Big Brother summer 2022

We definitely didn't get a good answer from either Brittany or Michael as to why they kept this to themselves for so long. They could have at least talked to Monte and Taylor and Joseph about it, since they were in the same alliance.

How in the heck is Kyle supposed to frame this when he gets to the jury house? I’m sure they’ll be super shocked it’s him and they’ll ask what happened. What is he supposed to say? ‘ Well guys, I have the tape let’s go watch’. It’s going to get very awkward very quickly.

@declansdad, you have a very valid point, but I know it’s not my place to say what’s racist and what isn’t.

Based on what was shown on the air, he wasn't being racist at all and Brittany and Michael are terrible people to use this in the manner that they did.

On thing that bother me is why is it ok for a group of African-American people to form an alliance based on their race but not OK for a group of white people? It is either racist or it isn't; you can't have it both ways.
This argument comes up in other circumstances*, and it always presumes fairness and an equal playing field is involved. It has become an issue in Survivor, and will be a perpetual issue in Big Brother and other shows where people are voted out by the group. Why in all of the previous seasons had a black player never been able to win? I am more of an occasional Big Brother watcher, has there never been an alliance of only white people on the show? They wouldn't need to say it out loud, it would just be what they do, a great example of an implicit arrangement.

*Same argument is used by people who should know better in other cases - why is it OK for a black student group at a college but not a whites-only group, why should there be an LGBTQ support group but not a straight student group? The dominant majority doesn't need the support. As a young woman studying engineering in the 1980's, i appreciated a group to discuss specific issues the male students didn't have.

Last edited:

Based on what was shown on the air, he wasn't being racist at all and Brittany and Michael are terrible people to use this in the manner that they did.

On thing that bother me is why is it ok for a group of African-American people to form an alliance based on their race but not OK for a group of white people? It is either racist or it isn't; you can't have it both ways.
Of course what he said is racist. Just a more subtle form of it.

Several times he mentioned the POC and how close they were and that they could be the next cook out. He basically said the white people should align against them. He had absolutely no evidence this was happening, yet he said it was his biggest fear. In fact, it was quite obvious some POC were not close at all and didn’t even like each other very much (Jasmine for example), and also the fact that they voted Ameerah out.

Kyle also mentioned on at at least two occasions how loud and aggressive Monte, Taylor, and Joseph were. And they most certainly were not. That is a racist stereotype.

Anyway. I felt the house guests handled it very well. They were kind and loving and supportive. And Kyle did seem remorseful. It’s possible he only knew of blatant, obvious racism, and was unable to see his biases. Hopefully he can learn from this.

I’m so disappointed with Michael and Brittney. They clearly held onto the information until it would benefit them. If they had told people prior to the house split, Joseph would still be in the house. Michael is easily the strongest competitor. He did not need to take his gameplay this far. That will bite him, and may cost him the win.

Of course what he said is racist. Just a more subtle form of it.

Several times he mentioned the POC and how close they were and that they could be the next cook out. He basically said the white people should align against them. He had absolutely no evidence this was happening, yet he said it was his biggest fear. In fact, it was quite obvious some POC were not close at all and didn’t even like each other very much (Jasmine for example), and also the fact that they voted Ameerah out.

Kyle also mentioned on at at least two occasions how loud and aggressive Monte, Taylor, and Joseph were. And they most certainly were not. That is a racist stereotype.

Anyway. I felt the house guests handled it very well. They were kind and loving and supportive. And Kyle did seem remorseful. It’s possible he only knew of blatant, obvious racism, and was unable to see his biases. Hopefully he can learn from this.

I’m so disappointed with Michael and Brittney. They clearly held onto the information until it would benefit them. If they had told people prior to the house split, Joseph would still be in the house. Michael is easily the strongest competitor. He did not need to take his gameplay this far. That will bite him, and may cost him the win.

I said what they showed on air and that was simply he talking about the possibility of that alliance, that is not racist. What he said on the live feeds could very well have been.

Most of the house handled it well but I don't include Michael and Brittany in that group. They used it for game play and not out of some sense of morality. He even said so.

I said what they showed on air and that was simply he talking about the possibility of that alliance, that is not racist. What he said on the live feeds could very well have been.

Most of the house handled it well but I don't include Michael and Brittany in that group. They used it for game play and not out of some sense of morality. He even said so.
I don’t follow the feeds. Kyle said those things on tv.

I agree, I don’t like how Michael and Brittney handled it. They should’ve said something as soon as they knew. That will probably cost Michael the game.

This argument comes up in other circumstances*, and it always presumes fairness and an equal playing field is involved. It has become an issue in Survivor, and will be a perpetual issue in Big Brother and other shows where people are voted out by the group. Why in all of the previous seasons had a black player never been able to win? I am more of an occasional Big Brother watcher, has there never been an alliance of only white people on the show? They wouldn't need to say it out loud, it would just be what they do, a great example of an implicit arrangement.

*Same argument is used by people who should know better in other cases - why is it OK for a black student group at a college but not a whites-only group, why should there be an LGBTQ support group but not a straight student group? The dominant majority doesn't need the support. As a young woman studying engineering in the 1980's, i appreciated a group to discuss specific issues the male students didn't have.

I agree with you to a point. In the examples you gave I certainly understand why a group would like to organize together. However, this is a game not a support group and if it is fine for one, it should be fine for the other.

I agree, I don't Michael wins after this. He really left a bad taste in people's mouths hanging onto that info and then used it as a weapon, not because it was weighing on him. I'm really disappointed he did that. He should have spoken up right away.

Like someone pointed out, it wasn't just that Kyle said there was a POC alliance when there wasn't one, he also said Monte, Taylor and Joseph were loud and aggressive, which couldn't be further from the truth.

I was really moved listening to the conversation Monte and Kyle had. My heart really broke for Monte. Monte, Taylor and Terrance showed Kyle grace when they really didn't have to. Shows how kind they are. I do hope Kyle learns from this. It does look like he is very remorseful and is serious when he said he wants to grow.

Super late to the BB party this year on the DIS....lol

*IF* last season's Cook Out had never happened, then I could see Kyle's theory of POC forming an alliance as a racist statement. However, because the Cook Out was formed last year based solely on race, it will forever be on the minds of players on reality shows whether it is voiced out loud or not. I personally find it abhorrent for ANY player to base game play solely on race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. For example, Taylor saying she would never nominate or vote out another black woman is racist but of course she will never be called out for it. If Kyle is being called out for subtle racism, then Taylor should be called out for intentional racism.

Michael and Brittany are just vile. If they truly believed Kyle was being racist AND truly cared to right a wrong, then they should have had a conversation with him at the time it was voiced. They could have flushed out Kyle's true feelings or biases at that moment. If it was truly an innocent misunderstanding, then the conversation would have been over with no need to rehash it. If Kyle was racist, then Michael and Brittany could have brought it to other housemates at that time. Instead, they consciously chose not to address Kyle directly but to save the information until it could be used to further their game.

That conversation between Monte and Kyle was so heartbreaking as a pp mentioned. You could tell that Kyle and Monte really connected as friends and this situation brought such disbelief and sadness to Monte and embarrassment to Kyle. You could see their hearts just yearning to turn back the clock like this had never happened.

Edited to add, I don't think Taylor is racist either but her game play comment was imo.

On a lighter note.....

I wasn't sure how I felt about Turner at the beginning of the game but I kinda like his no nonsense attitude and smart comments in the diary room. I didn't care for Taylor's "clothes modeling" at the beginning of the season. But now hearing that it is a common thing that the women do to have fun in the house, I believe CBS was trying to paint her as a snotty pageant girl.

Since Joseph is now gone, I think my favorites going forward are Turner, Monte, and Taylor. I like Terrance but his gameplay is a little weak.

On a lighter note.....

I wasn't sure how I felt about Turner at the beginning of the game but I kinda like his no nonsense attitude and smart comments in the diary room. I didn't care for Taylor's "clothes modeling" at the beginning of the season. But now hearing that it is a common thing that the women do to have fun in the house, I believe CBS was trying to paint her as a snotty pageant girl.

Since Joseph is now gone, I think my favorites going forward are Turner, Monte, and Taylor. I like Terrance but his gameplay is a little weak.
Being from MA I was rooting for Turner from the start. Given that he’s the youngest in the house and has had to set the others straight has made me respect him more. The speech he made to the others back when they were bullying Taylor was great and reset the tone in that house.

The last week or so I have not had much interest in watching I have been going on a reality fan message board to find out everything. I have not liked Michael or Taylor since day 1. Also not a fan of Monte feel like in addition to those just mentioned they are the most cocky and obnoxious of the leftovers. Turner is my favorite. I am in the minority but would not mind Terrence winning. I am also ok with Alyssa and Brit.

Also, does Brittany realize that she has done nothing but ride Michael's coattails to this position? Maybe that's unfair because she was able to befriend some of the girls, which probably gave her information, but other than that, what has she done?

Oh, and I'm happy she was able to use her professional skills to help Alyssa, but then saying she thinks that gives her an advantage with Alyssa, as her voice will now be more trusted by her? That's kind of low.

Also, does Brittany realize that she has done nothing but ride Michael's coattails to this position? Maybe that's unfair because she was able to befriend some of the girls, which probably gave her information, but other than that, what has she done?

Oh, and I'm happy she was able to use her professional skills to help Alyssa, but then saying she thinks that gives her an advantage with Alyssa, as her voice will now be more trusted by her? That's kind of low.

You know, I've gone back and forth over the years as to whether or not "floating" is a legitimate strategy. On the one hand, you can say a floater doesn't deserve to win because another person or group did all the work and the floater did virtually nothing. On the other hand, could attaching yourself to a strong player or group be a strategy in itself? Does a person have to continually win comps and wear a target to earn the right to win the game? Or, is aligning yourself with a comp beast/power player, staying in their circle of trust, discussing strategy and voting to support them a valid way to play?

These types of players, such as Brittany, can make it pretty far in the game. And if the final two came down to Michael and Brittany, who would the jury vote for? Would it be Michael who won the most comps and made the most moves? Or did Michael evict too many jury members through his HOH and veto wins? Did he tick off too many people who would rather not give him their final votes? It could go either way. Still, I don't necessarily see a player like Brittany as unworthy of winning. True, she has been less active in the game. But it's kept her in the house and just under the radar. I see that as a viable strategy to get to the end.

I agree, I don't Michael wins after this. He really left a bad taste in people's mouths hanging onto that info and then used it as a weapon, not because it was weighing on him. I'm really disappointed he did that. He should have spoken up right away.

Like someone pointed out, it wasn't just that Kyle said there was a POC alliance when there wasn't one, he also said Monte, Taylor and Joseph were loud and aggressive, which couldn't be further from the truth.

I was really moved listening to the conversation Monte and Kyle had. My heart really broke for Monte. Monte, Taylor and Terrance showed Kyle grace when they really didn't have to. Shows how kind they are. I do hope Kyle learns from this. It does look like he is very remorseful and is serious when he said he wants to grow.
Only time will tell if Kyle is remorseful and wants to learn. Right now he’s just caught.

Michael is an epically strong player. It’s a shame that he held onto the information in favor of game play. He could have called it out and revealed it immediately and been a decent person and an epic player.

Alyssa is the ultimate floater. Plus as a woman and mom of a DD in her age group it’s so disappointing to see her make stupid decisions/give up game play because of a boy. Especially a boy like Kyle. (I realize that he’s a grown *** man but he sure doesn’t act it. ) Please vote her out before she floats to the end.

I see Brittany as floating as more of a strategy. She attached herself to the strongest player and then has stayed under the radar.

Terrence has said some terribly misogynistic things on the feeds that have not been aired.

I’d love to see Turner, Taylor, or Monte win.

Last edited:
Zingbot was pretty tame this year
Although, I don't remember Zingbot targeting someone's looks like he did Michael before. Maybe there's more to it? I was hoping he'd say something about Michael being a com beast or some other thing he does, not his face.

Also, while I thought the Ice Queen one for Taylor was funny (because she's not an ice queen, but was just accused of it in the early days), I thought Zingbot might have said something about the Lay's chips.

Turner's was funny, but I think a lot of people had to listen to Zingbot a couple of times to get the "Van life" part of it.

I don't even remember Monte's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter