Bibbidi Bobbiti Boutique Magic Kingdom

DMA832

Earning My Ears
Is the castle package worth it vs the crown package? How long does the castle package take? I made a reservation for the castle package at 10:10 and we have a reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table at 11:40. Is that a good enough time to not feel rushed between the two activities?

I think it just depends if you want the dress and photos. We always did the Crown package -- we'd bring our own dresses and don't need the photos. Your timing is perfect! An hour and a half is great.

The castle package was just fine for our grand-girls. We brought our own dresses from home. It feels just as special to bring a dress as to buy one. We had 8:05 appointments and were out by 9:00. You should have time to catch a couple of low-wait rides in the area between your two reservations.

Plenty of time. And we did just the basic package when I took my girls, but I could buy extra things as I decided I wanted them (like t shirts, etc.) And honestly, I saw a few girls buying dresses while we were there and it didn't seem like that special to me. Just as big of a fuss was made over my girls in their minnie mouse dresses from Target.

DD (11) has done both. Last year we did castle package for the 1st time as she is very tall for her age and the costumes at the local Disney stores no longer fit her. At BBB they have bigger sizes. In the past, we always purchased a costume at home. The difference in time, I felt, between the two packages was just trying on the dress to find the correct size. We always do BBB on our 2nd MK day. On our 1st MK day, I took DD to look at the dresses so she had an idea of which princess she wanted to dress as. We have this planned for our summer trip & will do the same. I think you should have enough time. Enjoy your trip!

Is the castle package worth it vs the crown package? How long does the castle package take? I made a reservation for the castle package at 10:10 and we have a reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table at 11:40. Is that a good enough time to not feel rushed between the two activities?
Time wise you will be just fine. You’ll probably have time to get pictures done as well afterwards at Castle Couture or whichever shop that is. We’ve always done the cheaper package and brought our dress. It was just as special and much cheaper.

I have an appt for my GD on our upcoming trip. I plan to bring a dress but do they have other accessories to buy? I bought MM. Will they take pics?

DD (11) has done both. Last year we did castle package for the 1st time as she is very tall for her age and the costumes at the local Disney stores no longer fit her. At BBB they have bigger sizes. In the past, we always purchased a costume at home. The difference in time, I felt, between the two packages was just trying on the dress to find the correct size. We always do BBB on our 2nd MK day. On our 1st MK day, I took DD to look at the dresses so she had an idea of which princess she wanted to dress as. We have this planned for our summer trip & will do the same. I think you should have enough time. Enjoy your trip!

The Disney website lists the following princesses costumes as options:
  • Costume choices may include Anna, Elsa, Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, Belle, Jasmine, Cinderella, Tinker Bell, Tiana, Rapunzel, and Merida

Is this list still correct? I understand that some sizes might be limited/unavailable.

Thanks!

I have an appt for my GD on our upcoming trip. I plan to bring a dress but do they have other accessories to buy? I bought MM. Will they take pics?
They have lots of accessories, including shoes and magic wands. And there is a photopass photographer who will get pictures for your MM. We got lots of great shots of DD getting dolled up last trip.

They have lots of accessories, including shoes and magic wands. And there is a photopass photographer who will get pictures for your MM. We got lots of great shots of DD getting dolled up last trip.
Thanks. I'm so excited about this. I'm a boy mom so I've never gotten to do this kind of stuff.

We usually get a dress from the Disney store and bring it. You can find some awesome deals on dresses at the Disney store and I think the quality is as good as the ones you buy in the parks. This year we are bringing live action Belle that I got a steal on on clearance.

We're also bringing our own dress. Since we're going in August, I wanted something a little more comfortable so we ordered the deluxe Cinderella dress from Little Dress Up Shop. The brand is Little Adventures, and I've since seen them offered elsewhere, including Amazon. I'm planning to get the "day dress" (rags) version for before her appointment.

We usually get a dress from the Disney store and bring it. You can find some awesome deals on dresses at the Disney store and I think the quality is as good as the ones you buy in the parks. This year we are bringing live action Belle that I got a steal on on clearance.
Do you put the dress on before you get there or is getting dressed part of the whole experience?

Do you put the dress on before you get there or is getting dressed part of the whole experience?
We usually bring it and have her put it on there. You can do either, though. A FYI to anyone needing a dress, www.shopdisney.com (the online Disney store) has 40% off most of their princess costumes right now with code bonus40.

I asked this on a BBB thread on the family board and didn’t get a response. Hoping someone here can explain :goodvibes

Picking out the dress at the Castle:

Are the really expensive Signature Collection package dresses separated from the “regular” package dresses when the girls are deciding which princess to be?

I am fine with buying the dress at the appointment but want to avoid having my niece see the $450 dollar dresses.

Thanks!

The Disney website lists the following princesses costumes as options:
  • Costume choices may include Anna, Elsa, Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, Belle, Jasmine, Cinderella, Tinker Bell, Tiana, Rapunzel, and Merida

Is this list still correct? I understand that some sizes might be limited/unavailable.

Thanks!

Last year DD pick Belle. I do recall Cinderella, Anna, Elsa, Ariel, Merida, Rapunzel and Snow White --BUT those could have been the only dresses in stock in the size DD needed (she is very tall)

Even when we purchased the dress from home, after we checked in DD was brought to a dressing room to get changed. Getting changed was part of the experience.

I asked this on a BBB thread on the family board and didn’t get a response. Hoping someone here can explain :goodvibes

Picking out the dress at the Castle:

Are the really expensive Signature Collection package dresses separated from the “regular” package dresses when the girls are deciding which princess to be?

I am fine with buying the dress at the appointment but want to avoid having my niece see the $450 dollar dresses.

Thanks!

I do not recall, from previous trips, if the "Signature Collection Dresses" are on the same rack as the "Regular Package Dresses".

I never noticed but we always bought our dresses at Castle Couture before. We did t feel hurried and it gave each girl a chance to decide what they really wanted.

When we were there 4/22, the “signature” collection dresses were up high. They were very visible (and beautiful, but $400!?!) but hard to reach. Could probably be passed of as “for display only” but that was now a month ago and could have changed.

When we were there 4/22, the “signature” collection dresses were up high. They were very visible (and beautiful, but $400!?!) but hard to reach. Could probably be passed of as “for display only” but that was now a month ago and could have changed.

Thank you! Just what I needed to know.

I agree with you - I looked online and the signature dresses are beautiful but the cost - yikes!

Even though you named a certain package with your reservation, you aren't locked in to that package. You can change it when you get there.
DD did BBB several times over the years. You might be close on time depending on the wait, but you should be okay. We typically did BBB at 10:00 and CRT at noon, and that was usually plenty of time. I would say normally we did have about half an hour before lunch, so that would put you right on time. Only once did we have an issue- and that was just not having time for formal photos- which we just came back after lunch and did. I would tell them when you check in that you have a CRT reservation at 11:40. They are good about making sure you get in and are done in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter