that I did not make a comment that was insulting. :confused3 I keep thinking that I as I am always behind that sometimes I am rushing to answer and then I might now always say things the best and I know that I have typos galore on top of it all! You are like one of the people here who I totally admire on this thread and I hope that you feel comfortable enough to let me know if I have put my foot in my mouth.

My DD lost her love of Tink this summer and wanted her beautiful Tinkerbell bedroom re-decorated. I was so sad. She then reminded me that she is now 14 and loving Tinkerbell is not "cute" at that age! :rotfl: I was thankful that she kept a shelf filled with her most special Tink statues. :goodvibes

Go Rose! WOW - the weather is still hot where you are! It should help you with your FL run though. I am missing the hot runs right now because it is so cold here that I wore mittens running on Sunday. Thankfully it is in the 60s today (but drizzly and windy). My run should at least be a bit warmer.

Happy healthy Tuesday to everyone!
Jen
It wasn't anyone here--sorry if that was confusing. It was some comments that one of the parents made this weekend. He started off telling me I looked great, that I'd lost 1/2 my body, asked me if I'd been sick, then told me I looked 20 years younger. I had been feeling pretty good about myself until he started talking, then I started feeling like I must have been really awful looking last year. Anyhow, just trying to wrap my head around it.

:hug: on the tink room. It's so hard to have them grow up.

I need to find what page the post about your mud run was on. I missed it!

And it was 98 today! Yes 98. We probably won't run until 7 or so.

You are right! You can spend your life whining about the bad things that have happened..... or you can "put on your big girl panties" and decide to create the life you WANT!! You are an amazing person to be able to see some blessing in your father's accident. I am pleased to call you my friend.

I'm so sorry he has had some disappointments at school. When you talk about your son and wanting to fix everything for him, I look at my 12 y/o and can't IMAGINE what it will be like when he is away at college and I CAN'T fix things for him. He is my pal, my buddy, my BABY! (Don't let him hear me say that!:eek:). Good for you with the tough love.... I'm sure it was hard, but will definitely be worth it in the end.

Can't WAIT for the newest season of BL tonight!! TTYL.............P
Bree--I agree with P. You have a wonderful attitude. I'm sure it's so hard some days, but congratulations for moving forward.:goodvibes
P--I only have a boy, but from everything I've heard from my friends, it's so hard with boys and their mommas. We just want to take care of them. I miss my DS so much sometimes still, but I am so glad he is where he wants to be.:goodvibes

I'll be back later to catch up more, but I had to share a funny story with you. I have been so frustrated about my knee. I have been suffering with this injury since July 14, 2009, have had 1 arthroscopic surgery and one much more extensive with the placement of a large cadaver graft of bone to my femur and cartilage tissue. I've had months and months of physical therapy.

I was so frustrated on Saturday to notice my shadow out of my peripheral vision when I was doing my 3 miles at an outdoor fitness walkway around a fountain -- I was limping pretty significantly. And I was working really hard to maintain a normal gait at a race pace. When all was said and done, I'd managed 3 miles at an average pace right around 19 minutes. I was so disgusted with where I am. I was listening to "Glee" music on my ipod and "Don't Stop Believin'" came on. I remembered that 4 months ago I couldn't walk. It was enough to bring me out of my funk and just be grateful that I could pull off 3 miles all at once.

Yesterday at PT was tough. I still decided to go to the gym last night and instead of my normal 40 minutes on the elliptical, I stuck it out for 60, with the aid of my Kindle and my ipod. The funny part is this. I was using my "Running" playlist to keep myself inspired and to remind myself of the ultimate objective (finishing the WDW 1/2 in January and getting back to running before the one year anniversary of the bone graft). "Fighter" came up on the rotation. I've decided to dedicate these lyrics to this troublesome knee (LOL!!):

I really do think that we all have it in us to be like Bree and so many others here --the very struggles that can bring us to our knees can also be the obstacles that we climb over, push through, or kick out of our way. And when we do, guess what? We have moved that much further ahead on our journey. It may be a tiny step, some small progress, but it is further than we were when we were standing behind that obstacle with it blocking our way.
Very well said Cam.:goodvibes Anytime I want to quit because I'm being lazy or i have aches and pains I think how hard you have to work, and how much you have missed exercising. And I suck it up and keep going.:goodvibes

I woke up today to my summer goal finally being reached, 35 total lbs lost!!!! Within a week I should be saying bye-bye to the 140’s and hellooooo to the 130’s. Im super excited and motivated. Now its only 12 more pounds to go to reach my Fall goal. I feel that’s its doable now that I have these new healthy habits eating style. My coworkers were even commenting yesterday to me that Im practically vegetarian now with all the fruits and veggies I eat. I do make sure to get my calcium and protein in for the day though. Hope everyone has a good day today!

Congratulations!!!

GOOD NEWS- back down to my friday weight. I think the whoosh of TOM is finally beginning. I am going to run tonight since its a beautiful day here. My dh is taking a night off from his tues class (he stayed up watching football to late last night):lmao: and having to get up and work all day is just not helping him. It works for me, I get to run.:banana:

TTYL
Have a great run Lindsey!

Hi lisah

Yes, I had dropped out for a while..I have found my way back. We have a new puppy named Luna. She is a yellow lab and so sweet. My heart was so empty with out my other dog, I am so happy to have her, and to get back on track. I am also having my 40th birthday party this coming Saturday with my husband. We are having a BIG bash, I know I will be enjoying more than I should. I will be compensating for that early on. It feels great to be back on the disboard...I have truly missed it. :)
Welcome back! Congrats on the puppy.

[QOTE=brinalyn530;38311039]CC – Oh no! I hope it’s not broken! There really isn’t much they can do for it if is it broken, except set it if needed, but it wouldn’t hurt to have it looked at just in case. Good luck!

Thanks Everyone! Dr.'s appt is in about an hour. Thank goodness.

Now, for some more important replies...[/QUOTE]

Hope it goes well CC!
Julie and all the others out there struggling with parent issues-My heart really goes out to you and all you work to overcome. I hope everyone on this thread can someday look in the mirror without hearing negative voices and seeing the strong beautiful women they are. I am trying to be more positive. I was looking at myself the other day and noticed that my shoulders have become more defined. I told DH this and he said that they had looked that way for months now, I just hadn't noticed. Here's to focusing on the positive!

Thanks for sharing this.:goodvibes

I almost gave in, but decided on yogurt and strawberries instead. I feel much better.

My new running shoes arrived today! :woohoo::woohoo: You know what's weird, though? It's the same brand, same model, same size as the pair I already have, but a different color and... they are signficantly bigger than my other pair. I'm going to run in them this evening, but I don't know if I need to return them for a smaller size or if this is just a fluky pair and I need to order another pair in the same size... I guess I'll just call them and see if they can offer any suggestions that won't cost me a fortune in return shipping.
Hope it works out Connie! I got new shoes, different kind, and I'm still not sure if I like them.

Well I'm caught up from today. I might just give up on catching up from the weekend. I have been so hungry today, don't know what that's about. I need some pixie dust--my foot is now sore. Hoping it's nothing, but we go to W&D next week. I am so paranoid about injuries.

Oh, I wanted to tell you about the parent's weekend 5k. We ran 3 to the race. About a 1/2 hour later ran the race. DS ran with us for the first half and then went ahead. He ended up a few minutes ahead of us. Oh to be young and not have to train.... This woman went to pass me right at the end and I heard her and took off. There is no way she was passing me right at the finish. Anyhow, I now have a new high for my max heartrate. And really I felt pretty good. I would love to have a max heart rate test done. About an hour after the race we walked ds back to his dorm and then ran 2.5. So we ended up with 8.5 of running, and who knows how much walking for the day. This weekend we only go 6 and next week we taper for the race.

Hope everyone has a good evening.:goodvibes

I love Glee and it will be what I watch tonight. I actually don't watch BL as much as my skinny husband does. I usually start watching about halfway through and it's on in the background as I do something else.

This is my favorite week of the year. I love the season premieres of all my favorite tv shows. Last night I was giddy watching Chuck. I did workout on the elipticle while I watched.

Oh, Doctor update. She gave me 3 different allergy med samples and some pain meds for my head. If it's not better by Wednesday I go back. I didn't wake up with a headache this morning, so that is improvement. Bad news is that she heard a heart murmur. I have an echo cardiogram on Thursday. She said it could be nothing, but she would feel better if we did the test. My son and father both have murmurs, so odds are it's genetic and no biggie, but better safe than sorry! Good news, she called me skinny and I have lost 80 lbs from my highest weight! :woohoo:

Hi lisah

Yes, I had dropped out for a while..I have found my way back. We have a new puppy named Luna. She is a yellow lab and so sweet.

Welcome back to the boards. We have a choc lab and although his first 3 years were rough behavior wise (chewing etc.) he is the greatest dog in the world. If you have seen the movie marley and Me that was our dog as a puppy.:lmao:

Well I'm caught up from today. I might just give up on catching up from the weekend. I have been so hungry today, don't know what that's about. I need some pixie dust--my foot is now sore. Hoping it's nothing, but we go to W&D next week. I am so paranoid about injuries.

:wizard:hope the foot is ok. Take a short break so you dont make it worse. Wow I cant believe the W&D is so close.

Going to quickly make dinner and head out for my run. Wanted to stay on top of the boards today. TTYL

I remembered that 4 months ago I couldn't walk. It was enough to bring me out of my funk and just be grateful that I could pull off 3 miles all at once.
Yesterday at PT was tough. I still decided to go to the gym last night and instead of my normal 40 minutes on the elliptical, I stuck it out for 60, with the aid of my Kindle and my ipod.

Wow! That is all I can say!!! You have come so far in a short period of time - so what if your "form" isnt all that you think it should be??
I am glad you found some inspiration in your playlist!!!
I need to ask - you read your kindle while working out? Does that work well for you? I have been thinkning of buying a kindle, but never really thought of using it in that way -

Okay, I have to share this with you and then I'll be back later with some replies. I didn't sleep well last night-nightmares and how cold it was-so I stayed in bed until after 8. I got up and did 40 min. on the Wii Fit+ and then showered. I was expecting an important phone call at 10, so I went to the bathroom right before it. Well, obviously I don't know how to walk, because I'm pretty sure I broke the bone right by my toe. I heard a crack, so I'm sure I'm not going nuts. :rotfl2:

Omg does it hurt and all ice is doing is making me cold.

I think it's time to eat breakfast. If I can walk to the kitchen. And for some reason, I'm laughing about all of this. Hmm

Have a great day everyone!

CC

GLad to read in another post that you are going to get this checked out. I'll be looking for a post about the outcome.

And just in time.... I think summer officially ends Wednesday night! GREAT JOB! BTW, the 130's are FABULOUS!!

(I also totally agree with Pamela that we should have a party when you hit 1000 - I love parties :cool1: )!
Bree

Okay... I'll bring the couscous salad and seltzer cupcakes..... Rose can bring the vegetarian lasagna, tigger813 can bring the booze.... she always has some amazing sounding cocktail on the menu! And we will be SURE that mikamah does NOT bring those carmelitas she made last weekend!! They sound absolutely decadent!!

Hi lisah

Yes, I had dropped out for a while..I have found my way back. We have a new puppy named Luna. She is a yellow lab and so sweet. My heart was so empty with out my other dog, I am so happy to have her, and to get back on track. I am also having my 40th birthday party this coming Saturday with my husband. We are having a BIG bash, I know I will be enjoying more than I should. I will be compensating for that early on. It feels great to be back on the disboard...I have truly missed it. :)

You're back!!! Glad to see you!! And I'm so happy to hear about the new pup!! Pictures please! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:yay:

(yes, I am missing "Glee"-- the only TV show I watch :( and no, we don't have a DVR; I'll have to hope the episodes are available on hulu again this season).
Any chance you still own an oldfashioned VCR? You could record Glee that way. We still do that around here sometimes. We have two TVs with DVR (Dish Network) and one TV in the playroom with basic cable. If we get an overlap of good shows, sometimes we throw a tape in the old VCR and get it rolling!!

Anyone see the ads for the TLC show Sister Wives?

Maria :upsidedow

SHHH... don't tell any one, but that is going to be my guilty trash tv show this fall. I am strangly fascinated and at the same time repulsed by the whole idea.... but I'll be watching, at least the first episode.

P--I only have a boy, but from everything I've heard from my friends, it's so hard with boys and their mommas. We just want to take care of them. I miss my DS so much sometimes still, but I am so glad he is where he wants to be.:goodvibes

Oh, I wanted to tell you about the parent's weekend 5k. We ran 3 to the race. About a 1/2 hour later ran the race. DS ran with us for the first half and then went ahead. He ended up a few minutes ahead of us. Oh to be young and not have to train.... This woman went to pass me right at the end and I heard her and took off. There is no way she was passing me right at the finish. Anyhow, I now have a new high for my max heartrate. And really I felt pretty good. I would love to have a max heart rate test done. About an hour after the race we walked ds back to his dorm and then ran 2.5. So we ended up with 8.5 of running, and who knows how much walking for the day. This weekend we only go 6 and next week we taper for the race.

Hope everyone has a good evening.:goodvibes

Gotta love our "little" boys!!

Your run sounds amazing. I'll bet you are really looking forward to the W&D!

Evening all! Just a quick minute to try to stay current here! Not sure if I will be watching BL live or not. I was hoping that DH would go get DD at swim later, but he is a bit sniffly, so we'll see.

I'll talk to you all later!...............P

What is the frozen coffee like Michele? Is it like an iced coffee or more like a frappuccino without the milk? It sounds good. I wonder if they have it a DL?

The frozen coffee is like a blended iced coffee - or a coffee margarita, lol. Found out last month that it counts as a snack on the meal plan - if I had known that all along guess where my family's 36 snacks would have been spent?? ;)

I woke up today to my summer goal finally being reached, 35 total lbs lost!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Michele,
I'm sure its amazing but something about shrimp and cheesecake do not go well together for me.

I wouldn't have thought so either, but our waiter INSISTED that we try it - it was amazing - it is served chilled and was savory not sweet - oh how I wish I had asked for the recipe! I have looked for it on the internet but so far no luck? Did anyone else here sail on the Wonder this August and try it??

Walked about 8 miles total today. I just finished 2 small bowls of mint chocolate chip ice cream. I totally feel I underate today. I just wasn't that hungry until now. I think I'll pour one more big bottle of water. Enjoying Glee right now and I'll watch BL tomorrow morning while doing my cleaning or if it's available on demand in the morning I'll watch it while doing my first 2 miles on the elliptical.

Hoping to only leave the house to visit the WC in the morning and when I have to take DD2 to dancing and DD1 for soccer practice.

I keep forgetting to find out where those other wellness centers are. Mainly because I'm always in a rush when I go in but I will try and find out for everyone tomorrow and post.

Back to watching Glee and drinking my last big bottle of water!

I hope you are feeling totally proud of yourself for this. That is GREAT willpower! :thumbsup2

Maria -- Great job on all those laps!! I'd be bored to tears. LOL!

Ran 5.3 on the dreadmill today. I am working on my tempo runs and was able to do it about 9:45.
Jude -- That pace is absolutely fabulous!! You may find that the race excitement helps you maintain that pace at F&W 1/2 marathon. Just keep in mind that you may be unavoidably slowed by the crowds, so while you might be capable of a faster pace, you might not be able to do it in a WDW race situation.

Dona -- Sorry your day was crazy. I hope you were able to accomplish tonight everything you needed to get done.

Rose -- It is really hard to take those kinds of compliments, but you should take it from all of us -- you are totally fabulous and should be so proud of all you have accomplished. EEK on DS deleting his FB page. How else are we parents supposed to know what is going on in their lives or get to know their "friends"? (we always are interested to see what DD22 is posting). I can understand your concern, but hopefully he is doing okay.

Very well said Cam.:goodvibes Anytime I want to quit because I'm being lazy or i have aches and pains I think how hard you have to work, and how much you have missed exercising. And I suck it up and keep going.:goodvibes

. . .This woman went to pass me right at the end and I heard her and took off. There is no way she was passing me right at the finish.

Your comment totally touched my heart and got me all teary. Thank you for telling me that. :lovestruc Congrats on whipping that woman's butt at the end of the race. You GOOOOO!!! :cool1:

Oh, Doctor update. She gave me 3 different allergy med samples and some pain meds for my head. . . Good news, she called me skinny and I have lost 80 lbs from my highest weight! :woohoo:

Woohoo!! SKINNY!!!! That must have felt so GREAT!!! Congratulations!! I hope the allergy meds help and that you find that the murmur is benign.

Wow! That is all I can say!!! You have come so far in a short period of time - so what if your "form" isnt all that you think it should be??
I am glad you found some inspiration in your playlist!!!
I need to ask - you read your kindle while working out? Does that work well for you? I have been thinkning of buying a kindle, but never really thought of using it in that way -

Michele -- Thank you! :cloud9: I have to tell you -- I LOVE my Kindle!! I have spent so many hours on the treadmill and elliptical and recumbent bike reading my Kindle. I have the first generation one. I got it in October 2008 and it is my favorite toy in the world (well, it ranks right up there with my iphone and my Garmin forerunner ;) ).

Walked about 8 miles total today.
Wow! That's an impressive number of miles. :thumbsup2

Guess I should answer the QOTD, too. Frankly my favorite food at WDW is the vanilla cupcake with buttercream frosting and Mickey confetti. Have I mentioned that I am a cupcake addict? It happened when we were on our "honeymoon" after our Vow Renewal at WDW -- most places where we dined brought us a huge cupcake for 2 and I got totally addicted. AND I think they bring back such happy memories.
I should probably also confess to a strong fondness for the LapuLapu at the lounge outside Ohana (I forget the name). Sometimes I let Howard drink the adult beverage and I eat the alcohol infused pineapple. Delicious! :cloud9:

Well, I am off to do 20 minutes of leg and adductor strengthening to continue with my "at least 20 minutes a day of exercise" self-challenge. Then early to bed for physical therapy in the morning.

Have a wonderful night, my friends! :grouphug:

QOTD for Wednesday, September 22: Post your favorite recipe, requiring 5 ingredients or less (not counting spices and oils)

Here's mine. It is a quick throw-together meal for the crockpot that is a huge hit here.

MEXICALI CHICKEN

Ingredients:
4-6 chicken breast portions
Chunky salsa (I use medium and would use one regular size bottle)
1-2 cans whole kernel corn
Rice, brown rice OR soft tortillas
Low fat shreded cheddar cheese or cheese slices

Preparation:
Spray the bottom of the crockpot or use a liner.

Put 4-6 chicken breast portions in the bottom of the crockpot.
Cover all the chicken with chunky salsa.
Pour 1 or 2 cans of whole kernel corn on top
Cook on low at least 6 hours
Once cooked, pull the chicken out onto a plate
Shred the chicken and place back in the crock and mix together.
Serve over rice or in soft tortillas, sprinkled with low fat cheddar (or mix cheese in if you want it melted and mixed throughout)

QOTD for Wednesday, September 22: Post your favorite recipe, requiring 5 ingredients or less (not counting spices and oils)

OK - here is mine -

2lbs frozen deveined shrimp, peeled and defrosted
1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
1 can (15oz) petite cut diced tomatoes (I use the garlic and olive oil ones)
1 large vidalia onion, chopped
1 lb thin spagheti

Spices/Oil -
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
2 tsp olive oil
2 (+) cloves garlic minced (I use more like 6 cloves, but I love garlic)

Cook pasta as desired -
Heat oil in pan - add onion and sautee until tender, add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more to release flavor. Remove from heat and add oregano, basil and red pepper flakes, coating onion and garlic mixture well. Add the can of tomato sauce and the can of diced tomatoes - return to heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
Add shrimp to sauce and cook uncovered untill pink. Toss with pasta.

This is an easy go to meal for me, my whole family loves it and I think it tastes super yummy! And I know it was low on points when I figured it out for WW using their calcuator - maybe 7 pts for the serving, not bad for a full dinner -

Quick post before bed. Today was on the go from start to finish. Did 4.84 miles before 8 a.m., then 1.6 tonight. Ran errands all day in between.

Fixed chicken fettuccini for dinner. Put a small amount into a dessert bowl & called it quits. Ended up having oatmeal during BL. Much better choice.

Tomorrow will get donuts for DS21 to take to the Mid-High where he is leading 'meet you at the pole'. Then driving DD to UNM, running to Trader Joes & then having coffee while she is in class. Then early lunch before taking her to get fitted for her TMJ mouth thing & visit the craniofacial massage guy. We'll probably end up doing some browsing after & then I have to do major money moving at the Credit Union. Hopefully we will be home before 4 & after dinner I MUST WALK!!!! Not walking in the morning really throws my day off. But, it is supposed to storm most of the day, so plans may change.....when don't they????

In between errands, I started going thru winter clothes in my closet as I want to weed out before garage sale mid October. Was happy to get rid of some stuff that is too big. And amazed that stuff that 'almost fit' and the waist was in the right spot, as I am a bit smaller, the waist is getting higher! :scared1: :scared1:

Off to bed. Maybe I will be able to get on while having coffee at UNM. Hopefully!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter