Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

I wonder how they decide on the categories of some of those rooms! If you have a partial view or full view! But who cares if you are able to see animals
I am not sure, our partial view in the DVC studio was really nice to! We saw the people pen from the studio, this was just all Savanna

Argh - that was the bane of my existence trying to leave Magic Kingdom our last day! Too many people who decided, oh that is a good spot for a photo. Yeah, we thought so too, and were waiting in a long line to get that shot before you got in our way!
People are clueless sometimes! I have had people step right in front of us during our pp pictures, yikes!

Maybe eaten by a giraffe
:rotfl: We couldn’t be that lucky!

That's very disappointing about Trader Sam's. I'm shocked they charged you the same price even though it wasn't in the nice glass. I have never been but always wanted to. I guess if I ever do I should wait for a table inside.

Looks like a fun meal with Snow White. We've done most of the other princess dining, so this might be something to consider for a future trip.

I had the same experience at the outside bar for Trader Sams! They were so unhelpful with answering questions that I just ordered whatever to get away from them. I didn't realize that the price they charge is the same price as inside where you get the souvenir cup! That is so ridiculous! But also makes more sense to me because I really didn't understand why people would pay those prices plus extra money for souvenir cups! lol

I'm glad you guys enjoyed your dinner at Artist Point!! I just think its the cutest thing ever! And I'm glad there was a yummy vegetarian option!

We wanted a drink with a souvenir cup and the bar was out of almost every souvenir cup, really?

That's just not right!

We decided on the Polynesian Pearl, without a souvenir cup! We get the 2 drinks and it was over $28.00! It was the same price as if you got the souvenir cup, what? Our drink was in a plastic solo cup and approximately 4 straw sips!

Believe me you didn't miss much with the glass on this one. It was basically a cheap plastic ball. Here's a picture.

We had an ADR at 8:20pm for the new Storybook dining at Artist Point.

I really want to do this one but the food is a little intimidating to this picky eater.

That's terrible! I have been to TS a few times and always have the nicest bartenders there. I think this was an off night. Maybe we can try again in May

Jackie and I are thinking about heading here before O'Hana!

Trip Report Interruption!!!
We are going to Disney World again!!!
View attachment 382736
I found fair flight prices with Southwest for the March trip and booked!! We have never flown Southwest because they have a small presence here in Minneapolis. We fly out on 3/24 mid afternoon and arrive in Orlando at 9pm. I booked an express deal with Priceline for a 4 star hotel in the Disney area for only $70.00. I did this blindly and got The Sheraton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Resort. It looks decent for 1 night. We will take a Lyft there from the airport and basically just sleep.

I had booked an AP room only reservation at CSR standard view back in December. This is from 3/25-3/30. I got a great AP deal for this and I am glad I hadn’t canceled it yet. I also, like any good Disney veteran, picked FP on my 60 day window. I was in my bed at AKL, looking at Zebras, when I did this.:flower3:
I got pretty decent ones. FoP, SDD, 7DMT at least once for each of these so I was happy.

We only have 2 ADR’s at this time, which is fine, since Ms. Andi is a picky vegetarian now!:crazy2:
I made one at MM for the vegetarian options and our usual lunch at BoG, that is it. Andi loves mushrooms so I thought the flatbread at MM for her?? Who knows!

I am so happy we are going now that I booked the airfare!! For those of you, who fly Southwest, is it important to add on the early bird booking? Andi wears headphones the whole flight so I don’t really care if I sit with her or not. I didn’t do it yet and probably won’t unless you all think I should.

Thank you Everyone for following along and letting me share my plans with you! Have a wonderful weekend!!

So If you don't care that there is potential that you could both end up sitting in Middle seats, than no worries... but because it's Orlando, I might suggest it, because after the A people (early birds) are called, then all the parents can preboard with small children, THEN the B group gets called. Not saying you would get a middle seat, but you could. I would treat yourself and spend the cash for it. And as someone suggested, it will be nice for you not to have to remember to check in while your still having fun at Disney. So if you didn't want to do it both ways, maybe just do it on the way home?

Last edited:
Caroline! Be careful what you wish for... guess who has a new ticker finally!? ;) We will most definitely overlap this time around!!! :hyper:
Yay, I am so happy! I love seeing that ticker! You will have to give me details! So exciting!

your ticker also looks very promising for overlap with someone else I know
Yay to this as well! We will definitely need to have a meet, maybe we all can have a dinner together and a ride of course!

.....your ticker also looks very promising for overlap with someone else I know :rolleyes1
Yay!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yay, I am so happy! I love seeing that ticker! You will have to give me details! So exciting!
I actually think we get in on the same day!? I'm there August 17-23! :thumbsup2

Yay to this as well! We will definitely need to have a meet, maybe we all can have a dinner together and a ride of course!
Yes, yes, and yes! :thumbsup2

So If you don't care that there is potential that you could both end up sitting in Middle seats, than no worries... but because it's Orlando, I might suggest it, because after the A people (early birds) are called, then all the parents can preboard with small children, THEN the B group gets called. Not saying you would get a middle seat, but you could. I would treat yourself and spend the cash for it. And as someone suggested, it will be nice for you not to have to remember to check in while your still having fun at Disney. So if you didn't want to do it both ways, maybe just do it on the way home?
Thank you for the info, I decided to be risky and not do for the way there and I might do it for the way back. It has increased to 25 each way now so it would be an extra $100.00 for both ways. Our tickets were high for this trip so I am going to try to see how it goes without it, wish me luck!

img_feb172019at82155pm-jpg.383117

I love this picture of Spaceship Earth!!

I rode by myself and let Auntie D ride with Andi. When Andi was around 8-9 years old, she made a gift for me for Mother’s Day at school and asked me if it was okay to give it to her Auntie D instead! Gosh that did hurt a little :rotfl:anyways now you all know how much she loves her Aunt! She did everything she could with my sister growing up and idolized her!

Awww!! I have a special aunt, too. She is the person in my family I am closest to by far. I wanted to do everything exactly the way she did.

Sad Poly Pearl
img_feb232019at80050am-jpg.384372

This is depressing!! Mine came in a big tall glass inside without the plastic pearl, how disappointing to get that tiny solo cup!! I also don't understand the pricing on this one, maybe the ingredients are more expensive? I know this one automatically comes with the plastic pearl (when they're actually in stock!! Our waiter told us that no matter how much we want to be in the Disney bubble, the company that they get the souvenir glasses from puts a huge damper on that when they don't always ship as many as they need, or just run out completely. I think I'd be looking for a different company to get my glasses from.), but the other drinks inside aren't charged the scary prices when you get them without the glass, most run about $11 and $12, so average for Disney drinks (sadly :sad: )

In 2016 I ordered a fire nog from a holiday booth at Epcot, it was just eggnog with some fireball in it. It was barely bigger than a plastic shot glass and cost $9.50 :rotfl: What the heck, Disney??

My sister got a big sugar cookie, this came highly recommended by the customer in front of us.

I second that recommendation. I am obsessed with the sugar cookies from Roaring Fork!

Whew! I got way behind, but all caught up, yay!

That's very disappointing about Trader Sam's. I'm shocked they charged you the same price even though it wasn't in the nice glass. I have never been but always wanted to. I guess if I ever do I should wait for a table inside.

Looks like a fun meal with Snow White. We've done most of the other princess dining, so this might be something to consider for a future trip.
It was a little disappointing I guess the Grand Marnier is an expensive alcohol but still, I am minus the awesome souvenir glass:rotfl:

The Snow White character dining was by far my favorite of all the ones we have done!

That's just not right!

Believe me you didn't miss much with the glass on this one. It was basically a cheap plastic ball. Here's a picture.

I really want to do this one but the food is a little intimidating to this picky eater.

Jackie and I are thinking about heading here before O'Hana!
The glass doesn’t look all that great, I am willing to try a drink there again and the May trip sounds like the best time to do it. I would love to meet you and Jackie there for a drink!
The food at the Storybook Dining was very delicious. The veal shank I had was just like a yummy Sunday pot roast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter